Issue

ZombieGrown

Well first off I grow organically in a pro-mix, currently indoors (waiting on the right daylight hours), and these are clones. I got them from a dispensary near where I live, and they had some weird leaves when I got them, but these were the only CBD clones I could find, so I bought them. Since then it seems like I've done nothing but fight 2 out of 3 of these Harle-Tsu clones. I had a little powdery mildew, I treated with 1:5 ratio of SM-90, a week later leaves were getting worse, and I had a few brown spots show up, and dying leaf tips, I gave a full spectrum feeding, and I'm still seeing a decline. Hopefully this is correctable, and I didn't buy clones with a death timer on them.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks all.
420-magazine-mobile564442395.jpg
420-magazine-mobile761503841.jpg

ZombieGrown - Organic Cannabis

Ok, still dealing with this issue, but I have more info now. I went out and got a Rapitest soil tester and ran a full test battery (soil pH was 7.5 (max on the meter), N low, P normal, K low (I had just done a flush, I thought it could be lockout)) then I did a N/K feeding and tested again 2 days later, soil still showed 7.5, so I did a runoff test with the pH strips and it showed about a 6.0, so I ran another soil test, pulling a sample from about 5 inches down in the soil, and it still showed 7.5 on the Rapitest.

It's also important to mention I got different color tests on the two recent soil pH tests, so I'm wondering if it works similar to the strips (color = pH) is this tester just crap, or what?

I was assuming I might have a boron deficiency from pH lockout, but now I don't know. My leaves are still spotting, but they have also been growing stubby/misshapen leaves. Pics to follow.
420-magazine-mobile1387093865.jpg
420-magazine-mobile797473227.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1588473618.jpg
420-magazine-mobile718974289.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1886803581.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1859512374.jpg

They look healthier in color, and height, but they still have these weird brown spots. What are some good soil pH testers people have used? Seems I got a bad one.

For the Powdery Mildew issues do you have a fan on these plants? Any idea on the humidity ? For your ph issues invest in a decent PH meter it will solve all kinds of issues. We grow organic but we PH everything and by feeding our plants at 5.8 - 6.2 things usually run pretty smooth. Good luck and Happy growing ..

Thanks for the info. Any advice on a good pH tester? Also powdery mildew has been takin care of. Treated with Sm-90, problem solved. I don't check my humidity since my plants are living in my shed for now, but when it gets too humid in there I air it out, but I just gauge it off feel.

They look healthier in color, and height, but they still have these weird brown spots. What are some good soil pH testers people have used? Seems I got a bad one.

Hey bro, if you live near a Home Depot they sell a digital PH tester for about 15-17 bucks that works very well for testing water or soil etc...✌️

Best friends
Dolomite....it's cal mag in Pellet form. Cheap and in use since forever. Sprinkle 1/8 cup on top soil and water through it will buffer your soil back to 6.5 and keep it there. Use every 6 weeks
Bloodmeal. High in Nitrogen also dirt cheap. Sprinkle and water. 1 treatment is good.
Bonemeal. High in Phosphorus. Sprinkle it like the others.
Hardwood ashes. (Potash) Got a fire pit? Spread one tablespoon ash on top and water through. Ashes should be fresh and never exposed to water (that forms lye when standing) Has a serious buffering effect. Too much will raise your ph. Extremely high in Potassium. It's where the word "Potassium" comes from.
You won't need complicated nutes with these 4 in your arsenal. Ppl have been gardening with these items for over 100 years. They are all very cheap and very effective.

Best friends
Dolomite....it's cal mag in Pellet form. Cheap and in use since forever. Sprinkle 1/8 cup on top soil and water through it will buffer your soil back to 6.5 and keep it there. Use every 6 weeks
Bloodmeal. High in Nitrogen also dirt cheap. Sprinkle and water. 1 treatment is good.
Hardwood ashes. (Potash) Got a fire pit? Spread one tablespoon ash on top and water through. Ashes should be fresh and never exposed to water (that forms lye when standing) Has a serious buffering effect. Too much will raise your ph. Extremely high in Potassium. It's where the word "Potassium" comes from.
You won't need complicated nutes with these 3 in your arsenal. Ppl have been gardening with these items for over 100 years. They are all very cheap and very effective.

Many thanks, I'll give it a shot thanks man.

It honestly looks like heat/light stress. They do not look deficient, if anything they look like they have been given too much N. Your leafs are very dark green which is a sign of too much N. But the curling of the leafs is a sign of heat stress. What kind of lights are you using and how close are they too the plants? What about temp in the grow room? Do you have adequate air circulation?

It honestly looks like heat/light stress. They do not look deficient, if anything they look like they have been given too much N. Your leafs are very dark green which is a sign of too much N. But the curling of the leafs is a sign of heat stress. What kind of lights are you using and how close are they too the plants? What about temp in the grow room? Do you have adequate air circulation?

They are just under two plain white 1500 lumen LED flood bulbs (wanted to keep them on the small side till they go outside). About 24" from the top shoots. They are super green from the blood meal I gave them a while back, but air circulation is good, and I control the humidity best I can in my shed. I try and keep the temps up between 65-70 during the day, and shut my heat off at night, cause these ladies are going outside soon. This was supposed to be an outdoor grow after all, lol. Just waiting on the proper amount of daylight.
420-magazine-mobile2055559027.jpg

Best friends
You won't need complicated nutes with these 4 in your arsenal. Ppl have been gardening with these items for over 100 years. They are all very cheap and very effective.

Well the pH definitely has gone down, and now everything is where it should be according to my new soil tester. So good call on that.

They are still pretty damaged, the older plants look like they are going to pull through, but my Blueberry seedlings didn't make it :/ BUT! I had more Blueberry seeds, so no problem, lol.

Thanks again for the help!

Well the pH definitely has gone down, and now everything is where it should be according to my new soil tester. So good call on that.

They are still pretty damaged, the older plants look like they are going to pull through, but my Blueberry seedlings didn't make it :/ BUT! I had more Blueberry seeds, so no problem, lol.

Thanks again for the help!

Your welcome man. It takes plants 3 weeks to recover from severe trauma.

Back
Top Bottom