First grow - Please help! 72 days flowering

Blazingdragon

Im struggling with timing my harvest. I have posted these bud pics at day 72 of the flowering stage. I have seen very minimal change since day 60. Ive been checking the trichomes as previously advised and all are a cloudy white and around 25% of pistils are amber. There are still a lot of straight white pistils toward the tip of each cola.No major calyx swelling. Most of the colas are light and airy with no real heavy density. What im trying to decide is that, is this the furthest and best they are going to get due to probable mistakes ive made during the whole process (we hope to live and learn) OR by the looks of things should i expect more swelling and hardening of the bud sites? Im just not sure when to harvest!

Please excuse my essay! Thanks all.

420-magazine-mobile998942663.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1126738401.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1133792925.jpg

420-magazine-mobile895341496.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1290172027.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Re: First grow...PLEASE HELP! 72 Days flowering

Thank you. I was expecting they would have tighten by now at 72 days. Patience I guess. I have 4 and been flushing for about 2 weeks. This one looks further along than the other 3.

420-magazine-mobile769409200.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1878876451.jpg

i can't wait to switch my ladies to 12/12 but i just better wait...lol

my advice would be depending on whether your seed source listed a recommended period for flowerings, I have seen anywhere from 8-13 weeks with up to a 3 week Flush at the end of budding recommended depending on the strains typical cycle

First grow...PLEASE HELP! 72 Days flowering

You have run out of Phosphorus the yellowing of the tips is the plant using up the phosphorus and Potassium stored in the leaves. Without phosphorus your plant can't support the rapid cellular reproduction required during flowering.
When did you flip to 12/12?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I flipped to 12/12 on the 31st of October. 72 days.

Also the plant looks like its primarily Sativa so it will take longer to finish, id give it more time. Good things come to those who wait.

Keep em frosty ya'll

Thanks penny. No im not using any booster. Been flushing with just water for 2 weeks. Would you recommend introducing a booster even after 2 weeks of just flushing with water.

That would actually do better. You've freed up any salt deposits. But if you use a booster you'll get up to 30% more growth....but you'll have to flush again for two weeks.
I'd just harvest and start your next round from clones.
You're gonna be day 100 if you PK it. Lol.

Thanks Jimmy. Yeah i thought there would then be another 2 weeks on top if i did that. Might be worth doing for the additional 30% though? As these ones are cuttings and im not 100% on the strain, im going to go for seeds next time so i know what im getting with an advertised short flowering time.

Thanks Jimmy. Yeah i thought there would then be another 2 weeks on top if i did that. Might be worth doing for the additional 30% though? As these ones are cuttings and im not 100% on the strain, im going to go for seeds next time so i know what im getting with an advertised short flowering time.

If you can, run out and grab a small package of KoolBloom Dry finish.
You only need 1/4 tsp per gallon for 1 to 2 weeks.

Here's the info.
KoolBloom - YouTube

Thanks Jimmy. Im going to give that a go as suggested.

It's great stuff. But be warned....
When you use that first dose AT EXACTLY 1/4 TEASPOON PER GALLON (1/2 tsp for large outdoor plants) YOU ARE EFFECTIVELY SENDING YOUR PLANT A "DEATH SIGNAL"!!!

THERE IS NO GOING BACK. YOU MUST FINISH THE SYSTEM!

Your plant will "think" it's about to die and as a result will attempt a last ditch effort to procreate. The result is explosive sex organ (flower) production. This requires massive amounts of Phosphorus and Potassium which KB has in spades.
Good luck and Godspeed.

If you can, run out and grab a small package of KoolBloom Dry finish.
You only need 1/4 tsp per gallon for 1 to 2 weeks.

Here's the info.
KoolBloom - YouTube

The guy looks so roasted in this video how many takes you think it took him ... sorry for the non related post

Happy growing .

Back
Top Bottom