Nute burn, deficiency or transplant shock?

Ouch420

So I transplanted 3 days ago into promix hp.i fertilized with general hydroponics flora series at their recommended dosage yesterday.
My leaves aren't looking too great. Mostly bottom leaves.
Does this look like transplant shock, nute burn or nute deficiency?

IMG_146638.JPG
IMG_146538.JPG
IMG_146438.JPG
IMG_146334.JPG

I did some reading and looking at photos and what it really looks like to me is the results of a nutrient deficiency in the early stage of growth. (Note that I don't have much knowledge concerning Ph issues so don't rule that out either.)

Your leaves don't show the telltale burnt tips that show nitrogen burn. And plants don't show that kind of damage when they're not happy with having been transplanted. If it was because of a bad transplant you'd see multiple leaves all over the plant wilting. Your whole plant would look sad. Eventually, some leaves might curl, dry up and die. Your damage looks a lot like what I see in the photos that show a phosphorus deficiency---but again, I'm not even close to an expert on nutrient issues.

If it really was nute deficiency I don't think it will matter because you've transplanted into new soil mix--if that mix has proper nutes and you continue with proper nutes (not full strength as directed) hopefully, you'll be okay. My approach to those big ole bottom leaves is...I pretty much ignore anything that happens to them once the plant is up and running....they always seem to end up looking like shyte anyway.

Good luck!

I dont think you really need to add more nutes.. next time you water only give them fresh clean water phed to 6.5. Idk how much the ph drops when the water runs through your soil so it might even need to be 6.7 or 6.8 if it drops a little. You dont need to be right on the 6.5 mark.. your plants will thank you once you are around 6.5 ph though

Back
Top Bottom