Pest?

sleepless

420-magazine-mobile325913015.jpg

Wife says they are dirt flies lol

No ill affects but first bug in tent.

Fruit flies or gnats

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Ya they look more black than yellow so I think they are gnats but I'm not sure.

My wife says she catches them all the time by her house plants.

Yes it is gnats

Just place a yellow glue trap near by and /or a shot glass filled with vinegar and dish washing liquid ( a few drops) near stem buried a it in soil. and you will catch the adults.
complete-guide-to-retting-rid-of-fungus-gnats.jpg

Had a question ive been noticing dust mites around my plants just before the lights turn on. Theyre clearish/yellow just barely a millimeter big. Id ve worried if they looked green like i notice some gnats turn after eating plants, or black house flys bombed and cant fly trippin on a bud. But they they dont seem erratic like i notice the house flys are. Would they be problems? And if so whats the best treatment for light to no pests without using pesticides that are harmful.

to each their own and mine to smoke

Yes it is gnats

Just place a yellow glue trap near by and /or a shot glass filled with vinegar and dish washing liquid ( a few drops) near stem buried a it in soil. and you will catch the adults.
complete-guide-to-retting-rid-of-fungus-gnats.jpg
Thanks.

I've done the above.

Hell you can barely see promix for all the yellow strips

Should I be concerned?

Yes. But if you take action, they should be fine. Start looking at breaking the cycle. I've used the SNS stuff with good success. I also use multiple approaches. Coat the soil with diatomaceous earth. Water at longer intervals to keep soil moisture down. Gnats suck, but they aren't that hard to kill. :Namaste: Good luck.

Good point Proff, and great pic, that's the first I've seen like it. They do look like gnats though, more brown than black, and less bulky in the thorax.

I know the plant show no effects now, but if the plants go pale, and start to look deficient, recheck for Aphids - could be both.
Aphids need some heavy fire, but can be knocked out.

Yes it was. It killed everything in the soil. You'll still have flyers. Use yellow sticky traps for them. 2 tbs per gallon. 30ml. I had fungus gnats. I repeated one week later. Didn't bother my plants at all. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

420-magazine-mobile80496905.jpg

Hi guys.

Is there somebody that knows what this is? I was thinking a fungus gnat, but it does not look like any of the pictures I have found. Thanks in advance

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

it is A gnat, from same family but it doesn't look like fungus gnat.
YOu treat them the same though. Yellow gluetraps/neem oil (and others work too) /vinegar and dish washing liquid in a shot glass, place glass close to plant. (as you see I do it organically :) ) / diatomaceous earth

Thanks for the reply Angry bird. I have had yellow traps out since I posted this and that is the only bug that has turned up on them. But I will start with been oil and put some traps out. Little diffecult with the earth as I have drill a million holes in my pots for better air flow. Thanks again for the tips and will take your advice

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom