Eagle claw effect please help

kelbybricker

Hey everyone, the leaves of my plant are starting to have the eagle claw effect really bad... if someone can please tell me what that means that would be great
420-magazine-mobile1477975835.jpg
420-magazine-mobile778808995.jpg
420-magazine-mobile460718437.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Looks like there getting lots of nitrogen from your soil. They don't seem to be clawing that bad so I wouldn't even call it a issue. It looks very minor. Those ladies have lots of growing to do and they will start using up the nutrients in your soil soon. Those leaves your seeing now won't even matter in a few weeks.

Did the yellowing on the lower leaves start happening at the same time? If so your soil may be a little on the hot side. How long have they been in that soil? If it's been a week or longer I would say your ok. If it was a couple days ago I would recommend a flush to wash out some nutrients...

Looks like there getting lots of nitrogen from your soil. They don't seem to be clawing that bad so I wouldn't even call it a issue. It looks very minor. Those ladies have lots of growing to do and they will start using up the nutrients in your soil soon. Those leaves your seeing now won't even matter in a few weeks.

Did the yellowing on the lower leaves start happening at the same time? If so your soil may be a little on the hot side. How long have they been in that soil? If it's been a week or longer I would say your ok. If it was a couple days ago I would recommend a flush to wash out some nutrients...

I fed her some homemade nitrogen fertilizer 2 waters ago which is about 6 days ago
It's 3 part water and 1 part milk
Not sure what you mean by the yellowing of the leaves, but they have a little bit of light bleaching
The light kinda makes the plant look more yellow here's a pic with pure white light
420-magazine-mobile663082241.jpg

I transplanted the big one two weeks ago so I should be good you're saying?

See that fan blowing straight on leaves. Well that can cause clawing. Gentle breeze is great but usually on an osilating one. May bee dont blow direct on plants. Make it bounce off a wall. I think maybee its the continuous wind...

grow n steady wins the race

See that fan blowing straight on leaves. Well that can cause clawing. Gentle breeze is great but usually on an osilating one. May bee dont blow direct on plants. Make it bounce off a wall. I think maybee its the continuous wind...

Ughhh I was worrying that was the issue
The smaller fan you see there IS an oscillating fan lol but the gears are stuck and I can't figure out why
I will try and pick up a new oscillating fan from Walmart as soon as I can

Oh and my bad I should take a pic of the smaller one
The box fan is on exhaust mode so it's acting as my exhaust
420-magazine-mobile867173436.jpg

I truly think your plants are fine. They actually look really good and healthy.
The fans would have caused a lot more damage than whats visible if that was the issue. If your soil was to hot they would be burned up to a crisp after 2 weeks. They have a nice green color and healthy looking growth. I don't know anything about using milk in a grow but if you did have a issue, the milk would be my Number one suspect. What brand soil are you using? If it's Fox Farms ocean forest you should not be feeding yet..

Ok. Id back that little on off pand into a corner. Still push the air around plants just not so direct if u got what im trying to say. Great idea having big one as extractor. Id also try n get that up higher as you want stail air coming out top n fresh coming in down low.
Plant looks good but mate. Keep up the good work.

I truly think your plants are fine. They actually look really good and healthy.
The fans would have caused a lot more damage than whats visible if that was the issue. If your soil was to hot they would be burned up to a crisp after 2 weeks. They have a nice green color and healthy looking growth. I don't know anything about using milk in a grow but if you did have a issue, the milk would be my Number one suspect. What brand soil are you using? If it's Fox Farms ocean forest you should not be feeding yet..

I used the milk fertilizer before and it worked like a charm on my first grow lol
The soil I'm using is espoma organic gardening soil. No additives

I think your good to go bud. I've seen a lot worse clawing in my own grows with no negative impact. My only recommendation would be to hold off on fertilizing. She looks like she getting plenty of nutes from her soil.

Alright. I was planning on giving her another feeding on her next water as I've been feeding ever since the coteylon leaves died every three waters
Should I wait till I start to see a little bit of yellowing on the leaves? And also if I do that will it fix the yellowing when I fertilize again? Thanks for the quick reply

I wouldn't feed her this watering.. let her grow and fertilize her next time you watrt and watch how she reacts...

Alright.
This is only my second grow btw my first failed do to heat stress
The milk made it grow rapidly but I just didn't have a good enough ventilation system for a female. It turned into a male and I pulled it up

Alright.
This is only my second grow btw my first failed do to heat stress
The milk made it grow rapidly but I just didn't have a good enough ventilation system for a female. It turned into a male and I pulled it up

Sorry to hear that, high heat can cause lots of stress to these plants. I think your on The right path this grow and your ladies look happy. I hope you get some stinky buds this round..

I think what you're seeing is the effect of too much gravity. Try placing it on a table to reduce gravity? :)

To much gravity? Wut lmao do you understand the laws of physics? Not trying to be a dick I'm just saying
Unless you are on the brink of breaking the earths gravity the gravity is 9.8/ms acceleration. So putting it on a table won't do anything lol I think this is a troll

Hahahaha, I crack myself up. Just being funny.
BTW, it's 9.8 meters/second/second. (can't use ALT codes in this forum, dammit!) Come say hi on the PhysicsForums and you can troll me back.
:allgood:

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

Hahahaha, I crack myself up. Just being funny.
BTW, it's 9.8 meters/second/second. (can't use ALT codes in this forum, dammit!) Come say hi on the PhysicsForums and you can troll me back.
:allgood:

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

Lmao I gotch ya I was like what? Good one bro.

Back
Top Bottom