Oh Dog - My plants are impregnated, transsexual or messing with me - Help Africa

Monkeygod333

420 Member
Good evening fellow cannabis enthusiast.

I need some help and advice from the wise minds and green thumbs on this forum. I think I have made a huge error in sexing my plants and now have somewhat of a delemma on my hands. Mods, howzit, I'm looking for advice, please move to the right section if this is not it. Members, mind the grammar, English is not my first language. I'm from Africa, in the southern hemisphere, and we are nearing the end of summer here.

SAM_10502.JPG

I'm growing two Super Citrus plants in one pot, as well as a Train-wreck baggie seed and an auto-flower Northern Lights seed which ordered online. The plants are about two months and two weeks old. I had a fifth plant, Alt-59, a baggie seed from a previous harvest, but had to pull it out after I saw it was a male. It had the two balls at the nodes, about 4 or 5 weeks old. The others all looked like females and I kept a close eye on them for some time.

The Northern Lights auto-flower is topped and started flowering about 5 weeks ago and the other plants a week ago. The plants are in normal potting soil mixed with slow release chicken manure based fertilizer pellets and a cheeky dose of Nitrosol organic plant food (80g/kg N, 20g/kg P, 58g/kg K + micros) that was given to them in light doses every second day through the vegging stage.
Since the plants started flowering I have been committing sacrilege by using flowering orchid fertilizer (60g/kg N, 80g/kg P, 240g/kg K + micros) but I have only given this to them twice in small doses.

Today I ordered a shipment of Nutriplex Bloom (0-5-4) which I intend to use throughout the rest of the flowering period, as well as a bottle of General Hydroponics Ripen that was supposed to be used in the last two weeks before harvesting to bulk up the colas. They arrive in 4 days.

SAM_10511.JPG

SAM_10522.JPG

SAM_10532.JPG

Now that we have the history out of the way. I was inspecting the plants today and saw what I think is seed sacks on all three plants. The sacks are on each plant and on every second or third cola. Look, to be honest, I don't mind if I get a few seeds here and there, but the last thing I want is plants full of seeds.

SAM_10543.JPG

SAM_10552.JPG

SAM_10562.JPG

Currently you have to look quite hard to spot them, I only spotted the first one after a while. My questions are thus:
1-Are these male plants? Or are they females that have been pollinated? The possibility of a nearby male is not unlikely. This is Africa
2- Do I go on as the plan laid out above? Right now my head to seed ratio is about 1000/1, will it increase? Or do I harvest right now?
3- Orrr... do I wait for the GH Ripen, hit it with that, and hope for the best after two weeks and harvest?

Attached is a few photos of the plants. If they look a tad over watered it is because they are. We had 8 inches of rain we had here in the last five days so things are pretty wet and floody. It gets up to 40 degrees Celsius here so I try to water the plants with 4 liters of water between the three pots every morning and this is usually evaporated by the evening. When its not that hot I water them every second day.

SAM_10601.JPG

SAM_10611.JPG

SAM_10622.JPG

SAM_10632.JPG

SAM_10653.JPG

SAM_10663.JPG

SAM_9734.JPG

SAM_9739.JPG

SAM_97431.JPG

I cannot tell you what the ph is as I do not test it. I had a cheap ph and moisture meter but my dogs ate it and I cant find another one. That being said, the plants are always healthy and have never had any discoloration due to nutrient deficiencies and such. The plants get an average of 6-8 hours direct sunlight a day but I try to move them around often. And they all smell absolutely AMAZING! The Norther Lights has some serious Stank!

Any help would be appreciated and thank you in advance. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Re: Oh Dog. My plants are either impregnated, transsexual or messing with me. Help Af

I think you're seeing empty calyxes.

There was no seed developing in the pod you opened. Also your plants are producing lots of white pistils indicating it hasn't been pollinated yet.

Re: Oh Dog. My plants are either impregnated, transsexual or messing with me. Help Af

I only see female calyxes. I think you're good bro.

[Disclaimer]
"I don't know everything. My opinion is just that. It's up to you to research the information offered by me or anyone else. It's not wise to act on the first opinion you get. "

My First DWC Grow - Unknown Strain

Everything is looking great. I can't actually tell from the photo if that is even a seed or just a regular calyx. Was there something inside the calyx? Sometimes you'll find 'swollen calyxes' which are hollow. That's normal.
If you have a few pollinated calyxes then that's nothing to worry about. Happens all the time. Keep
Your eyes open for 'nanners' but don't worry much if you find some. Only a true hermie with lots of male flowers, or a male, will cause you real issues in the pollination dept.

So it turns out my plants have been impregnated or are a bunch of trannies.
I have taken a closer look and the plant is full of seeds for sure.

I just want to know, do I harvest now or do I give it the Ripen and wait two weeks before harvesting?

Will the Ripen help the plant grow more seeds or bud? Currently there's about 50 seeds per cola...

Hi, please check the photos I posted, thank you.

Let it live to its fullest potential. I am in the same boat as you. I've smoked awesome bud that had seeds.

[Disclaimer]
"I don't know everything. My opinion is just that. It's up to you to research the information offered by me or anyone else. It's not wise to act on the first opinion you get. "

My First DWC Grow - Unknown Strain

Just let it run as you would normally. Nothing to worry about. It will be fine. Look around for the source of the pollen, out of curiosity. The main suspect is usually 'nanners', unless there are males in the areas. Google that term if you don't know what I mean by it.

Back
Top Bottom