Little spot

Blowing trees

Hi guys this is my first grow ,canna A+B EC from start to now 1.1, hydro 1 plant (cindy99) veg 125w CFL flower 600w hps. It's 17 days from seedling and I noticed on the leaf there like a little brown spot? Can't seem to figure out what it is. Can it be wind burn? I'm going to post a pic of the spot and a pic of my plant. :)
420-magazine-mobile441501366.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1341300005.jpg
420-magazine-mobile96367836.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I too am on my first grow. I would say the most important thing, especially early on is to make sure you are at the PH is correct. By that I mean be exact and double/triple check. Every time you water, every time you give it nutrients, heck I would do it every day. Not as exact as possible, or close enough. I mean exact. Once you understand how to PH deficiencies should not happen.

I am headed to flowering my girls now. I dealt with deficiencies early on. A lot of it was caused by me just being close enough with my PH. I also was not checking my PH daily. I would do it every couple days or so. Eventually one of my plants started showing deficiencies, brown spots. I still do not know what deficiency it was exactly but I have some guesses. My PH ranged from 5.3-5.7. I thought heck its close enough, but I was wrong. Certain essential nutrients are not absorbed at lower PH, just as certain essential nutrients are not absorbed at too high of PH.

Another thing. It is better to underfeed your girls than overfeed them. They will tell you when they need more nutrients. You will see it in how much water they take up and by tracking both PH and TPMS of the water. Learn to understand why PH is moving or why the TPMS of your water is getting lower or higher. The reason may be underfeeding/overfeeding or it may be your plant simply telling you it needs more or less of something.

In regards to that spot. It is too early to tell I think. All I can say is to check to make sure your PH is in the correct range, know less is more when it comes to nutrients. More nutes does not mean a bigger plant if you do not understand when your plant is asking for more. You cannot force it. Always use less. It is much harder to take away then to add honestly.

Sorry about the rant but identifying deficiencies is fairly difficult to narrow down exactly what it is. Being a hydro setup it sounds like it could be a nutrient problem, this happens easily with new growers not understanding the minute details it takes with hydroponic setups.

Whenever I hear nutrient burn now. I do not think of it as burn so much as an imbalance causing a deficiency of another nutrient the plant needs. The "burn" is actually a deficiency of another nutrient because there is too much of another nutrient causing the other nutrient to literally be locked out of the plant, it may be in the solution of water/nutrients but the plant cannot absorb it because it already absorbed an overabundance of another nutrient, early on this is usually the case with nitrogen. It does not even have to be you added too much of a nutrient to have this happen, it usually is not the case. It is usually PH imbalances.

Take a look at the thread I will post below.

PH and Nutrient Uptake charts!

Here is an example I will use my plants:

My PH range was under well under 6.0 for weeks (5.3-5.8). After a few weeks like this, just beyond where you are now, as the roots really started to grow, is when I got hit hard with deficiencies. While the plant does not use a lot of phosphorus and magnesium early on, it still needs those and because I was well under 6.0 in PH my plants really started to get hit hard. Brown spots, dying foliage, curling leaves. My point is be exacting with your PH. Hydro you can start seeing deficiencies a lot sooner than soil but it is recoverable. Think about it, the environment can change pretty quick in a Hydro setup. In soil you have to flush and flush to fix PH, but in Hydro you literally have control over your PH at the end of a dropper.

So whenever you think you have a nutrient burn, it is likely a deficiency cause by 1 of 2 things. PH being off or you simply added so many nutrients that you are locking out other essential nutrients. Many times with new growers it is a combination of both. Over zealous newbies, like myself of course, take a few grows to understand (Less is more, and PH is of highest importance in a hydroponic setup, it is what is controlling the absorption of the nutrients you are adding).

Nutrient deficiencies and lockout caused by pH imbalance or starvation are different from a nutrient burn which is caused by an overabundance of minerals and salts in the plant. Nute burn starts at the tips of the leaves and includes new growth as well as old growth. Deficiencies can display in many other areas.

The plant in the pic looks fine. Keep watching it over the week.

/Obi

I too am on my first grow. I would say the most important thing, especially early on is to make sure you are at the PH is correct. By that I mean be exact and double/triple check. Every time you water, every time you give it nutrients, heck I would do it every day. Not as exact as possible, or close enough. I mean exact. Once you understand how to PH deficiencies should not happen.

I am headed to flowering my girls now. I dealt with deficiencies early on. A lot of it was caused by me just being close enough with my PH. I also was not checking my PH daily. I would do it every couple days or so. Eventually one of my plants started showing deficiencies, brown spots. I still do not know what deficiency it was exactly but I have some guesses. My PH ranged from 5.3-5.7. I thought heck its close enough, but I was wrong. Certain essential nutrients are not absorbed at lower PH, just as certain essential nutrients are not absorbed at too high of PH.

Another thing. It is better to underfeed your girls than overfeed them. They will tell you when they need more nutrients. You will see it in how much water they take up and by tracking both PH and TPMS of the water. Learn to understand why PH is moving or why the TPMS of your water is getting lower or higher. The reason may be underfeeding/overfeeding or it may be your plant simply telling you it needs more or less of something.

In regards to that spot. It is too early to tell I think. All I can say is to check to make sure your PH is in the correct range, know less is more when it comes to nutrients. More nutes does not mean a bigger plant if you do not understand when your plant is asking for more. You cannot force it. Always use less. It is much harder to take away then to add honestly.

Thanks for the information very informative on both posts thank you :) going to check up on everything jow

Nutrient deficiencies and lockout caused by pH imbalance or starvation are different from a nutrient burn which is caused by an overabundance of minerals and salts in the plant. Nute burn starts at the tips of the leaves and includes new growth as well as old growth. Deficiencies can display in many other areas.

The plant in the pic looks fine. Keep watching it over the week.

/Obi

Hmm my ph has been between 5.8-6. In the last 2 weeks, and nutes I added once 2 weeks ago at a EC of 1.1 and it's still 1.1 :/ don't know why but I just get a feeling she's in a very bad condition

She looks just fine. You are gonna get little odd marks that don't amount to anything other than a blemish. Be watchful which you are, and if you see things come up on multiple leaves or a large portion of the leaf then get concerned.

Cheers
Goat

She looks just fine. You are gonna get little odd marks that don't amount to anything other than a blemish. Be watchful which you are, and if you see things come up on multiple leaves or a large portion of the leaf then get concerned.

Cheers
Goat

Hmm I'm just really worried first grow aswell. Yes I'm just keeping a eye on it. I took some piks today but I can't send it . It says your forum has disabled shareing images wth

You have to upload your images to 420magazine and then link them in your post.

It's much easier to figure out using the website vs the app, but there is a spot to upload you pics to the 420 server. That way there are no broken links when external images are deleted.

That plant is in a hydro setup. I use rockwool grow chunks. Those plants are in 1 gal smart pots. I will be transplanting them into 5 gal smart pots in a week or so.
420-magazine-mobile257933767.jpg

This is a better pic of the setup. I run the nutes 3 times a day for 15 mins. They drain into the pan and back to the rez. Once they get up potted each plant gets its own rez. Then I put the plant right on top of the rez so it just drains back in. I picked up this style from another grower. He would consistently pull a pound a plant. This is my first go with hydro and I am loving the results so far. The plants in the back of the photo are in soil and my hydro plants will soon over take them in growth. The soil plants have 25 days in the hydro plants.

That plant is in a hydro setup. I use rockwool grow chunks. Those plants are in 1 gal smart pots. I will be transplanting them into 5 gal smart pots in a week or so.
420-magazine-mobile257933767.jpg

This is a better pic of the setup. I run the nutes 3 times a day for 15 mins. They drain into the pan and back to the rez. Once they get up potted each plant gets its own rez. Then I put the plant right on top of the rez so it just drains back in. I picked up this style from another grower. He would consistently pull a pound a plant. This is my first go with hydro and I am loving the results so far. The plants in the back of the photo are in soil and my hydro plants will soon over take them in growth. The soil plants have 25 days in the hydro plants.

Oh rockwool I'm useing jiffy plugs atm but rockwool next. Your set up looks very neat and tidy I'll give u that . I'm doing hydro to. I run mine 4 times in 24hours for 15 mins EC at 1.1 but when I check my EC in my tank the EC don't increase or decrease is that suppose to happen? I like that method your useing and pulling a pound off every time is excellent. I'm going to top/lst and scrog. Not 100% sure of doing the scrog if it gives me extra yeild on top and lst? Then I will

Back
Top Bottom