Diagnosis needed please for a newbie

smileyman

Hi to all at 420. I'm a first time grower and I'm in need of some advice.

Firstly I'm in the UK and the weather so far this year has been terrible. However the usual moans aside.
Details are as follows.

Greenhouse Grow conditions
Seeds used were collected from weed purchased in various coffeeshops throughout Amsterdam 2015.
10-15 litre pots. All soil.
Seeds planted End of February 2016.
Current height 2+metres some at 2.5m-3m.
Just over 2 weeks into flowering

Condition

Yellowing leaves both Fan and new growth.
Some plants leaves are showing brown spotting.

Other plants leaves are showing yellowing to browning tips.

One plant is showing purplish leaves and purplish stems aprox 10% of the stems ranging off from the main stem.

I am growing organic and for the first 30-40 days there wasn't any nutrients added whatsoever other than tap water.
Huge mistake I know but im guessing I'm not the first and nor will I be the last either to do the same.
I then began to introduce slowly
Bio Biz Bio-Bloom from the advice given by a local grow shop as the bloom nutrient Co tins the lowest amount and will be less likely to shock the plants. Not sure if that's true but I did as I was advised.

A couple of weeks later I decided to go back to the grown shop and see what else was available organic and get something for the Growth of the plant as some of the leaves were yellowing. I was advised that I should try BAC Organic Grow &
Plant Magic Magne-Cal +.
Again I started slowly and built my way up to where the plants are now standing tall ranging from 2m-3m.

Can anyone tell me if the Magne-Cal + would add to the yellowing of leaves and browsing of tips?

Trouble I now have is as described above in the "Condition" of the plants and I would like some diagnosis as to whats wrong with them and what I should do to remedy the problems.

I have switched back to BioBiz Bio Bloom now as they are in there 2nd week of flowering. But the Bio Bloom NPK is 2.7.4
And with the yellowing of leaves and other issues I'm guessing they need more Nitrogen at least? (The BAC Organic grow
NPK was 8.3.3 much higher in Nitrogen)

The flowering leaves are also yellowing toward the bottom of the plant.
Should I be worried or is the plants growth now concentrated higher to start producing buds?

Many fan and stem leaves have browned and fallen from the bottom third of the plant.

The yellowing of leaves is not occurring higher than the bottom third of the plant. Middle and top third are green.

As said I'm probably worrying more than I need to but I want to be able to make this first attempt as much of a success as I can.
Hopefully with the 420 expertise community I should be able to make this happen.

Many thanks for all that read and reply. All your help and advice is much appreciated to a newbie like myself.

Without pictures (and even with) it's very hard to diagnose plants.

With that said, what it sounds like is multiple deficiencies. I cannot assess whether it is PH related, or pest related, or root zone health related, or perhaps a toxicity of some element.

In my minds eye I see a potential need for more K, Mg, Ca and MAYBE N too.

Again, very hard to determine as I have no experience with your UK products and only some disjointed info. So I cannot tell you that adding more of one product or another is going to help. But it sounds like a need for all 4 element I mentioned.

Go luck friend, and welcome to 420.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom