Help! After transplant - Crispy leaves - Curly up & down - Browning & yellowing

Need2Succeed

Help! Experiencing newb panic.
420-magazine-mobile1548082136.jpg
420-magazine-mobile411091960.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1596182346.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

re: Help! After transplant - Crispy leaves - Curly up & down - Browning & yellowing

1 of my 4 plants; pics of others shortly. PLEASE HELP!

Possible is that I over pruned/topped the week before transplanting. Just abruptly attacking a thriving plant. Newb mistake. Also, Temps may have been too warm around plant. I have couple fans going and was worried about Temps dropping below 70. When in fact Temps have possibly reached 85. My temp guage was not reading accurate since it's not located by the leaves; but below by the bottom of pots reading a steady 75-78. In fact Temps a few inches above the temp gauge where plants are was most likely about 80, maybe 85. Probably too warm after pruning somewhat heavily.

re: Help! After transplant - Crispy leaves - Curly up & down - Browning & yellowing

I don't want to panic here; so positive evaluation of issues are much appreciated. Cause, I can only think worst case scenario as of right now. .

I've researched Heat Stress; and to me it seems as if the following fit the description of my plants most severe issues that seem be displayed.

Please weigh in with opinions.

I seem be seeing and agreeing with the following diagnosis:

Heat Stress;

Leaf Color:
Edges Appear Brown or Burnt
Leaf Symptoms:
Upper Leaves / Newer Growth Affected
Leaf Edges Appear Burnt
Leaves Curl Upwards
Wilting / Drooping
Plant Symptoms:
Leaves Curl Upwards
Plant Wilting / Drooping

Should I be spraying leaves with water?? Or avoid that? I'm scared that leaves will worsen and plant will die. I don't want panic, which is why I'm here. Someone please help.

I can provide additional information if your willing to walk me through. Should I flush? I'm scared of overwatering and causing worse problems. I just transplanted and these symptoms of curled leaves are persisting. I misted with water and seemed help, only shortly though. Humidity is low at 26% Temps are steady at 75 degrees Fahrenheit.

Soil is organic Nectar for the God's. Notes are sample pack from Nectar of the God's as well. Pots I transplanted up to are 3 gallon from a 5 inch that was on the verge of being rootbound. I did not expect these symptoms upon transplanting. Puzzled on what to do, so I'm choosing to sit back and allow soil to dry completely before next watering. Any input here is appreciated!

Not sure if you have had any luck yet or not. I would have told you definite heat stress after transplant. You could have turned your light down, take your plant out from under the light for a few hours and then spritzed some water on it. But if it's already looking better, than it was just in shock and has now improved. Let us know...sorry for the late response.

Root rot. Bad case of root rot. Recovery slowly. Not giving up quite yet! I'm witnessing strength of these plants and my they are quite spectacular.

Learning to wait till almost dry and not worry about underwatering as much as I worry about overwatering. Root rot is a mess!! Dropped Temps and am correcting watering techniques. New growth = Green. However these plants seemed be hacked. Because well I had to. Leaves were dead all around. This is my grow. What I knew, now I know!

Lights are a good 6" away. Could be set closer I'm sure, not much but definately closer. Working with led and cfl clamp light bulbs. This entire grow is very interesting to me. Learning about these plants hands on. And there is much you can learn especially with being a newbie. I had success my first and only grow before this. And that went along without any hiccups. This one however has required much more counteractivity to negative signs and partial plant death due to root rot. And one plant died entirely. I give it about a week or 2 to then decide to put it out of misery. I'll hit it with nutes and see if any sign of growth exhibits. Some soldiers are simply not fit for the journey ahead of them.

Your LED is 6 INCHES away? I have an hid, but I've read LEDs still give off quite a bit of heat. Just trying to help. I don't think you should give up... I've read many journals where they bounce back stronger than ever... good luck!

Just about. No reflector or heat shield. So area is fairly open. It's tented wit mylar. Thanks for the assurance that plants recover from illness stronger than ever. That's what I think as well can will and has happenned. Keeps me a motivated worker. I'll keep at it and snap pictures along the way. I just could not deal with onslaught of advice when stuff went bad. I seemed to have encouraged new growth and am doing best to avoid root rot from reoccurring. By better watering technique and routine.

Good! Never give up... try raising your LED like up to 18"-24" until they recover... my guess it can do no more harm. Looks to me you put too much into these guys to give up now! You got this!

Oh yes. Time has been invested. And they are dear to me. My first indoor attempt at my first room being rented by just me. I have a decent bunch of bagseeds. But each seed, I expect nothing but the best from. So I take care and give them opportunity to flourish. Only the strong are meant to survive although.

lol. A old, new, old, can allow beginning of back then or the start of right now...

Snap some pics when I get home tonight. Had to throw towel in on previous and start again from seed.

Back
Top Bottom