Iceman420 - Leaf curling up issue! Any other thoughts on what it might be?

Iceman420

Hey everybody, Hope everybodys having an outstanding day, I have a question about my leaf's curling up pretty hard in a few spots, i've got a few good answers so far but I dont think I have found the root of the problem. Any other thoughts out there? I'll post on good pic of it. O yeah, and I'll be posting new pictures tommorow! I'll definately get some good ones of the Skunk#1 for my subber JaffyJoe who was interested in the pure skunk strain. These girls are growing so fast, its fantastic. If you'd like to see more pics of this and the other strains my journal is on my signature. Happy Medicating!

Whats your PH at and the run off PH.. also what is your PPM at when ya add the nutes and water?

Looks like maybe a PH issue or watering to much.

Check readings.

A Licenced Medicinal Cannabis User

Whats your PH at and the run off PH.. also what is your PPM at when ya add the nutes and water?

Check readings.

~I'll check the run off PH and get back to you, i meant to do that yesterday.

I've had that problem but never figured it out. The plant turned out ok though.

~Thats good to hear GardenSeed, Thanks! It certainly looks like she'll be fine to me.

What lights are you using and how close are they?
Looks like it could be heat/light stress.

I'm using an AgroMax 540(ill add the link on the bottom), it's a great light i have it 24"(2ft) away right now, pretty far away i thought. But heres the thing, I also have a little hydro DWC Bucket grow right beside these 4 and I have a 1000W Led on that one thats about 22" away but some of that light is spilling over on to the soil plants. What distance is reccomended?
Here is the light that i have on the soil, I've enjoyed it.
7-Band 2.1 540 Watt LED Grow Light - HTG Supply

Hey Iceman,

it's hard to know what is the correct distance. I tried to find a user manual online and couldn't find one. Each LED panel has it's own unique requirements and the manufacturer will usually give specs. As each LED has its own requirements, so do individual strains and each may react differently to different heights.

I have a p450 LED and the manufacturers recommend 36" - 40" for clones and seedlings, dropping down to 24" for early vegetative growth and 18" for flowering, however I experienced some light burn at 18" with my last grow during late flowering. I would recommend lifting it up a couple of inches and see how you go.

I also got a bit of heat/light stress on a couple of top leaves recently as the plants stretched and I didn't raise the lights quick enough.

I'm having the same problem... Seems to be only on the older leaves though. May just be due to some stress the plants went through in the past while developing those sets of leaves. Hows the newer growth looking?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I'm having the same problem... Seems to be only on the older leaves though. May just be due to some stress the plants went through in the past while developing those sets of leaves. Hows the newer growth looking?

Sounds like we have the same situation, its only happening on my older big leaves as well. The New Growth is looking fantastic, no curl at all just regular healthy foliage. I was thinking today that it might be over watering but alot of people seem to think that its heat/light stress so i moved my lights up a little bit as well as waiting for the soil to dry up a good bit because i have been feeding her lots of nutes and water.

I agree...Looks like heat stress

Sent from my Pixel XL using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks for the input man, i moved my lights about 3 or 4 inch's up today just to make sure its at a good distance.

Check readings.

Hey there, I checked the pH of the run of water today and it read 6.3 for all of them, so thats pretty close to where you want it, isnt it?
I'm also making sure its not overwatering or light stress. It does get kinda hot in the room without much humidity sometimes but not often enough for it to make this problem i dont believe. Thanks for the input!

Hey Iceman,

it's hard to know what is the correct distance. I tried to find a user manual online and couldn't find one. Each LED panel has it's own unique requirements and the manufacturer will usually give specs. As each LED has its own requirements, so do individual strains and each may react differently to different heights.

I have a p450 LED and the manufacturers recommend 36" - 40" for clones and seedlings, dropping down to 24" for early vegetative growth and 18" for flowering, however I experienced some light burn at 18" with my last grow during late flowering. I would recommend lifting it up a couple of inches and see how you go.

I also got a bit of heat/light stress on a couple of top leaves recently as the plants stretched and I didn't raise the lights quick enough.

Thanks for the great info and your certainly right about every strain being unique and reacting differently to the same environment. I hope it goes away when the soil breathes a little bit.

From what I've read, a PH of 6.3 is within a healthy range. Anywhere between 6-7 is the goal with soil.

Hey there, I checked the pH of the run of water today and it read 6.3 for all of them, so thats pretty close to where you want it, isnt it?
I'm also making sure its not overwatering or light stress. It does get kinda hot in the room without much humidity sometimes but not often enough for it to make this problem i dont believe. Thanks for the input!
Yeah its within range.

Next what about PPM as thats how much solids per part in your water and nutes.

Even though PH is within range the PPM can be too high or too low.

But the leaves can curl from heat stress and high temps from light or stress from room air temps, problem is if that were the issue the leaves would have Canoed Up .

So glad I found this thread, cause Im experiencing the same thing! Temps 73-77, light feed... sour diesel is ok but west coast og is curling. We'll see on the new growth.
I'm running a g8 900, 30" away. I was thinking maybe the soil is too warm? But i put my temp probe in and its 73... not sure what it should be.
Thanks for the insight!

Yeah its within range.

But the leaves can curl from heat stress and high temps from light or stress from room air temps, problem is if that were the issue the leaves would have Canoed Up .
It depends how far advanced the stress is. I allowed some of my tops to stretch to close to the light and the top fan leaves looked exactly same as the pic in the op when I spotted it.

Back
Top Bottom