First time auto problem

bowtozenit

Hello.

My Auto Critical friend just entered third week of growing and it shows signs of some problems.
I'm using six 25W CFL bulbs and two 120mm vents to lower the temperature (growing in a space bucket), universal soil from local shop.

I started seeing these problems for about 5 days ago on the first two leaves and it kept spreading. The top leaves are growing healthy (as far as I can tell).

I read about Potassium deficiency and bought a liquid nutrient (3-2-2) and watered the plant with 50% strength. But the next day, black dots appeared on the next set of leaves too. I checked the pH of the soil and it is somewhere around 7.

It's my first time and I'm doing my best. I think it's growing a little bit slo. What do you think?
What could be the problem? Is there any chance my friend will make it through?

I wish you all have a great day!

DSC_012721.jpg

DSC_012819.jpg

DSC_012924.jpg

DSC_013024.jpg

Im a noob too, but ive learned a few things here. Others will correct me if Im wrong, so here goes.

If those sprouts are Autos and are 3 weeks old, your plants are stunted, very stunted.
If have no idea what that soil is, but it looks like tree bark. Whatever your soil is, it needs to hold and drain water well.
Ill post a link about how to water your plants after I post this
Seedlings and sprouts dont need nutes. Most dont add nutes until around the time your plant has 4 nodes. The seedling and early sprout has all the nutes it needs for a while.
Your PH at 7.0 (water)is high, too high. Lower it to 6.5. My PH was at 7 as well..stunted growth and Cal and Mag deficiencies.
Im not sure about soil Ph..
Im not sure a single plant needs 6 lights. Light is good, too much light is bad. I used 1 25w cfl on mine.
get a temp/humidity gauge. Accurite..around $15-25.
So, I think I see stunted growth due to Ph level too high and heat stress.
The damaged leafs will not recover. Look at thr new growth to see if youve corrected your issues correctly.
So, heres what I would do.
Id transplant those into a 3-5 gallon pot. Autos dont like being transplanted and Ive read the recommendation is to pot them into the main large pot straight away after germination.
Use a good soil. Add perlite (30% ratio), it helps retain water and helps drain. Make sure your pot has good enough drain holes in the bottom.
Reduce your lights to 1 or two 23w cfls for now..add more as the plant gets bigger.
Get a temp/humidity gauge, adjust as necessary.
Read and follow the link Ill post in a few about watering.
Adjust your water Ph to no higher than 6.5.
My $0.02

Hi Jamesnns,

Thank you for your help.
I tested again the soil and it varies. Near the roots it is now around 6 and near the cup walls it shows even 5.5.
Can I use this soil pH tester to test the water as well?
There is not much heat reaching the plant, or any at all. The temperature inside the space bucket is lower than the room's temperature.

What kind of Ph tester do you have, ?
What temp are you running? High and low? Lights on and off?
I run 72-79 f 24/7 lights on. 68-70 off.
My humidity is 39-47% depending.
I bought this...seems to be popular
Amazon - AcuRite 00613A1 Indoor Humidity Monitor - Weather Stations

1666925557859.png

The nice thing about this temp/hum gauge is it gives you highs and lows for the last 24 hours..
I use a Ph soluble tester. A few ml of water, a few drops and compare the color.
Trust me....this is a crucial thing to do right before you water. Im behind 3 weeks of growth because of too high Ph..

I don't have any device to measure the temperature right now, but I can say somewhere around 65-68 degrees.

My pH tester is a cheap one

I'm looking forward to buying the device you suggested!

OK.
Im not sure about soil Ph, or even if it matters. It might, I dont know. Ive read about water run off Ph...idk? But I think thats when some have nute burn and they need to flush the plant to clear out the nutes...I really dont know.
You can read my thread....its all there.
Btw..Im using 6 23w cfls on one plant thats almost 3 feet tall.....

If youre hurtin for $..Id...
Transplant the sprouts. Im not sure about your soil, but add some ricks or something in the bottom of ther pot, and crumble up your soil. It looks too...rocky...
Reduce your light to two cfls for noe.
Somehow get a temp reading and control it.
Read and understand the watering info.
Due to the obvious stunted growth, youre going to have to find a way to Ph control your water.

It might have been too much light? I read that the more light you offer her, the better. And the lights are kept at about 9 inches above.

photo681.JPG

See the leafs reaching UP towards the light? Thats what yu want to happen.
This plant has had its issues. Heat, humidity, bad watering habits, poor Ph leveles. Its the last survivng plant out of 3.
The good news, is thaat these plants are incredibly resilient.
Sorry for the speliing errors...My eyes are gone...

Well..idk.
You have to control the environment.
Temp
Humidity
Water
Ph
nutes
Light sched
Light leaks during off time.
Even though these plants are resilient, they need consistency.
Be careful transplanting...those sprout roots are fragile.

Wow..Im an idiot,...Im sorry....
You say thse are autos and ar 3 weeks old..an still in a solo cup.
Dude..youre root bound as well. Ill bet you have have massive roots, going nowhere at the bottom of that small solo cup.
You need to transplant...now.
Id get a min 3 gallon pot, about $2-3, fill it with some rocks at the bottom and mix the crumpled soil with some too, cit the bottom off the solo cup CAREFULLY and transplant. Avoid removoing the cup if you can..thats what Id do. Pulling that planrt out of the cup will really hurt whatvere roots you have Avoid watering for a couple of days and wgen you do water..follow the watering link.

# weeks auto in a solo cup...yup, thats a problem

I have 5 gallon pots prepared. I was waiting for her to get bigger.

Shall I change the soil? If not, I will transplant right now.

Back
Top Bottom