First time grower needs help asap please

mellorbo

hi people, i will provide setup details and info below, i just feel the back story could be important.

so... my first grow!
i started growing from seed and all was good, then as the first time grower in me came out i over watered my plants, this was quite bad at young age but they recovered once i transplanted into the big pots they are in now with fresh dry ish medium.
Then i got nute lockout due to a ph imbalance due to using auto pots with a 75 Litre reservoir. ill be honest i couldn't control the ph it was fluctuating too much with a low of 5.5 and high of 6.2. so i got rid of the reservoir and have been making 5L of ph'd water and nutes @ph 5.8 and hand watering. everything was going real smooth then last few days they started going down hill a little and one has gone real bad (i think) the leaves are curling up on the sides at the spines and drooping at the tips. one has gone real droopy and cant hold its leaves up any more. i have been watering by hand from the top until i get a runoff (10-20%) i then drain the runoff and don't water again until the coco substrate (gold label 60/40 mix) is damp an inch or so down. my roots are still white and not discoloured.
leaf temp is 70-72*F

(sorry its long but i would rather too much info than not enough)

My setup:
4 plants to go under scrog
4ft x 4ft x 6.5ft grow tent
6" Ram exhaust with carbon filter... air flow - 341cfm pressure - 400pa
4" 140cfm filtered cold air intake
600w hps light with digital ballast: veg period 18/6
12" oscillating fan
4x 3 gallon pots
using canna coco A&B @ 20ml each per 10L of tap water CANNA Coco Nutrients for the Best Absorption | CANNA UK
plant strain is Green poison Indica/Sativa 70/30
approx 3 weeks old id say.

Am4ejHR.jpg

new growth
BiMryse.jpg

DnjGiqt.jpg

splits in leaf
12ia3MT.jpg

l7eyUYJ.jpg

leaf damage
NdZs0QQ.jpg

cOR3Ylv.jpg

current setup
9KlTSiy.jpg
(i have raised the fan as i do suspect wind burn but not sure)

imo i do not believe those leaves are supposed to look all messed up like that are they? am i just being paranoid or is there something wrong? i have watched these plants from day 1 it kills me to see them like this.

again i know its long and i thankyou for your time, and appreciate any help i can get.

The curled up serrated leaf edges look like heat stress, the curled down tips look nitrogen toxic and the parts that are showing splits look calcium potassium deficient to me

The curled up serrated leaf edges look like heat stress, the curled down tips look nitrogen toxic and the parts that are showing splits look calcium potassium deficient to me

i raised the light a day or 2 ago, will those leaves return to normal or just new growth? also the nitrogen toxicity and the deficiency's do you think that could be aftermath of the nute lockout last week or do you think this is still ongoing? and what would you suggest i do?

so far there has been no change, last feed i did just tap water ph down to 5.8 and today i did a light water with some rhizotonic hopefully that will de stress them a bit.
i only have canna coco a&b nutrients and rhizotonic. is that going to be enough to see me through veg and flower or am i going to need to add substitutes or change altogether?
if its going to be ok with a&b what do you recommend the dose should be in ml as i dont have a ppm meter yet

so far there has been no change, last feed i did just tap water ph down to 5.8 and today i did a light water with some rhizotonic hopefully that will de stress them a bit.
i only have canna coco a&b nutrients and rhizotonic. is that going to be enough to see me through veg and flower or am i going to need to add substitutes or change altogether?
if its going to be ok with a&b what do you recommend the dose should be in ml as i dont have a ppm meter yet

are you just running 1 big fan? Whats your temp/rh sitting at?

are you just running 1 big fan? Whats your temp/rh sitting at?

by fan i guess you mean the one in the tent? if so yes i only have the 1 fan. 12 inch and it has 3 speed settings. i had it on #3 its now raised up on #1 "tickling the plants" rather than blowing about.

temps inside tent are 70-72*F leaf temp is 67-74*F (using infrared thermometer) im not sure what you mean by rh?

humidity is approx 38-50% depending time of day

i have always been sure not to have the light too close to the plants. i usually hold my hand under for a few mins if it feels like it burns i raise light. so not sure how i gave heat stress but i must have fu**ed up somewhere

hey guys, just had a thought my tent is negative pressure sucking sides in real bad. could this cause a lack of o2 for the plants? hence they the way they are!

It's good to have a bit of negative pressure but I don't like it if it's to much. Open one of the vents to help some. As for o2 it's still pulling air in from outside the tent just not as much as it's removing

i have some leftover ducting. i will put some cloth filters over and try to balance it out a bit. i zipped tent up when i was inside and felt a litte dizzy so airflow is a problem. man i never thought it would be this hard :D its a steep learning curve but im enjoying it :)

i have always been sure not to have the light too close to the plants. i usually hold my hand under for a few mins if it feels like it burns i raise light. so not sure how i gave heat stress but i must have fu**ed up somewhere
I usually keep them at least 18 above. Is it ideal? Probably not but its one less thing that could go wrong just my thoughts. When I was referring to rh I should have just said humidity,sorry guess I was a bit more medicated than I thought. I was curious where you were sitting at because I know I sometimes forget to look at the humidity. It actually happened this grow me and my room mate were both out and the humidity dropped our to like 15% . when I got home the leaves were curled up. As soon as I got the humidity in check the leaves folded back down. Just trying to help. Good luck!

What are you growing in soil, coco, hydro, Bc if it's soil you should keep ph to 6.0 to 7.0 and that could be why your getting leaf claw

Firstly, i would like to thank you all for your input. i thought people would have been more hostile and get the usual if u don't know what your doing stop kinda thing but i diddnt :)

i have seen improvement in the plants, new growth, older leaves more supple than before, more height and starting to smell quite nice again :)

so far what have i done?
i backed off the nutes and just fed ph water for 2 feeds. i will add nutes again and build up slowly.
i invested in an air cooled vented hood for my hps light instead of the basic winged hood and i added more inlets with filters into the tent as i was running so much negative pressure, i believe i was sucking the plants inside out. now the pressure is equalised and after a day i see improvement.

i dont have time to upload pics just yet but i will soon as i can, and i will keep you updated. thankyou again for the help and hopefully i wont need it again but i know that's not true :D

At least they aren't getting worse, try backing off the nitrogen part of the part A and B of your nutes and upping the more P and K part, just replace the amount you back off at the next feed and be sure to let them dry out so those roots develop I had a plant take over a month to need water but once it did it took off and grew like crazy.

Back
Top Bottom