Aphids in my curing buds

donnyups

Hello, I need help fast. I have some purple kush that is cut and dry. I started to trim it only to find aphids still inside. How do I get them out of there so I can have nice bug free buds to smoke. plants were cut a week ago and are dry enough to trim before I cure them. considered soaking in warm water or putting in freezer. Help

Some quick research indicates that it takes extreme cold to kill aphids. Like below zero F cold. But then you'd have dead aphids in your buds.

I wonder if you could entice them away from the buds with something they find more palatable?

thanks, maybe set buds out on grass in open container. was just thing of putting in ziplok bag and suffocate them. they may leave buds looking for an escape. maybe the oven for an hour or so at 160 to 180.

Thanks @CaptainLucky
The soaking in water method does not work for mites or aphids, they just stick to the resin and die in the bud
Do not use alcohol, as @013 explained - it will remove them, but by dissolving the resin
A very close trim and several rinses in H2O2 will remove most contamination since most bugs use the leaves and don't get right into the core of the bud, unlike worms/maggots which can

Back
Top Bottom