Help - Nitrogen deficiency?

Growgurl

Hi all.

I'm having trouble identifying what's going on with some of my outdoor plants. The leaves are going light green and then slowly turning yellow. It's not just a few here and there but a Lot! I don't think it's because they are nearly ready to harvest as they have a ways to go yet. I'm thinking Nitrogen deficiency but low Nitrogen is a good thing and normal whilst this late in flower so I'm really not sure. I'm feeding the full line of house and garden nutes with Monsta Bud and Bio Diesel as well. Apart from the leaves yellowing they seem really healthy otherwise. Anyone have any suggestions? I'd be very grateful for some help and advice .

b3fc526e36b3036426bac777e9a18001.jpg
69c90ebfde7189f42be0bc0018224c4f.jpg
e837e2c504442ef05526224b975f7324.jpg
ab178b01644beb5794744eaa1833a544.jpg

Re: Help. Nitrogen deficiency?

To be honest i wouldnt do anything at this stage of flowering, how are your trichs looking? Any turning cloudy yet?

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine

Hey Pennywise. Nah the pistils are still really white and not much frosting going on as yet. The one in the pics is a super skunk and is a bit behind the rest in terms of maturing. But they are all doing this thing with the leaves but not as bad as the skunk. It's doing my head in! Lol. I'm just trying to figure out what's causing it. Maybe I need to raise the E.C. a bit next feed.....?

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Will try that. What are you thinking? A deficiency of some sort?

Yeah i agree with penny. Since its so far into your flowering you dont want to stress that tall amazonian lol. A little more EC should reverse that

"When the going gets weird, the weird go pro"
Hunter S. Thompson
New Grow With 300w LED

Thanks Methods. All that yellow is ruining her good looks . lol

Lol she still looks good. If you look on youtube a lot of bud thats harvested the leaves are usually yellow and dying. I see it as your doing the right thing and keep it up. She looks like a beast and im totally jealous lol

Hunter S. Thompson
New Grow With 300w LED

The thing is that a lot of times we switch to bloom nutes too early in the stretch phase. During stretch the plant gobbles up a lot of nitrogen and if your nutes cant supply what the plants need it will start to cannabilize the older fan leaves then start working its way up. Once the plant reaches the stage yours are at the need for nitrogen drops of dramatically. Too much nitrogen this late in flower could hurt yield and quality. Potassium is whats important during the second half of flowering. If the flowers and sugar leaves look good i wouldnt make any big changes. Maybe up your bloom nutes just a bit.

Lol she still looks good. If you look on youtube a lot of bud thats harvested the leaves are usually yellow and dying. I see it as your doing the right thing and keep it up. She looks like a beast and im totally jealous lol

Hunter S. Thompson
New Grow With 300w LED

She is a beauty. My AK is even more stunning. Has a couple of 50cm colas and wide and dense. Sticky AF too. That one hasn't got one yellow leaf on it and it's probably the closest to being ready out of all 7 of them! So I'm at a loss! Lol. Anyhow I realise the leaves start to turn yellow towards the end but I'm feeling that it's a bit soon yet... I could be wrong. It's autumn here in Australia now so maybe they are just reflecting the slight weather change? Shorter days and cooler nights?

The thing is that a lot of times we switch to bloom nutes too early in the stretch phase. During stretch the plant gobbles up a lot of nitrogen and if your nutes cant supply what the plants need it will start to cannabilize the older fan leaves then start working its way up. Once the plant reaches the stage yours are at the need for nitrogen drops of dramatically. Too much nitrogen this late in flower could hurt yield and quality. Potassium is whats important during the second half of flowering. If the flowers and sugar leaves look good i wouldnt make any big changes. Maybe up your bloom nutes just a bit.

Good advice Mr. Wise. Will definitely try that .

i think you might be a bit root bound and its leading to the over watering thats how it looks to me any way . shes a lovely plant though :)

Yes! You know I was just thinking that the pot was looking a bit small (it's 32 litres) and the coco very compressed when I watered her today. It's been very hot here still and I'm giving her 10 litres every second day. Do you think it's to late to pop her in a bigger pot Nutty? My others are all in 50L and 95L pots and same thing is happening although no where near as bad. I just never got around to moving her into a bigger pot.

Back
Top Bottom