Invasion from wee Beasties

blobby

Hi Folks, I cannot get rid of these evil critters!

m2TLLkH.jpg

First started when I noticed some greenfly having the cheek to take up residence on a couple of leaves. It was just coming into flower and on 12/12. I sprayed with dilute soap/water.

UGmEBm8.jpg

This worked fine when a few days later the leaves started to show signs of what looked like nute burn. Well I thought that maybe this has come from the spray so in panic I stuck my plant in the bath and used the shower head to wash any residue off. Duhhh!
It got progressively worse day after day.. On top of the soil appeared 1,000's these white bugs which I took for root aphids.

Lnk1sfG.jpg

I srayed the soil with "Bug clear ultra" Acitamiprid 0.05 g/l and it didnt seem very effective as another wave appeared the next day.

nBude7T.jpg

This time I drenched them and afer a few hours watered to take it to the roots, 80% died but then the mofos kept coming back day after day.....
hundreds of the buggers! and my poor plant getting sicker and sicker, showing every symptom of every deficiency going, (I assume the roots must be damaged).

5lgaPEO.jpg

Foilier feeding had no effect. I applied a dusting to the soil of insect killer 0.05% permethrin and still they come back the very next day. My first grow and it's really freaked me out man. I don't want to lose my best buddy, we've been through so much together....
My next move (as this is war now)... Remove from pot and place in bucket of water to clean roots and try to contine growth hydroponically.

What says the community? TIA

Thanks but I don't it will live that long :( I want to go hydro with it and I will physically remove them, all 500,000 of them, but scared it will shock it to death..

You might kill the moving ones, but the babies will hatch after your treatment and just repopulate.

yeah, thats why I want to wash the soil off the roots, expose them in their nakedness and zapp! "Shoud I go that "root" (pun intended)" haha, or just keep treating ???

GH makes AzaMax (Azadirachtin) i love the stuff and can be used in flowering if you have too

Yep. Azamax / Azatrol. Multiple sprays and drenches 3-4 days apart. It works.
Been there. Done that.

-edit-

I'd also isolate the plants (and yourself) from other plants, if you have them. These little bastardos are tough to kill. They can dig, crawl, and fly. The last thing yo want is to spread them to other plants and places.

Back
Top Bottom