Botrytis Nightmare

XspacemanX

You never lived til you have been through a botrytis grow season. My ladies looked like divas until 6 weeks into flowering last year before the nightmare during harvest occurred. I barely made it out alive with crops. Now I know botrytis is not new. I am just new to botrytis. I'm wondering if there is anything I can do during the veggie state this season to make sure I never go through that again. I'm an outdoor grower and I only get one shot a year . Please only respond if you really experience not Google experience.

Yes there is. Use a seed that is bred with stronger tolerances to mold, mildew, and humidity . Clear out more vegetation around the plant for better ventilation and air flow. Cross your fingers.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I lost my outdoor crop last year also. I grew Mendocino Madness, a mold resistant strain that was supposed to finish in September. Light pollution delayed flowering by over a month, rains came and so did the mold.

My solution for this year (if I do grow outside) will be to build a rain shelter of clear plastic over my plants during flower but with sides completely open for ventilation. And lots of spacing. And hang shades to block light from houses so flowering finishes on time.

Or grow autos that will finish flowering by Labor Day.

I dance with that mold stuff all the time. Mostly indoors though as it won the battle outdoors. It's very strain dependant and some strains are crazily mold resistant. Unfortunately (probably -depending where you live) for you growing outdoors they're mostly sativa strains and take a long time to finish. Other than making a roof, all I can think of is to get as much air flowing through the spot as possible, but removing any brush if there is any, and creating a wind-tunnel effect if possible.

Thanks for taking time to respond . I will try all that. Has anybody tried using sulfur during the veggie state to help prevent during the flower

You can ask @PotChimp I know he used to do it as budrot prevention. You don't have enough posts to be allowed to pm yet (need 50) but you can ask him on any of his journals and he'll help you.

Pm stands for private messaging, which would be one common way of asking Potchimp that question. New members need 50 posts before being allowed to pm though. It helps weed out spammers.
So if you want to ask him about sulphur then just post the question on one of his journals instead . You'll see a couple journal links in his profile (the link I gave you)
Or start a thread on it. There are probably others who can help. Potchimp just happens to be the only guy I know of who has mentioned it.

So I have the Bible and according to Jorge Cervantes. Sulfur : mixed with lime more toxic to insects but more phyotoxic to plants.

Back
Top Bottom