Can someone tell me what kind of bug this is? Please and thank you!

They hp around like sand fleas in the light and are burrowing in the soil. I imagine they're feasting on my roots.

I've attacked them with potassium soap insecticides and have caught thousands on the yellow sticky strips. What else should I do?
20160324_062834.jpg

Thank you kindly in advance, KIG everyone :green_heart:cheers

i though Thrips where white but i could be wrong but either way your infested the hydro story has stuff or Tobacco Juice recipe

Take 3 cigarettes soak them over night in water
Boil it for 3 minutes, let it cool off and spray the plants 3 to 4 times a week. or do the same but with hot peppers

Under closer inspection they have long spring like things coming out of their abdomen. I've diagnosed it as springtails. I will research their impact on mature plants.

FYI, it's been taken care of! M-F'ers bit the dust in a devastating attack from they mighty spray nozzle of death. Then I caught thousands on that strip, I've not seen any jumping today. I just reapplied more potassium salt type insecticide. Preemptive strike against all other plants in the tent, seems like a successful deterrent so far. Two days into the war, Stinky Snid 50000 : springtails 0

KiG :green_heart: thanks for the input guys. Appreciate your time and concern. Cheers!

One week after the initial discovery and viscous immediate attack on the bugs they're totally eradicated. No more bugs in or on the soil, I turned some up and scoured it with a magnifying glass. They never got to any leaves so no damage done there. It was a split in her trunk that attracted them there. All my pots had and now have fresh sticky strips and have been free of bugs since Monday. I read that sump holes are prime vector points for pests. It's been fumigated hahahahahahaha. Ant traps and sticky Strips there too. Spring is upon us and so are the millions of God damned insects.

KiG :green_heart: show no mercy to these pests.... Cheers!

Spring is upon us and so are the millions of God damned insects.

KiG :green_heart: show no mercy to these pests.... Cheers!

You bet! I barely started my grow for this year, literally as soon as the first tiny seedling pops out I get EVERY LIVING NASTY on this planet. Especially since I also grow peppers and they seem to attract lots of bugs.

I am spraying Neem/Insecticidal soap now preventive, like every month or so.

MITES...GNATS..ETC....those fricking gnats were the main reason I switched now to Hydro although the gnats are among the less "dangerous" pests although annoying.

You bet! I barely started my grow for this year, literally as soon as the first tiny seedling pops out I get EVERY LIVING NASTY on this planet. Especially since I also grow peppers and they seem to attract lots of bugs.

I am spraying Neem/Insecticidal soap now preventive, like every month or so.

MITES...GNATS..ETC....those fricking gnats were the main reason I switched now to Hydro although the gnats are among the less "dangerous" pests although annoying.

I hate Gnats ugh!!! They land in your coffee too! Why can't they all just die?! ...

Spread peace, love, and music!

Fuzzy - took me a little while to get rid of the little bastards
After them had these really tiny (about a quarter the size of gnats - specks really) white/grey things only in pots outer medium after watering (not flying) - don't know if they were gnat larvae halfway to adulthood - only other thing i could find pics of that were similar were springtails
Possibly from the tap water ?? Anyway i "retired" the lot of them with a quick spray of Eco Neem :rip: rest in pieces :thumb:

Fuzzy - took me a little while to get rid of the little bastards
After them had these really tiny (about a quarter the size of gnats - specks really) white/grey things only in pots outer medium after watering (not flying) - don't know if they were gnat larvae halfway to adulthood - only other thing i could find pics of that were similar were springtails
Possibly from the tap water ?? Anyway i "retired" the lot of them with a quick spray of Eco Neem :rip: rest in pieces :thumb:

Yeah bro, I saw something squiggly wiggly on one fan leaf, let's just say the neem came raining down light rain drops of death! Bugs are not allowed in my garden unless they're beneficial, are there any beneficial ones besides ladybugs? Lol! In fact i think it's time to set up my SOG and switch to flowering soon! Here are my girls they are Girl Scout Cookies.
420-magazine-mobile1084486523.jpg

Those are some healthy, shiny leaves! What are you spraying that they look that great?

I got rid of the gnats, but I am STILL having a problem with spider mites, despite spraying insecticidal soap and Neem, often.

(Spider mites are SO much more a pain in the ass compared to the gnats...)

I'm not spraying with anything besides Neem. Just taking care of my girls the best I possibly can. If you're not already doing this, be careful of what you track into your garden. Personally I have a separate change of clothes that I don't wear anywhere else. You'll be surprise what comes in on your person, just from being at a friends house. This is my first grow and I've been lucky enough to not have too many pest problems, knock on wood, but I use neem oil as a preventative measure. Whenever there is enough new growth that's not treated they get a spray down, don't be afraid to really get those leaves wet, even the under side. I hope this helps even a little.

GSC are one of the strains on my short list i would love to try
They look very happy - will be keeping an eye on them :thumb:

Oh yeah they are great plants, when you're ready to grow GSC let me know, I'll be happy to let you know everything I've leeward so far about them. Here is the link to my journal if you want to subscribe. Girl Scout Cookies
Girl Scout Cookies

Back
Top Bottom