Problems with curling leaves

4bblformby

IM A NEW GROWER AND I GREW THIS PLANT UNTIL MY GROW ROOM IN ANOTHER PLACE GOT TO HOT. I LOST 20 PLANTS ALL BIG IN VEG STATE. I SAVED THIS ONE AND 3 MORE. I NOW HAVE THEM IN A CONTROLLED TEMP ENVIRONMENT AT 75-80. I HAVE THESE PLANTS UNDER A 500 WT MH YIELD LAB LIGHT, THEY ARE OVER 30" AWAY FROM LIGHT. I HAD HEAT STRESS ON THIS PLANT FROM MY FIRST GROW AND HAVE ONLY BEEN PUTTING SUPERTHRIVE IN. MY PH IS 6.5 OR SO. THE LEAVES LOOK SO BUSHY . IS THIS FROM OVER WATERING OR WHAT THE? ITS GOT LOTS OF NEW GROWTH. I ALSO JUST PURCHASED SOME GREAT WHITE ROOT STIMULANT. I HAVE TREATED 1 TIME LIKE IT SAYS. I SENT SOME PICS. ALSO I HAVE SOME BABIES ALL FEMINIZED SEEDS. I SENT PICS OF THESE ALSO. THE LEAVES ARE CURLING UPWARD. I HAVE BEEN CAREFUL NOT TO OVER WATER THESE. ONLY USING PH CORRECT WATER WITH SUPERTHRIVE. I HAD THEM UNDER MY MH LIGHT UNTIL I STARTED SEEING THE LEAVES LOOKED TWEAKED AND THE EDGES CURLING SLIGHTLY. I NEVER HAD THEM CLOSER THAN 30". I AM HAVING BIG PROBLEMS AND DONT WANT TO LOSE THESE BABIES I PAID SO DEARLY FOR. THEY ARE NOW UNDER 2 FLORECENT -4-FT- T-8 6500K AND 4 WALLY WORLD 17 WT FLORECENT GROW LIGHTS FOR THE BABIES. THEY CAME UP ON 7/13. TREATED 1st TIME WITH GREAT WHITE ON 7/22. NO FOOD ONLY WATER AND SUPERTHRIVE. THE MEDIUM IS VERMICULITE AND PEAT MOSS. ALL SEEDLINGS ARE KILLER GENETICS FROM AMSTERDAM. HUMIDITY IS ABOUT 55-60%. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHY THESE LEAVES ARE BUSHY AND WHY MY BABY PLANTS LEAVES ARE CURLING? SORRY CANT FIGURE OUT HOW TO POST PHOTOS.

DSCF10343.JPG
DSCF10334.JPG
DSCF10372.JPG
DSCF10355.JPG
DSCF10333.JPG
DSCF10314.JPG
DSCF10293.JPG
DSCF10265.JPG
DSCF10254.JPG
DSCF10321.JPG

NO NOT NOW MOVED INSIDE THE SPARE BEDROOM. IM IN ALABAMA. ITS JUST TO DAMN HOT THIS YEAR IN MY SHOP. I PUT MY BABIES UNDER THE 2-T8 FLOR 6500K ,LIGHTS TO GET THEM TO COME BACK. GOLD LEAF, BIG BUD, CHOCOLOPE, SUPER SILVER HAZE, PURPLE HAZE AMNESIA HAZE AND SOME HIGH GRADE SKUNK. ALL FEMINIZED SEEDS EXCEPT THE SKUNK. I HAVE BEEN MISTING MY BABIES 2-4 TIMES A DAY FOLIAR MIST. SEEMS TO BE WORKING THEY ARE LOOKING SOME BETTER . I STARTED MY LAST GROW BABIES UNDER A 1000 WATT LIGHT BUT IT WASNT NEARLY AS STRONG AS THIS NEW DOUBLE ENDED YIELD LAB WITH THE XXL HOOD. I KEEP IT TURNED DOWN ON 400 SETTING NOW ON MY BIG PLANTS BECAUSE THEY LOOK BURNED TOO. ITS WELL OVER 3 FEET FROM MY BIG PLANTS. BUT WHEN MY BABIES WERE COMING ON GOOD I THREW THEM UNDER THE NEW LIGHT AND IT GOT THEM GOOD. I WILL KEEP BABIES UNDER FLORECENTS FROM NOW ON TILL THEY ARE AT LEAST 3-4 WEEKS OLD. GOT SOME SKUNK LABS LIQUID KELP SEAWEED ADDITIVE TO GIVE THEM. ITS SUPOSSED TO HELP LIGHT BURN. WE WILL SEE. I HAVE A 5x5 CLOSET FOR MY BABIES AND THE FLORECENTS. I WENT AHEAD AND PLANTED 5 MORE SEEDS JUST IN CASE SOME DIE. NOW THE AMNESIA HAZE IS TOUGH THEY DIDNT TWEAK AT ALL THEY LOOK SUPER SO IT MUST BE ALOT MORE HEAT TOLERANT THAN THE OTHERS. PS. I HAVE 2 GERMAN ROTTWEILERS ONE WAS THE RUNT OF THE LITTER SHE IS NOW THE LARGEST OF THE WHOLE LITTER. 11 MONTHS OLD AND 110LBS. SHE HATES ARMADILLOS HA!!

HI ITS NOT PESTS IT WAS MY LIGHT WAS TO INTENSE AT 1000 WATT DOUBLE ENDED YIELD LAB XXL HOOD. NOT TEMPERATURE THOUGH MY TEMPS ARE PERFECT. THIS BIG YIELS LAB LIGHT IS BRAND NEW AND MY CEILINGS ARE ONLY 8 FOOT. SO I HAD TO TAKE IT DOWN. BUT LOOK AT MY PLANTS NOW THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL AND GROWING LIKE A RABBIT UNDER THE T-8 6500K 4 TUBE 4' LIGHTS. I ALSO BOUGHT SOME COMPOST TEA CALLED SKINNY CHICKEN OFF OF EBAY. IT QUADROUPLED THE SIZE OF SEVERAL OF MY PLANTS OVERNIGHT, IM RUNNING THESE 24/7 AND THEY ARE DRINKING THIS TEA AT 1/2 STRENGTH EVERY DAY. 2-4 OZ EACH CUP IS ALL I PUT AS TO NOT OVERWATER THEM. WHEN THE CUP GETS LIGHT I FEED THEM AGAIN. THERE ARE 2 WEEKS OF PICS SO YOU CAN SEE HOW THEY CAME BACK FROM SUN BURN. THAT LIGHT WAS TOO INTENSE AT THE DISTANCE I HAD IT SO I MOVED THEM AND TOOK THE BIG LIGHT DOWN! DO YOU THIN K I SHOULD JUST KEEP GOING LIKE THIS OR SHOULD I BUY A 400 MH AND HPS BULBS? I DO HAVE FLOWERING BULBS FOR THESE T-8s . WHAT DO YOU THINK?
DSCF10493.JPG
DSCF10493.JPG
DSCF10493.JPG

THE FIRST PICTURES ARE THE MOST RECENT . I LOADED THEM WRONG. THE SECOND PICS ARE THE FIRST WEEK I MOVED THEM AFTER THE LIGHT BURNED PICS I PUT ON FIRST. THEY REALLY TOOK OFF WHEN I STARTED FEEDING THEM THAT COMPOST TEA. OHHHH MY I WAS FREAKIN OUT! YOU CAN SEE HOW BIG THEY HAVE GOTTEN IN JUST 2 WEEKS! I ALSO STARTED A NEW BATCH OF BABIES THEY ARE ONLY 5 DAYS OLD TODAY. NOW THE SKRAWNY LOOKING PLANT IN THE FIRST PICS WAS A PURPLE HAZE THAT GOT ONE OF THE ROUND LEAVES CUT OFF BY THE SHELL THE DAY IT POPPED SO IT WAS STUNTED TILL I FED IT SKINNY CHICKEN. ISNT IT AMAZING HOW THESE CAME BACK THAT GOOD!! THEY ARE SUPER HEALTHY NOW. I ALSO BOUGHT SOME SKUNK LABS SEAWEED ADDITIVE CALLED VITAL BOOST BUT IT DIDNT WORK AS GOOD AS THE TEA. BUT I USED IT TO HELP WITH THE LIGHT STRESS RECOVERY. BUDDY THAT TEA IS ABSOLUTLY AMAZING. I MEAN TRIPLED SEVERAL OF MY PLANTS AND QUADROUPLED 1 IN JUST 10 HOURS NO KIDDIN. I JUST TOPPED THEM ALL LAST NIGHT BUT LEFT THE LEAF ON ONE SIDE TO TRY AND GET THREE BRANCHES INSTEAD OF THE NORMAL TWO. IM GOING TO START STRESSING IT IN A COUPLE MORE WEEKS. IF THEY KEEP GROWING THIS GOOD IM GOING TO VEG FOR 3 MORE WEEKS AND KICK EM OVER TO FLOWER. SO WHAT DO YOU THINK SHOULD I KEEP THEM UNDER THIS T-8 AND FLOWER THEM THERE OR BUY A 400 WATT MH and HPS AND VEG AND FLOWER THEM WITH IT?

THE FIRST PICTURES ARE THE MOST RECENT . I LOADED THEM WRONG. THE SECOND PICS ARE THE FIRST WEEK I MOVED THEM AFTER THE LIGHT BURNED PICS I PUT ON FIRST. THEY REALLY TOOK OFF WHEN I STARTED FEEDING THEM THAT COMPOST TEA. OHHHH MY I WAS FREAKIN OUT! YOU CAN SEE HOW BIG THEY HAVE GOTTEN IN JUST 2 WEEKS! I ALSO STARTED A NEW BATCH OF BABIES THEY ARE ONLY 5 DAYS OLD TODAY. NOW THE SKRAWNY LOOKING PLANT IN THE FIRST PICS WAS A PURPLE HAZE THAT GOT ONE OF THE ROUND LEAVES CUT OFF BY THE SHELL THE DAY IT POPPED SO IT WAS STUNTED TILL I FED IT SKINNY CHICKEN. ISNT IT AMAZING HOW THESE CAME BACK THAT GOOD!! THEY ARE SUPER HEALTHY NOW. I ALSO BOUGHT SOME SKUNK LABS SEAWEED ADDITIVE CALLED VITAL BOOST BUT IT DIDNT WORK AS GOOD AS THE TEA. BUT I USED IT TO HELP WITH THE LIGHT STRESS RECOVERY. BUDDY THAT TEA IS ABSOLUTLY AMAZING. I MEAN TRIPLED SEVERAL OF MY PLANTS AND QUADROUPLED 1 IN JUST 10 HOURS NO KIDDIN. I JUST TOPPED THEM ALL LAST NIGHT BUT LEFT THE LEAF ON ONE SIDE TO TRY AND GET THREE BRANCHES INSTEAD OF THE NORMAL TWO. IM GOING TO START STRESSING IT IN A COUPLE MORE WEEKS. IF THEY KEEP GROWING THIS GOOD IM GOING TO VEG FOR 3 MORE WEEKS AND KICK EM OVER TO FLOWER. SO WHAT DO YOU THINK SHOULD I KEEP THEM UNDER THIS T-8 AND FLOWER THEM THERE OR BUY A 400 WATT MH and HPS AND VEG AND FLOWER THEM WITH IT?
Hi 4bblformby, welcome to the forum world. I am guessing that you have come out of the military with your use of all caps... it looks like a typical Air Force directive that I was once very familiar with. :) The problem is that it is not nearly as readable as upper and lower case lettering... and in the online forum world, even in emails, all caps means that you are shouting. So please.. stop shouting at us. :)

That being said... let me comment on your lights. First, man, what a hard lesson you have had in burning all of those plants, and you have my condolences. All of us have burned plants at one time though, so dont feel so bad... I remember a tray of expensive plants I took outside to get some sun one morning... they looked a lot like yours actually. lol

Your T8's have a purpose. They are perfect for new seedlings and clones. After that, you need more serious light. I have some very cool high tech florescent lights, 4' T5 lights, and I run special purple grow bulbs in them. With my 8 purple lights, I feel that I get better growth than I did with a 400w MH light in the same space. To each his/her own... MH in veg works very well too, and a 400w bulb will cover roughly a 3'x3' space with enough light to correctly grow our weed. If you have more space, such as 4'x4', then you need to step up to a larger bulb, such as a 600w or a 1000w, to cover that larger space with the same minimum amount of light needed to grow quality pot.

In flower, you have even more options, but since you are getting a high intensity discharge light for veg, I suggest also playing around with HPS in the flowering stage. I actually like using a combination of MH and HPS in flower, but people tend to recommend using HPS in flower. If you purchase the right ballast, you will be able to run either type of bulb.

Sorry about the caps. My problem with anything larger than say 400 mh/hps is that im doing this in a spare bedroom. While i have alot of space its the ceilings that are limiting my light choice. I can get a 400 w MH/HPS or 600. but the cieligs are only 8 feet high in this old house my wifes dad built in 1949. Thats why i grabbed the T-8s and threw those small plants under those. I dont have any T-5s and they are expensive too. I have 12 plants up total and enough seeds to start 18 more. Do you think i could grow 12 under a 400 MH bulb or do i need to step up to the 600.With my ceilings at 8 feet im still concerned about light burn. One plus in that is my old "GRANDPAW" 1970 vertical hydro light thats grown so much pot since the 70s isnt horizontal and less powerful. I did think it still need to be higher with the 1000 mh bulb i have in it. i can put a 400, 600, or 1000 wt bulb in it. Do they have those purple bulbs for the T-8s? Anyway i do have a minute to think about it and get advice from an experienced grower like yourself. I really was excited that my plants came back so strong. I did pull all my larger skunk plants away from the new light i put up in place of my new yield lab. I had this old 70s light in my shop early in the summer and it worked excellent at about 10-11 feet high. What do you think since my ceilings are 8 feet? I do have access to several more 4- bulb T-8s i can throw a pretty big group together in the spare bedroom. I paid alot for these seeds from 420 in Amsterdam. I need as good a harvest as i can get without screwing it all up which im almost certain will happen. So what lights would you go with under my conditions with the ceiling?

you are concentrating on the wrong dimension... think footprint, not height. How big of a footprint do you want to grow plants in? A 400w will cover 3ft x 3 ft. A 600w will cover 4ft x 4 ft. A 1000w will cover 6ft x 6 ft.

I have never seen the agromax bulbs in anything but a T5, but everyone these days has specialty bulbs... look around.

Also, using modern growing techniques, if your plants get much over 5' tall, you did something wrong. There is no need to have 7' monsters in an indoor grow. What I am getting at is that your 8' ceilings are fine... my grow tent is not that tall, and depending on how big of a footprint you want your light to make, you won't need all of that vertical space.

Back
Top Bottom