And I thought it would never happen to me! Bugs! Help please!

dropcroptop

So to make a long story short,i have little white bugs. They look like this,(sorry the picture is so crappy but just to get this took a whole lot of effort)
420-magazine-mobile1119218204.jpg

It's the tiny white spec towards the top of the cup. I first saw the little assholes after I super cropped my babies. I did it too much and kinda damaged the plant at the stem where I made the bend(yes I know that's the whole point but I legit split the stem vertically in some places making the stem able to see through)..so IM ASSUMING they came out of thin air due to the newly damaged plant area. Or they came from the soil but I bought organic from a hydroponic store. Well the bugs multiplied fast as shit,I panicked and soaked them with an insecticide also bought at the hydroponic store. I let it sit for a day(horrible mistake) and lone and behold all the bugs were dead!! ....Or so I thought ;(. So my seedlings I just planted started to get some of the bugs in the soil! I don't see any on the big plants yet but I know it's only a matter of time. They look like aphids maybe. Just baby stages. Please help! How do I get rid of them in a way that keeps them away,and more importantly doesn't make my plants look like this!!!!!!
420-magazine-mobile2072996765.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1497384135.jpg

Dropcroptops High YIELD!Indoor,Soil 600HPS BIG Bud/Chocolope/Amnesia Haze

I had a problem with aphids in my house plants and I put a layer of sand on top and it killed them. My house plants are fine. May want to look up if it's okay for marijuana plants as I've never tried it on them

Sent with my Light and Love Happy Growing

So to make a long story short,i have little white bugs. They look like this,(sorry the picture is so crappy but just to get this took a whole lot of effort)
420-magazine-mobile1119218204.jpg

It's the tiny white spec towards the top of the cup. I first saw the little assholes after I super cropped my babies. I did it too much and kinda damaged the plant at the stem where I made the bend(yes I know that's the whole point but I legit split the stem vertically in some places making the stem able to see through)..so IM ASSUMING they came out of thin air due to the newly damaged plant area. Or they came from the soil but I bought organic from a hydroponic store. Well the bugs multiplied fast as shit,I panicked and soaked them with an insecticide also bought at the hydroponic store. I let it sit for a day(horrible mistake) and lone and behold all the bugs were dead!! ....Or so I thought ;(. So my seedlings I just planted started to get some of the bugs in the soil! I don't see any on the big plants yet but I know it's only a matter of time. They look like aphids maybe. Just baby stages. Please help! How do I get rid of them in a way that keeps them away,and more importantly doesn't make my plants look like this!!!!!!
420-magazine-mobile2072996765.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1497384135.jpg

Sand at the top of the bucket it will keep the sons of b.... Away. Next spray liberally with neem oil.

Sent from my HTC One using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I very rarely use any insecticides but I've had greay success with sns soil drenchs and captain Jacks dead bug.. The captain Jacks works great and i had zero negative effects. No burnt leaves and no residue... I can definitely recommend these two with 100% confidence that they work and that they are safe for cannabis...

Thanks a lot sav and demonic, I was legit not expecting such a quick response! I put a layer of rocks on the baby's. I had that on hand from my other plants. I just borrowed a little from everyone haha. Do you think I should still do sand over the rocks they sell at the hydroponic store? I am going to pick up some neem oil from their tomorrow after work for sure. Here is a pick.
420-magazine-mobile892244929.jpg

Thanks a lot sav and demonic, I was legit not expecting such a quick response! I put a layer of rocks on the baby's. I had that on hand from my other plants. I just borrowed a little from everyone haha. Do you think I should still do sand over the rocks they sell at the hydroponic store? I am going to pick up some neem oil from their tomorrow after work for sure.

I would still layer it with it some sand . Definitely won't hurt and will get rid of those pesky aholes

Sent with my Light and Love Happy Growing

Thanks a lot sav and demonic, I was legit not expecting such a quick response! I put a layer of rocks on the baby's. I had that on hand from my other plants. I just borrowed a little from everyone haha. Do you think I should still do sand over the rocks they sell at the hydroponic store? I am going to pick up some neem oil from their tomorrow after work for sure.

Firstly your very welcome, I would still use sand as a preventive measure, just to insure they will be fully eradicated once you use the neem oil. I would hate to see it happen over and over again to you or anyone else. It's happened to me in the past and I have my methods of madness now, as I had learned tips and tricks here and there

Sent from my HTC One using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I very rarely use any insecticides but I've had greay success with sns soil drenchs and captain Jacks dead bug.. The captain Jacks works great and i had zero negative effects. No burnt leaves and no residue... I can definitely recommend these two with 100% confidence that they work and that they are safe for cannabis...

I haven't done any research on either of the two. The sns soil drench I add to the water every time I water,and how about the captain jacks?

Keep mind aphids lay eggs. They hatch about every 3-4 days if I remember correctly. When you used insectacide you probably killed the bugs but then soon after the eggs hatch and you start all over again. Do some reading but you need to repeat the neem oil or whatever you are using ~about 3-4 days after the initial spray to break that cycle.
Good luck:thumb:

I haven't done any research on either of the two. The sns soil drench I add to the water every time I water,and how about the captain jacks?

There's actually a couple different Sierra Natural Science soil drenches. I've only used the sns 203 and the sns 209. The 203 is a straight drench mixed only with water that you use once..I actually prefer the 209. You use it every time you feed or water for 2 to 3 weeks and the plant actually up takes some rosmaric acid that repels bugs from liking your plants. They either starve or leave. I liked the longer term protection offered by the sns 209. They are a sponsor here so be sure to check them out... great stuff

The captain Jacks dead bug was recommended to me from a friend after I burned some plants with neem oil. It's spinoside based and works like a freakin charm. I've soaked my plants with it at lights out and have never seen one burn mark. I e even sprayed flowering plants and it had no negative effect. The captain Jacks is actually really popular and is sold everywhere. My hydro store carries it but it's also available places like home depot, lowes, target or any store with a gardening section... and it's organic..

Keep mind aphids lay eggs. They hatch about every 3-4 days if I remember correctly. When you used insectacide you probably killed the bugs but then soon after the eggs hatch and you start all over again. Do some reading but you need to repeat the neem oil or whatever you are using ~about 3-4 days after the initial spray to break that cycle.
Good luck:thumb:

Great advice.. :thumb:

There's actually a couple different Sierra Natural Science soil drenches. I've only used the sns 203 and the sns 209. The 203 is a straight drench mixed only with water that you use once..I actually prefer the 209. You use it every time you feed or water for 2 to 3 weeks and the plant actually up takes some rosmaric acid that repels bugs from liking your plants. They either starve or leave. I liked the longer term protection offered by the sns 209. They are a sponsor here so be sure to check them out... great stuff

The captain Jacks dead bug was recommended to me from a friend after I burned some plants with neem oil. It's spinoside based and works like a freakin charm. I've soaked my plants with it at lights out and have never seen one burn mark. I e even sprayed flowering plants and it had no negative effect. The captain Jacks is actually really popular and is sold everywhere. My hydro store carries it but it's also available places like home depot, lowes, target or any store with a gardening section... and it's organic..

Wow that hit the nail right on the head. Your response is the exact reason I downloaded the app. Can't thank y'all enough for all the knowledge. I might be able to sleep tonight knowing the world is not ending haha. Good vibes

We also keep a 10lb bag of diatomaceous earth and sprinkle it on top of the soil from time to time. It is a very good way to help rid the bugs from your grow. It kills a lot of soft bodied bugs where it acts like broken glass when they crawl over it and they die ..This product is organic and can be bought anywhere and is cheap .. The problem with Neem oil is we do not to use it in late flower as when the buds are real sticky Good luck ..

Just made the purchase! Kinda nervous about putting on more chemicals so soon.

420-magazine-mobile2080051721.jpg

I don't see any chemicals in that pic..:thumb:.. both are Organic.:)
Just use as directed and you will have zero issues. Your going to love both of them once you start using them and realize how safe they are for cannabis... Good stuff and I would love a update after you have used both to hear your opinion on these products.. :goodjob:

The lights are about to go out so I finally applied the captain jack. I watered them with the 209 earlier today after I got off work. I will re-apply the day after tomorrow. I'm going to wait atleast 2 days before my next application of captain Jacks. For all the eggs hatching and what not. Thanks to all the help I wouldn't have a game plan without y'all!
420-magazine-mobile1720149580.jpg

I moved the plants away from the light while the captain jack is on it. Not sure if I should leave them like that until I'm off work tomorrow or after the captain jacks evaporated?

Ok so this is the 4th day since I first applied the sns and captain jack. The first day after I still saw the little bugs alive. So I assumed I didn't apply enough(I sprayed VERY frugally due to the first experience I had with an insecticide spray. So yesterday before the lights turned off again I mixed the sns and watered the plants(2nd time this week),and same with the captain jack. Except last night I sprayed the plants VERY well. Sprayed there soil,and sprayed around the containers. This morning stilllllll they were crawling around the soil. Not the actual plants as much. Maybe they are starving? Maybe I need more captain jack instead of 7.5ml per 16ounces of water? What do the pros think?

Back
Top Bottom