Help please! Sand on top soil for pest control!

newgrowr

So I had fungus gnats. Sticky tape, rolls whatever I got it. No chemicals, but not opposed to using dunks.
Honestly I don't think they're a problem just a pest.
I know they can slow growth and hurt or even kill my roots.

*** here's the question I feed them half gallon. 5 days ago and soil is still moist.
They're starting 2nd week of flower and are in 5 gallon plastic pots.
1 feels lighter than the rest. But again soil still moist.

Please I don't wanna fuck up the roots? Don't know if it was a mistake with the sand! Any guidance would help out a worried grower.
420-magazine-mobile87368424.jpg

Crumble one Mesquito dunk and sprinkle on top of the soil. In 3 to 4 weeks your problem will gone. It doesn't take much for it to work, a fourth of a dunk should do it.

Sand will work it you should definitely get the dunks or the bits I use the bits and so far so good I just had a whole crop hermi on me about 2 months ago then I fought them for another month till they took over and where killing everything so I got new soil transplanted all the plants and 2 photos made it my 2 autos died 6 photos died then I found out about the dunks and the bits been working like a charm so far!!! Live-Love-Learn

Really appreciate it livetkskate81. Just got into flower n I don't want these fuckers to mess my shit up any more

Sand on top will help, but gnats can enter tru the drain holes àt the bottom of your pot. Mesquito dunks are simple and work.

I've never had luck with sand, but I love the look of sand and if it helps more than perlite I'm good. I'll use bits as well to help make it work.

Back
Top Bottom