Need help with strange problem that's killing plants one after another

newestuser

gccGOiP.jpg

Tried to push the necessary information into this image. Hope it helps.
Here's some additional info that may help with a diagnosis.

First of all this isn't my first grow, I've been growing indoors casually for over 10 years using soil and have had good success in the past.

I moved into a new apartment, started a grow with 4 plants. They ALL suffered the same fate as the one plant that is pictured here. Steadily getting crispy and yellowing, growth stops, after about a month most of the leaf mass is gone and in the garbage they went.

I couldn't pinpoint the reason for the failure, so I started again this time with 1 seed and being extra careful with watering and nutrition. The exact same thing happened.

I'm using the same gear as before, same soil, same light, same beginner friendly Sensi Seeds strains... I'm fairly sure this is a tap water pH problem. I've never had pH problems before and now in the new apartment I just can't get a grow off the ground, so I became suspicious of the apartment itself. Something with the pipes...

I don't have a digital pH meter, and don't seem to have any luck ordering one online without it getting lost in transport. I've used the indicator paper method, but the result was inconclusive.

I would LOVE to hear your expert opinions on what's happening. It's a seriously frustrating thing. 2 months, 5 seeds, a lots of effort just absolutely wasted. Before I have another attempt I must find out what's killing my plants. THANK YOU.

It definately looks like nutrient burn or something bad in the tap water.

What i suggest is buying Distilled Water yeah it can be expensive in long run, but it will eliminate Tap Water so process of elimination.

If the Tap Water has a high PPM level or high PH level you could definately be using way to much nutes.

Distilled water will eliminate PPM issue and most distilled water has around 7.0 PH so ya add nutes that always used and then PH the entire mixture to 6.0-6.5 Max 6.5 for soil grow.

Then see who next grow goes.

Thanks for the comments so far!
I should also state that I have lived and still live in the same city, with a reported tap water pH of 8.3. Just different apartments. I figure the plumbing, age, build quality etc. of each building must affect the pH though, so there might be a lot of variation even within the city...

I'm doing my best to get a digital pH meter A.S.A.P. There's just been a few hitches on the way.

Back
Top Bottom