Could this little guy be saved?

GreenDelusion

This is my first grow attempt, and it's only the middle of second week since it sprouted. Thought I'd done enough theory and decided to finally give it a try with a white widow seed someone gave me to practice. Everything seemed fine, seed germinated in like 3 days with a wet towel and I transferred it to a small pot in FoxFarm Ocean Forest in at 24/0 under a 180w LED UFO in a space bucket. Temperatures were maintained between 83F and 88F, usually fluctuating depending on day. I watered it with tap water until I noticed that my tap water is too alkaline, so I switched to distilled. Went with the general rule of waiting until the soil was dry before watering, though I found that the soil dried out pretty quickly, and found myself watering it almost every day. After noticing the overwatering a few days in, then adjusted despite soil dryness. I had also read when using soil with nutrients in it (like FF OF), that I should not feed it until it's a bit further into veg to prevent over nutrition, so I have not started with any nutrients (though if it survives it will be getting NFTG). What I think may have done this is when I transferred the little guy to a solo cup after suspecting the soil dryness to the cardboard pot that I put it in originally (my reasoning being the cardboard was grabbing most of the moisture and was being evaporated).

I don't, mind starting over again with a new seed, and learn from my mistakes, but I was hoping I could still save this little guy.

Here is the poor fella:
IMG_8.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The pH of that distilled water is probably off also. Doubtful it's causing what you're seeing, just thought it was worth mentioning.

Thank you all for your advice, the plant is looking much better after some flushing. It had a nice growth spurt after the second flush, which had the Herculean Harvest. Though I did lose the two original leaves, the other have come in quite nicely. I'm thinking one more flush with regular water and then back to regular schedule.

IMG_24.jpg

Thank you all for your help! Hope to one day post this guy's (preferably gal's) harvest results.

Back
Top Bottom