Need help! Plants dying! Overheating? Or nute burn?

WeekendToker

So I've never posted and only have crept around in here but I've been having problems with one of my plants and need a second opinion! Here's my situation

Soil grow
# of plants : 2
300w led
2x3 grow space, maybe 3-4 ft tall
Been using general hydroponics veg nutes, 5ml a gal and I've been using cal mag 5 ml a gal, feeding every 4 or so days
Rh: 30-45%
Temp : 75-82 sometimes gets up to even 88 when my closet door is closed which I think may be a problem
The only other think I have is they're on 18/6 and have been in veg 4-5 weeks, they have a small fan blowing overtop of them. However the bottom leaves are yellow and some are starting to show speckles of yellow at the tips almost like dots and the plant has been drooped over any ideas?

420-magazine-mobile1008971949.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1017482503.jpg

420-magazine-mobile334016135.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2068950167.jpg

Re: Need help! Plants dying! Overheating? Or nute burn ?

Looks like a combination of too much heat and possibly under watered. Whats your PH look like?

Looks like a combination of too much heat and possibly under watered. Whats your PH look like?

Nute mix is at 6.5 ph I'll be sure to check the run off next watering, I've been keeping the heat down as much as possible and it's helped perk it up a little but still advancing on the yellowing of the bottom most leaves

Once the leaves turn yellow they will stay that way so watch your newer growth which should be normal. The leaves are cupped and bending away from the light which is why i said heat/light stress.

it could be heat stress,,,but it looks like your under led,s...i don,t use led,s so don,t much heat they give off,,,i use hps which give off a helluva lot o heat,,,the last time my plants drooped like that,,,they just needed more nutes,,so i upped them by 1/2 mil per litre,,,and that did the trick,,,the purpling o the stems indicate yer plants are stressed dude,,,,so have a look,,,google what the problem could be,,,heres a wee deffitiancy chart bro,,,,an check yer EC and PH bro

i really cant see that bein heat stress bro,,honestly,,,,lower yer light m8,,,repot them,,,an up their nutes,,,they,ll be much better in a week if ye do man,,,,,,,,,or if ye find ye have a lockout,,,fluch them in them wee pots before you repot bro,,,they,ll thank you for it man peace ;-}_,

I kinda think it looks like a poor drainage and ph issues. Due to that soil looking like it has alot of wood chips. I'd say pot up with quality soil and get better drainage.

Penny wise is correct. That leaf cupping is heat/light stress. The yellowing edges and or spots can be from ph problems or nutrient burn. What soil are you using?

Penny wise is correct. That leaf cupping is heat/light stress. The yellowing edges and or spots can be from ph problems or nutrient burn. What soil are you using?

Not quite sure, just an old bag that was lying around, planned
On getting some fox farm soil in the future

Need help! Plants dying! Overheating? Or nute burn ?

Because if you were Canadian you could use ProMix Vegetable and Herb. I would recommend fox Farms ocean forest. It's a no nutes until bloom formula.
Your plant should be 5 times larger than that. Soil is extremely important. If you're in the eastern states you might find this locally.
420-magazine-mobile621860811.jpg

If not. Go with fox Farms. But until you repot you will probably see problems persist. Especially if your soil contains a wood mulch or chips.
This is my growth after 10 days with ProMix
420-magazine-mobile1904726992.jpg

This is my growth week three.
420-magazine-mobile1884973949.jpg

That's what I was looking into, thanks man, I'll definatly pick some up and repot asap problably sometime this week

Just my two cents.

1. Red Stems are not unusual under LED lights.

2. Heat stress is one of your issues as the leaves are cupping, LED's most keep them about 18 inches away, some can get as close as 15 inches.

3. The leaves are also wilting down which means either under feeding or over feeding, i would guess under feeding due to the nute deficiencies shown (yellow leaves and tip burn)

4. The soil i seen your using also what looks like wood bark or wood chips.. to me thats never good to mix with soil.

5. I would repot them, flush first then repot them to a bigger pot.

6. Then start nute feeding again PH to around 6.5 and check to make sure tunoff is between 6.0 and 6.5 if so your all good to go.

7. In a few days hopefully they will be recovered and your on you way to a good grow.

Moved my light up a foot or so as shown in the other pictures and since then the temperature has stayed about 3 -5 degrees lower and that has made all the difference, they're not droopy and sad anymore they're perked back up! However I'm still planning to transplant into better soil. I'll attach some pictures

420-magazine-mobile1994585073.jpg

420-magazine-mobile711936188.jpg

Back
Top Bottom