Week 4 of flower - Yellowing

ChrisLaw

Hey guys,

Things have been going great for my first grow up until now. I did a lot of reading of the forum so I have a great foundation of knowledge thanks to you guys. Much appreciated!
I am 4 weeks into flower and have encountered my first issue. Please see pics.
6tyUlaB.jpg

R0RIEoD.jpg

i5DHfDs.jpg

v7LQPLt.jpg

The grow is out plant in 5 gal fabric pot in coco, with a perlite mix, watering till overrun (distilled) every other day, and feeding every third watering. Using FoxFarms at about %70 strength. Always ph'd at around 6.3-6.5. Light is a perfect sun 500. I did a flush one week ago. The yellowing started about 3 days ago. Last feeding was the day before yesterday. I was hoping that would solve the problem. But it hasn't. Any advice on what could be happening?

I once flushed in mid flower and my leaves turned a pale green. I only flush once now around 7-10 days before harvest hope this helps .

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Update:
Ok I decided to check the runoff ph out of curiosity. I ran two gallons of 7.0 distilled through the pot. First gal went in, 6.8 came out. 2nd gal went in came out 6.8.
I have a TDM meter so i decided to check that as well. PPM came out as 831 @66f, EC was 1682 @68f. Both numbers are below the recommended amounts for FoxFarm week 4 flower. So it looks like I have definitely been underfeeding. I feel like 2 gals is more than enough water to throw at this lady for one day, so I will wait a while before hitting her with more water and full strength nutes.
Question is how long should I wait! Lol

If they were mine I would say the sooner the better since you essentially washed out more nutes with the 2 gal. If the soil is already soaked it wont get any wetter just replace the plain water with nute water. The issue of too much water is more being wet for too long and not letting it dry out between waterings. A good flush is 3x your pot size so they can take a lot. You could also try feeding every other watering at 70% instead of feeding every 3rd.

Sent from my SM-G935P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Question for you guys. Since my runoff is coming out at 6.8 does that mean the soil ph is too high? If it's too high, should I add a gal of say 6.0 ph'd water to the pot next feeding to bring it down?

6.8 is abit high for my liking but then again I grow in coco and always stay 5.8-6.0

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hi Chris, I am no expert but I thought in coco you should water with nutes always, at about 5.8 ph, and add calmag thru stretch. Very easy to flush nutes out of coco with plain water.

Hi Chris, I am no expert but I thought in coco you should water with nutes always, at about 5.8 ph, and add calmag thru stretch. Very easy to flush nutes out of coco with plain water.
Thought it was soil not coco, my bad. I would go with what this guy says.

Hi!
In coco, always(!!) feed unless flushing. Feeding at ph 6.0-6.2 is ideal, as coco is neutral-you're growing with a medium that looks like dirt but essentially acts like rockwool or any inert hydroponic medium. As to your coloring issue: Unless you're at 60°f or so at night, (and even if you are) that's (still) a deficiency and you can rectify it (as much as possible at this point) by using nutrients every day. Go for around 1000ppm flower nutes at 6.2ph and in a few days you'll notice the small leaves in the buds will lose that color and head back towards a normal green.
Don't boost nitrogen, even though you may be tempted, what's in your flower mix will be enough. (Pretty though, aren't they?) .

-Doc

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

***UPDATE***
Yellowing still persists, but less purple. Even though I have weird coloring issues, the plant seems to be doing okay.
IMG_018555.JPG
IMG_018056.JPG
IMG_018451.JPG
IMG_017959.JPG

Nifty little chart i found on another thread. Hopefully you can see it, trying to use pics on the app is weird.
420-magazine-mobile177385557.jpg

That chart is for soil. For Hydro you want this one..Look at the Hydro side.

ph37.JPG

Back
Top Bottom