Leaf curling - Help please

SandyRatchet

Morning all.

Over the last 2 days I've developed major leaf curling which is worrying me a bit. Any help or advise please.

Setup
1.2m x 1.2m x 2m tent
600w HPS 30 inches above top of plants
125w blue CFL hanging on the side for good measure
Fan blowing air around tent
6" rhino filter/fan
2 side vents on tent open
DWC buckets with air stones 17litre
Ph level 5.9
EC 590ppm ( 200ppm before nutes)
Nutes vitalink grow and
Vitalink root stim
Used small amount of vitalink ph down as tap water ph7
Temp in tent day 27c night 21c

No slime on roots. They look healthy.
4 plants growing all look like slight lead curl starting.
Grown from seed feminised sweet tooth auto. Age 24 days.

420-magazine-mobile377485614.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1778394960.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

it could be , plant also do this when too warm , have you measured temp just above plant ?

If I measure directly above with the little probe it's 35+ but radiant heat off the light is there then.
Can't really figure out any way of lowering the temperature directly under a 600w HPS lamp other than changing the lamp to an enclosed unit and venting it

Did you try to raise you light an inch or two? Sometimes plants can just act finicky with heat. Or make sure your fan is moving air in between your light and canopy

anything that occurs in nature cannot be unnatural!
The Birth & Evolution Of A Dragon

Unknown Strain From Seed - First Time Grow

Is there an ideal height to run it at? Or maximum / minimum distance away.

Is the freestanding fan better moving around blowing on the plants at a lower speed or full power stationary blowing thru the middle.

Looks Ike heat stress.

[Disclaimer]
"I don't know everything. My opinion is just that. It's up to you to research the information offered by me or anyone else. It's not wise to act on the first opinion you get. "

My First DWC Grow - Unknown Strain

Their is average distances to keep the lights but different strains handle light and heat differently. I use led grow lights so maybe someone who uses hps can chime in but all I can tell you is adjust your light and your plant will let you know if its to close by how she reacts. Hold your hand at top of your canopy and if its uncomfortable after a few seconds then its to hot for your plants.

As for the fan I use an oscillating fan blowing slightly upwards sweeping across my canopy. I find that when I have my fan sitting still it tends to give my plant wind burn

anything that occurs in nature cannot be unnatural!
The Birth & Evolution Of A Dragon

Unknown Strain From Seed - First Time Grow

Back
Top Bottom