Is this a possible Calcium/Magnesium issue?

at3035

Hi,
Just wondering if I've got a calcium or magnesium issue with my hydro grow (------------)?

pH is 5.8
temps: 30C
humidity: 35-40%
Light: 16/8 400W MH
ppm: 1000

I don't think its a nitrogen burn or nitrogen deficiency, but then again, not too sure.
I change the nutrient solution with new nutrients once a week.

Here are pics:
The leaf is speckley yellow
IMG_20160512_150410.jpg

IMG_20160512_150358.jpg

IMG_20160512_151322.jpg

You've got spider mites ... pretty bad too. :(
You'll be seeing webs soon if you don't do something to the little bastardos.
Like NP said, check under the leaves. Some mites are so small you have to use magnification. Look for the mites themselves, but you will also see "honeydew" the sticky little globs they secret.

I just checked and I don't have any spider mites, or none that I can see.
Plus I have 3 other plants in the same tent that are not effected at all.

Hopefully you looked for mites with good magnification. My eyes are not that good any more. I have to use 60X magnification to see them. Many mites are invisible to the naked eye.

I just checked again and can't see any spider mites or any webs or any other indications of spider mites except for the yellowing drying leaves. I also have 2 other plants in the same tent and they aren't showing any effects of spider mites. So could it still be.mites? Should I spray it with something?

Im wondering if it could be a dissolved oxygen thing cause I did have a pump that was split between 2 plants. And maybe the one that is yellowing wasn't getting enough dissolved oxygen? I did get a seperate pump for it now

Hopefully you looked for mites with good magnification.

I just checked again and can't see any spider mites or any webs or any other indications of spider mites except for the yellowing drying leaves. I also have 2 other plants in the same tent and they aren't showing any effects of spider mites. So could it still be.mites? Should I spray it with something?

Im wondering if it could be a dissolved oxygen thing cause I did have a pump that was split between 2 plants. And maybe the one that is yellowing wasn't getting enough dissolved oxygen? I did get a seperate pump for it now

Until I know you had a good look with magnification, I'd say "Yes", it could easily be mites. I've had enough of them to see plenty of damage on one plant but not another right next to it.

Are you using at tleast 30x to 60x magnification? Mites are only 30-40 thousandths of an inch in size.

IMG_20160515_155959.jpg

could this be an indication of mites on the stalk?

I don't have 30-60x magnifier yet, but I will check tomorrow
Where are the best places to look? New growth? Old growth?

Thanks again

could this be an indication of mites on the stalk?
Where are the best places to look?

No - don't think so.
Look on the back side of any leaf that looks like the ones in your initial pictures.

A leaf with mites.
Mites11.jpg

Back with magnification
twospotted_spider_mites.jpg
sm-up-close-web.jpg

I checked again with a magnifier and couldn't see anything ??
Here are close ups of a leaf

Front
IMG_20160516_151519.jpg

Back
IMG_20160516_151512.jpg

I checked all over and couldn't see anything, even with a magnifying glass
Even though I couldn't see any mites or webbing or any other indications other than yellowing leaves, I started spraying with an insecticidal soap

Excellent picture!
I'll be darned. I was sure we'd see mites. I zoomed WAY in and, while it looks exactly like mite damage, I cannot see a single one.
I'm stumped.

I'm stumped too
Even though I didnt want spider mites, I was hoping it would be so we would know what to do

I'm wondering if it could be an oxygen thing like how I mentioned earlier.
I had one pump that was split between 2 plants, but I now got a separate pump and more oxygen in the solution for this plant.

By the way, I did set my tent to flower so its on a 12/12 cycle with a 400W HPS
my other plants are doing fine except this one
and it is on flowering solution

Could the yellowing be a deficiency in something??

Could be Thrips
Here is what I am going through right now. They are hard to see, I used A 60X plus zoomed in all the way with iPhone. Had a video but guess not able to do videos.

I just checked again and don't see anything
I was at my local hydro store and they told me if it was an infestation, they would have migrated over and infested my other plants

He gave me a sample of a new formula to try and I purchased some calmag just to try as well

I just checked again and don't see anything
I was at my local hydro store and they told me if it was an infestation, they would have migrated over and infested my other plants

He gave me a sample of a new formula to try and I purchased some calmag just to try as well

Did you ever get a 60x scope to look?
They are very hard to see without one.
Maybe you could take a damaged leaf to the hydro store and they could look.
Or maybe the soap did it's job and your all clear.
I hoping for the last one.
GL and let us know if you have a chance to look at the leaf under a 60x scope, also keep an eye on the other plants.

After using the soap all over the plant, I noticed a day later there were bugs in the nutrient solution
it was a cluster of small black bugs that were floating on the water

I changed the solution immediately and rinsed the roots and plant
I think I will spray soap again
So you guys were right that it was an infestation
the bugs were black colour and about the size of a pen dot, but the strange thing was I couldn't see them on the leaf at all
Is it possible they got into the plant?

Thanks again everyone

Back
Top Bottom