Assistance in diagnosing the problem

shaneco

Hello,

I'm a first time grower and very excited to join the club.

A bit of back story, I started three plants from seed on 1/28. The seedlings are coming along, maybe a bit slow?, but they have thier third true set of leaves starting.

On 2/4 I received 5 more plants from a friend that were two weeks into veg and in 1 gallon smart pots. He suggested I transplant them to something larger, I went 3 gallon. This was a mix of bubba kush, 707, and Cookie wreck. I don't have the full back story on the genetics of these plants. The bubba kush seems to be doing well, but the other four don't look as healthy. The leaves are darker with a bit of purple and almost "rough". Please see the pictures below of the leaves in question. I'm not having much luck in my searches.

Here are the details on the environment:
Soil Grow
Strain - 707, Cookie Wreck, Bubba Kush - Not 100% sure, but I believe all are indica or indica hybrids.
5 plants, 1 bubba, 1 707, 3 Cookie Wreck
Indoor - 4x4 tent
600w Timber Grow Lights Vero COB LED light
Oregon's Only #4 soil
Oregon's Only Sample Pack nutes
3 gallon pots
Air Cooled - 76 degress lights on (not full strength, see more notes) / 65% lights out
RH 30-40%
Lights are around 12 inches of the plants

Feeding: I have a bluelab PH tester, both soil and liquid probes. I bought "RO" water from the local grocery store. I'm using 1/4 of the recommended dose of the Oregon's Only line. I'm using straight Oregon's Only #4 Soil. I just received the plants on Saturday, and transplanted them Sunday. Post transplant I watered them with the solution 1/4 strength solution until ~20% run off. I PH tested the soil after the watering at 6.2. Planning another watering today.

more notes: I can't run my light full strength as it approaches 95 degrees in the tent. I have a swamp cooler on the way, given our low RH i'm hopeful that will help. I'm running the light at ~60% strength.

Tent

The plants that appear to have an issue:

The leaves I have questions about.

The bubba kush which seems to be doing fine (correct me if I'm wrong :))

And finally, the seedlings. Any advice here? We are coming up on two weeks since seed. Germinated in rapid rooter.

Thanks in advance!

bump, On Friday, I attempted to flush with distilled water that tested at 7.0 PH 0 PPM in case I was giving nutes too early. The run off is at 6.8 PH. Unfortunately, the situation appears to be the same two days later. Any idea what might be causing the leaf coloring I'm seeing?

bump, On Friday, I attempted to flush with distilled water that tested at 7.0 PH 0 PPM in case I was giving nutes too early. The run off is at 6.8 PH. Unfortunately, the situation appears to be the same two days later. Any idea what might be causing the leaf coloring I'm seeing?

I am no expert but I burnt one of my plants with a 12 watt led screw in bulb from 10" away...when I looked and cobs It was highly recommended that I keep a 20" gap from tops to light..and that was with 400w.....maybe raise the lights to 20" or so and see if that helps over a few days :thumb

Way too much light for those seedlings. 100w would be sufficient for those size. Back the light off 2ft at least

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks to both of you! I was surprised that you both mentioned lighting. I'll most certainly give that a try. I wasn't aware that you could provide too much light, assuming heat is under control.

I've continued to search and the closest photos I've found similar to mine were of a phosphorus deficiency. Any signs that would make you rule out or confirm that diagnosis? Any additional suggestions to improve the health of these girls?

Thanks again

Thanks to both of you! I was surprised that you both mentioned lighting. I'll most certainly give that a try. I wasn't aware that you could provide too much light, assuming heat is under control.

I've continued to search and the closest photos I've found similar to mine were of a phosphorus deficiency. Any signs that would make you rule out or confirm that diagnosis? Any additional suggestions to improve the health of these girls?

Thanks again

It seems odd that all plants would have the same def......I'm not familiar with the soil you use.....but I still say its light issue.

She's already got lots of nutrients in her soil. Flush her with water, three times the volume of soil , IE 1 gallon pot of soil, flush with 3 gallons of water. Raise the light. She'll recover

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

So it seems I have all kinds of issues going on. I guess that's what I get for accepting clones from a "friend" :)

Upon close inspection Monday night, I found bugs! Captain Jack's with Spinosad was the only stuff available locally, but I've applied twice now and am waiting for the third application.

The lights have been raised another foot, seedlings moved to the floor vs sitting on a bucket. I watered pretty heavily on Monday, so I'll start the process of flushing next.

On another forum it was recommended to do a full dose of CalMag+ the watering following the flush. I guess we'll see how the flush goes first.

Thanks again. I'll try to remember to update this thread on progress.

Back
Top Bottom