Over watered? Nute burn?

growgreen755

This is my first grow, the journal link is below. But the leaf browned out, dried up then i clipped them before and after, all the info is included in my journal. Any help would be great so i can get these little guys into my hydro system.

20170204_090333_1_.jpg
20170208_231439_1_.jpg

First Grow Purple Kush Hydro Drip Fed 2017

Difficult to say. I would say don't give any nutes for the first 2 - 3 weeks, just pH water. When you do start with nutes give 1/8 to a 1/4 per ml and gradually built up.

sounds like a plan, make anything of that little black spot? How often and how much would you water a plant this small? maybe an inch and a half tall. How long should young plants stay in a grow dome for?

Not sure what the spot is, maybe if get water on the leaves while watering it can leave marks. As far as watering. Just make sure the soil is not saturated and you have good drainage. The roots need air and if you have an airy soil you should be ok.

so maybe i am under watering that one, the coco is really fluffy/ airy. Read horrors of root rot so i have been watering lightly. Dont believe ive watered it in two days, maybe thats why the leaves are light green, the tips are pointed down unlike the other ones. So you can saturate that pot with that little plant once a day and be good?

Root rot is more likely to occur in stagnant water with low amounts of oxygen. Like I said coco holds 30% air when fully wet, the plant will use up the oxygen within this air. Then every time you water it, it replaces the water and the air ensuring there is oxygen in it again. You will have a hard time over watering in coco, so definitely more likely to be a lack of replacing the water.

Also coco has no nutrients in it, unless added by you. Just as long as you start your Nutrients at 1/4 strength and then slowly build up each feed and when you water, make sure there is 20% run off and you will never have to flush as this will prevent salt build up on the roots.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

My advice is don't use nutes until the 4th set of leaves come out you can easily burn it when it's that young

next question is once that plants root system is established can i transplant it into a clay hydro system like i intend on doing with those rockwool plants? That wasn't my original intention but my plans changed....

Yes you could technically transplant to clay pebbles, just carefully wash the roots to get rid of the majority of the coco and place in the clay pebbles with the roots hanging in the water.

And yes if it's pre buffed it shouldn't need nutrients until the first few nodes have appeared but I'd still suggest adding some CalMag

the last seedling i started is so far ahead other two in growth, will they catch uP? Also when is the best time to transplant into clay?

Back
Top Bottom