4 sick bagseeds - Solo cup transplants

FuzzyGreen

So an intro to how these four sickly plants came to be...

I picked these up when they were just over 2 weeks old. They began their life in solo cups under the same 300 series of LED I am using, the difference being I'm using two of them my partner has only one. Up until the day I picked them up, they were watered from the surface pool of a nearby spring with zero nutes. We are both using Promix HP... I didn't know how many times he had watered them and they were starting to show some over-watering symptoms. But I didn't come to that conclusion until another forum member here brought it up on my journal... alas I had fed them at my partners house using the GO line of nutes... full strength.

The day I brought them home they were the darker green I was familiar with, but as the pictures below will show just over a week and a half later their status has degraded.

So continuing... I transplanted the 4 of them into my cloth pots the day after they were at my home. I watered them in, enough for roughly 20% of the gallon jug I used on each to drip out the bottom. They were left raised to drain, then I moved them back into the upper tent. Since that day their conditions have worsened.. severely. I have not fed or watered them since the transplant day.

I added finger sized holes around the perimeter of each pot to aid with drying out completly and have also added plastic spacers to the bottoms of the pots. The surface is very dry... and in my journal I stated just over 2 inches down is still dry...after that it's cool and has wetness but isn't soaked. Now where the solo cup shaped root ball is... that's a bot more damp but I figure the root laden soil can hold more fluid.

So here's what the sick ones look like, just 2 pictures because they're all exhibiting the same symptoms.

-yellow green new growth
-older leaves have a purple surface starting... I watched it worsen over the last two days
-a couple of leaves have a ca/mg spotting appearance in a penny sized area
-reddish purple leaf veins/connecting stems
-main stem is purple

I have other babies so throwing these away wouldn't be the worst but if this could happen to the seedlings I just started... well I'd really like to avoid it. Any advice is most appreciated, happy growing to all

Deficiency8.jpg

Deficiency21.jpg

red leaves like that indicate a really bad P deficiency. Sometime I see this in flowering stage with plants that didn't have good root development. Never seen this in veg.

Just posting to say the plants are fine and one ended up a male so far.
Remainingbagseed.jpg

The problem was feeding them full strength nutrients at that stage.

It definitely looked like it was over fertilized which caused Calcium and iron lock out. Which explains the yellow new growth.

The problem was feeding them full strength nutrients at that stage.

It definitely looked like it was over fertilized which caused Calcium and iron lock out. Which explains the yellow new growth.
Hey thanks for the input! If you check out my journal I had properly diagnosed it as over-watering accompanied with the fact I had not PHed. I found out my water was 8.5+ from my well, it locked out after transplant due to the alkalinity of the water. Promix hp doesn't have any nutrients and states feed within 7-14 days, I'm using the GO line, it's hard to burn plants off the base full strength solution... as you increase the amount of base nutrient (grow or bloom) it gets easier to get tip burn.

So quick summary, after a complete dry out then full nutrient line watering the kids are healthy and green, head over to my journal in a couple days! I'll have a picture update with all of my youngins...

Back
Top Bottom