Help! My seedlings leaves look like taco shells

420-magazine-mobile468049790.jpg

I just finished a small veg Cabinet to sit under my flowering plant and 3rd day in my little girls are looking so sad. I need help

Sent from my SM-G920P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Re: Help!!! My seedlings leaves look like taco shells

Hey I just had this same problem slightly. It happened when my temps in closet got real high! What are your temps? Also could be ph problems. What medium are you growing in? When I seen the problem start I did three things. First cut back nutes to a quarter just in case they were over fed. Second kept temps back in range. Third check run off ph. After I did that and got things in check they came right out of it. I am on my first grow so there are more experience growers that will chime in but try them things and you will be alright. Come over and follow my journal if you have time!! Hoped I helped and again m new but did have the same issue. So giving the lil insight I have with what I done. Keep us updated want to see if you figure it out. I don't see a fan in there? Don't let them blow straight on ur plants.

Pino's Coco & Perlite - Thunderpaws - First Grow Ever 2017

There's a small oscillating fan in the corner. It blows just hard enough to keep everything moving. I have a fan pulling air out also. Temp has been between 52 and 75, maybe that's to much fluctuation? I think my PH reader is broken, it's one of those 3-in-1 moisture, light, and PH. The light and moisture seem to work but the PH seems to always stay around 6.5 - 7. Thanks for your help. I will subscribe to your journal.

Get a good ph pen I have found that is very important and yes plants don't like to go below 52. Are you in soil or coco? Only reason I ask is ph is different for different mediums. Don't let temps dip so low you seem to be spot on for lights on!! Hope u get it figured out!! I would purchase a ph pen that only does ph then you know its spot on. Hope I helped if not keep at it someone will chime in!!

Pino's Coco & Perlite - Thunderpaws - First Grow Ever 2017

Seedling, by themselves, are very self sufficient.
However, it is absolutely mandatory to keep your Humidity and temperature in line!!! Especially in a super-super sensitive state such as seedling.
Temperatures under 15c or 60f are FATAL to the plant. Not only it will drastically slow down growth, it WILL kill your plants if not controlled. This is not Redurails.

Seedling: 70-85°F (20-30°C) and 45 to 60℅ humidity.

Veggie: Veg plants love humidity and thrive in it. And although you can have the humidity lower, I'd say 45-55 will suffice.

Flowering: no less than 18(64f) and no more than 25 (80f)

Humidity under 50 is a must!!! I'd say between 35 and 50 will be good.

Hope it helps. Good luck!

GreenProto's Blue Dream First Grow Journal - 2016

420-magazine-mobile403564875.jpg

The thing is I have 6 seedlings in the same area, fed the same thing, equidistant from the light, and 3 are doing great and 3 have taco leaves.
Also the temp thing, my other, plant which is in flowering, seems to be just fine. I will back the lights off a bit and get a PH pen. Thanks for all the help!!

420-magazine-mobile1243137661.jpg

So the consensus seems to be it might be the low Temps that caused taco leaves, will these bounce back?

420-magazine-mobile403564875.jpg

The thing is I have 6 seedlings in the same area, fed the same thing, equidistant from the light, and 3 are doing great and 3 have taco leaves.
Also the temp thing, my other, plant which is in flowering, seems to be just fine. I will back the lights off a bit and get a PH pen. Thanks for all the help!!

The plant in the flowering stage is extra tolerant to cold. And even more at the dark period. That's why 18c at dark period is ok.
But 52f (11c!!!!) is not good and I just can't see them survive at such temperature. However, experience show that cannabis girls are adaptive beasts, and can survive in harsh conditions. Yield will be 100℅ affected.

How long have they experienced these temps? When did the "tacos" appear?

420-magazine-mobile1243137661.jpg

So the consensus seems to be it might be the low Temps that caused taco leaves, will these bounce back?

Yes. Cannabis plants show through their leaves if they are not happy because of whatever.
Most of the physical conditions on the leafs (but not all. I.E - nutrient burn) can bounce back. Physical curling without actual tissue damage, like in nutrient burn, can be back to normal ones optimal or sufficient enough conditions are met.
Your girls are green and beautiful. It's just the environment. I think...

I'll have to note:
I'm not an expert. In fact, I'm only completing my first grow.
What I am, however, is a passionate cannabis lover who reads shit tons about Hurticulture and science of cannabis.
Have a blast of a weekend, man.

Scrum, one last and super important thing:

Avoid "Negative Temperature"!

Negative temperature happens when a plant experiencing - let's say, a relatively hot temperature during "lights on" and keep experiencing same temp during "light off". Which makes no sense to the plant, since night temps need to be colder.
Such condition will confuse and stress the plant, and can greatly contribute to Hermies, for example.

Last night was cold into the 30s. I have my tent in the garage but I still gets cold. I had a small space heater in the tent until the day before yesterday. I switched the big girl to 12/12 and made the veg Cabinet and in doing all of this I forgot to plug the heater back in. Thanks again for all the help. I am an experienced bonsai grower so I am familiar with the principles of growth but this is my first cannabis grow. I really appreciate everyone sharing their knowledge and experience.

Also these are sunset sherbet, grown from regular seeds, so I will hope that the 3 damaged ones are male.

Another thing.
Found these pics that perfectly demonstrate what happens in too low temps.
420-magazine-mobile2011682261.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1494442623.jpg

It's never going to be exactly the same for every plant, but as you can see it is very similar to your condition.
Pic 2 is a taco shell ready to be served.

Wish your girls well.

Back
Top Bottom