I've got some questions that need answering!

Hey guys got some thoughts that I'm trying to process.

I planted a couple seeds almost 6weeks ago and growth has been slow, with twisted leaves and some very dark green leaves at times.

I know I have made mistakes, but I need to know how to learn from them.

I started getting all analytical on my stunted plant growth and here's what I am wondering:

1. I was very impatient and transplanted my plants from their solo cups into larger containers before being ready. Obviously the roots were no where near capacity in that solo cup.
2. With small plants in large containers, I have come to understand that a special watering technique is needed in order to prevent the soil from just staying saturated. I didn't do this. I just watered the whole container like a mad man.
3. I developed bugs because my soil was always wet.
4. I thought I could fix my problems by moving to coco. Although I am happier in coco than soil, I have not seen any real explosive hydroponic like growth that I have been led to believe would happen. Probably because my plants have tiny roots lol.

I know I appear to have growers ADD or something and I know I made a mess. Can anyone get me sorted?
I am growing for my first time, never grown a plant in my life. I got a journal going and if you'd like to try and help me out there or here I'd be very appreciative.

Archiweedies First Grow - Soil - LED - Super Lemon Haze - 2017

420-magazine-mobile1692024528.jpg

Here's a pic if it helps. TIA

This may not be the perfect way, but I see good success with these practices and have had good results as a beginner indoor grower

When I start from seed or clone i use a clear plastic solo cup so I can monitor root growth as well as top growth. I use a mixture of 50/50 potting soil and perlite for this process. Once the plant shows roots starting to reach around the bottom of the small cup, I transplant them to the final flowering soil and container. These plants are only watered in from the top once or twice during transplant to settle out any air pockets in the soil. After that I only water the plants from the bottom and let the soil suck up the water from a tray under each container. I use a high quality soil and only need to amend the soil once per week with a diluted liquid fertilizer that is formulated for "production growing". I have a wet moist basement I use to flower, so I also use yellow solo cups painted with a product called "tanglefoot" to monitor, trap, and identify adult pests.

Yo man one thing u need to do is start simple.forget about all that new age bull just germinate some good seeds get u some good healthy soil just perfect for seeds .look up fox farm seed starting soil or any good organic soil just read a make sure its not loaded with nutrient if so break it down with other soil let it grow ph should be anywhere at5.8to 6.8 get a chart showing leaves and diagnoses by leaf health just go to the chart narrow it down and start learning.read up and trial and error that shit get a resilient strain keep that ph right and you will make your girls love u back

Yo man one thing u need to do is start simple.forget about all that new age bull just germinate some good seeds get u some good healthy soil just perfect for seeds .look up fox farm seed starting soil or any good organic soil just read a make sure its not loaded with nutrient if so break it down with other soil let it grow ph should be anywhere at5.8to 6.8 get a chart showing leaves and diagnoses by leaf health just go to the chart narrow it down and start learning.read up and trial and error that shit get a resilient strain keep that ph right and you will make your girls love u back
Also ill add any growers bible is very helpful get an older one from like 2000 and a new version just flip back and forth. and compare try out everything.well thats going to be an improvement. Different shit works for different people's

Also ill add any growers bible is very helpful get an older one from like 2000 and a new version just flip back and forth. and compare try out everything.well thats going to be an improvement. Different shit works for different people's
Tj, smoke another one on me... This thread is over 4 years old... :hookah:

Oh and spoiler alert: OP figured it out, He won "Nug of the month" April 2019,

Welcome to 420 Magazine

Back
Top Bottom