Name a bug

Advocate420

What's this little guy?

60x things are tiny
Not on plant or leaves only on soil
Nothing flying
Do not go on sticky aphid traps
No jumping.

I'm assuming some sort of soil mite. Thing looks like a tick.
Are they beneficial? Bagged soil, hepa filtered intake, no interaction with other plants or gardens.
Best treatment?
So far I'm using a potent mix of neem oil and peppermint soap. A few of these pics are of the little guy in a drop of solution. Either it works or it just drowned.
Hope to share these photos and some info with the world with the use of magnifying glass for phone.
IMG_006777.JPG
IMG_006585.JPG
IMG_006090.JPG
IMG_005687.JPG
IMG_005393.JPG

I only see 6 legs and 2 antennae. If so it's not a mite. My guess would be root aphid. That's just a wild guess.

I think the antenna are additional legs. Check out these pics. Simmilar ?

. Looks a lot like my pics doesn't it ? This little guy would make a whole lot of sense.

I've emailed fox farms to see if they intentionally added them as they are a newer control for the nasties we don't want.

after hours of browsing mites and aphids and springtails, spider mites. I'm sure it's not one of those.

Hope you think this looks like my guy.

My plan is to continue use treating my top soil with neem and peppermint soap mix. I figure I have to continue to apply it through a whole life cycle of these little guys. Will apply some more diluted solution as foliage spray as I meant to be doing anyways.

IF it's the right one
People pay to have these things added to their garden, so killing them might not be a great idea. I understand I've been working towards a living grow medium to feed the roots. Maybe these guys are saying good job. My theory is they are eating all the things I dont want
IMG_007175.JPG
IMG_0345.PNG
that exist in fox farms soils. Idk. All new to me.
Attached Thumbnails

Thank-you for weighing in King it truly means s lot to me. I've seriously been nit picking bug parts for hours. I'm possibly going to have mite mares lmfao

I just wanna say after a few puffs I'm still cracking myself up over that one.

Sent from my iPad using 420

Back
Top Bottom