Looking for advice on yellow tips

OhioGrown1795

One of my plants has yellow tips.

Growing in soil (Fox Farm)
I ph my what between 6.5 7-0
Little concerned with soil ph
Fox Farm nutrients. Grow big, big bloom, and tiger bloom.
I tried to flush.

Questions.
I have a 5 gallon pot. How much water should I flush through it?
I bought a product called kleanse to flush with. Should I use that?
Can I use hydrate lime to adjust the soil ph? or should I just dolomite lime.

20170313_180915_001.jpg
20170313_180909_001.jpg

In all my searches for issues with my plants or just browsing other peoples issues they have posted about their plants - the yellow tips don't ring a bell - I don't recall seeing yellowing tips starting near the top before but take that for what it's worth as I am only on my first (cannabis) grow so by no means I am claiming to be even close to being on the right track but how close and what type of lights?

The only thing I kinda see would be a possible iron or sulfur deficiency (more likely iron IMHO) but that is only in the new growth, the tips of the more established leaves yellowing still puzzles me...

Check this thread out for a brief visual diagnosis: Some plant deficiencies

And google "nutrient pH uptake chart" and you should find some tables to assist possibly singling out pH as your issue causing a possible lockout - I only suggest that as I have no idea what you're growing in..I assume whether soil or hydro that you're using bottled nutrients which, unlike living organics, pH of feedings is more important..

Hope it helps a bit and hopefully someone with an actual clue shows up soon (they may be able to assist me with my issues too)

Good luck!

Yellowing tips is indication of nute burn. The yellowing of new growth leaves, is typical iron def. Check water run off, and make sure it's 6.4-6.8 if in soil. Ph is a big thing, once you get that set, you'll work out all the other problems your having. Hope this helps,happy grow!

Good people inspire you to do great things. :Namaste:

This looks exactly like whats starting to happen to the top tips of my 4 week old. Pretty much same exact setup, 5lb pot, same fox farm nutes, pH has been testing fine.

I tried flushing but after more research I dont think I gave them nearly enough water for a flush. I typically feed them 1/2 gal each, every 3 days. I know this might not seem like enough, but they say you want to water until there's 20-30% runoff, and 1/2 gallon does that for me. I alternate feeding them with nutes, and feeding them with plain water. For my "flush" i gave them each 1 gallon (so double usual amount). Some say you should flush 1 gallon of water per gallon of soil but pouring 5 gallons of water through my plants who are used to 1/2 gallon sounds like too much so im hesitant. 1 gallon flush produced about 40% runoff. This was yesterday, and yellowing tips have not improved, but also not progressed. I'm thinking about doing a "second flush" in 2 days, but with much more water this time. Any advice?

Btw i've been using zepherhills which tests at 7 pH, so i use 1/4 tsp of pH down to make it 6.2.

This is my first post and my first grow, but i'm blown away at how good this grow is going until this issue. I will provide pics once i figure out how.

Back
Top Bottom