Can this seedling survive?

ResinSaurusRex

This seed came from a no name breeder. Its said to be a "white urkle". Out of 9 this is the only to get this far.

The first 5 went into a coco seed starter with jiffy pot. Watered with 6.5 ph water directly in the mix. No sprouts.

The next 4 went into a cup 6.5 ph'd water in a dark warm closet. After 24 hours the seeds were still floating. After 48 hours the seeds were still floating. After another 24hrs the seeds all split but only 1 had a taproot.

I wasnt feeling much promise with this seed so I buried it in the soil of the ladies I have in flower.

The ladies in flower got their nutes as usual in their Fox Farms soil. Needless to say, a mutant sprout popped.

Here's what Ive done:

1. Removed seedling from the FF soil.
2. Placed seedling into coco seed starter mix.
3. Flushed with only 6.5 ph water.
4. Put the seedling in direct sun (had a nice day in So Cal between storms) to dry out the soil.

This seedling is going on 2 weeks. It has new growth but my problem is a growing spot.

I can continue to put under a CFL at night then transfer to direct sunlight in the day (pending no rain). If there is no sun what do you suggest, place under my HPS in my flower tent? Leave under the CFL in a cardboard box? The box has no fan or vents.
0874f3c4bc116d2979784997b4ee7846.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using 420

I use a cardboard box and CFL a lot for seedlings. I have kept them in there for a couple weeks waiting on room in the veg section.

I use a cardboard box and CFL a lot for seedlings. I have kept them in there for a couple weeks waiting on room in the veg section.
Do you think this seedling is worth saving?

If it's a known strain or feminized seed, from my stand point I would say its well worth the effort. Here is my "mutant" so to speak from sprout. Then 1 week later.
420-magazine-mobile1743950119.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1678321260.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Sure, I'd see it as a challenge. it doesn't take up that much space, doesn't need much light right now, just put it to the side and make sure it doesn't dry out. Might end up plant of the month.:blunt:

Sure, I'd see it as a challenge. it doesn't take up that much space, doesn't need much light right now, just put it to the side and make sure it doesn't dry out. Might end up plant of the month.:blunt:
I think it will be a cool little challenge plant. So far its not dead and the roots are holding clumps of soil together.

Ill do weekly updates or sooner updates if something else funky appears out of the blue.

I thought it may have been toast after my dog stepped on her but the stem was only bent, not snapped.

Thanks all!

I brought my seedling into the house as was getting cold in my shed, had it under a floor lamp (it had a pivoting top, so had it on top of VHS cabinet next to it with it pointing down on it a few inches away) with a regular CFL bulb for a few weeks and it seemed to work perfectly fine (a lot happier than it was out in the cold shed ;) ).

Back
Top Bottom