Help

gonemad

Seedlings seem to stop at this point:

Need help: I have paid for these seeds and have tried all I know to progress but I can't get them to go further than this . Strains are mango skunk and Thai skunk. I've also had no success with other seeds purchased from attitude seeds. Light is cfl small 20 w but I've tried with a large cfl 130 w distance from seedlings are 12- 15 inch away. Mediums are coco coir and water is ph'd 6.0. Please help me progress.
420-magazine-mobile929733772.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1859579364.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1053542915.jpg

Come on folks let's see some eye candy! Here's some for ya

Get rid of those covers now that the plants are above the soil. Turn on the big lamp and get it as close to the plants as you can without cooking them. Add a small fan to generate indirect wind. Keep the soil moist but not soaked. Add a little CalMag to your water.

Get a second opinion but I think you might want to try dropping your pH to about 5.7.

/Obi

Get rid of those covers now that the plants are above the soil. Turn on the big lamp and get it as close to the plants as you can without cooking them. Add a small fan to generate indirect wind. Keep the soil moist but not soaked. Add a little CalMag to your water.

Get a second opinion but I think you might want to try dropping your pH to about 5.7.

/Obi

Sweet. Thanks mate.

Your big bulb will burn them before it helps them in my opinion. ( I've done a lot of testing with cfl and still currently using them )
My advice would be make sure your vents are open for a day before fully lifting the lid ( drastic humidity changes can shock them ).
My proven lights are the 23w ( 100 equivalent) 5600k 1600 lumen cfl. With small seedlings and baby clones, I keep the light about 12 inches away. At this stage I don't usually use a fan as it screws with my plants leaves but at the same time you may have to gently till your soil to keep mildew from forming.
I did my last batch of clones with a 13 w T5HO and it did amazing things ( all of $30 and sits on top of my dome) so I'm assuming it would work the same for lil seedlings. Hope this info helps. Good luck :)

Your big bulb will burn them before it helps them in my opinion. ( I've done a lot of testing with cfl and still currently using them )
My advice would be make sure your vents are open for a day before fully lifting the lid ( drastic humidity changes can shock them ).
My proven lights are the 23w ( 100 equivalent) 5600k 1600 lumen cfl. With small seedlings and baby clones, I keep the light about 12 inches away. At this stage I don't usually use a fan as it screws with my plants leaves but at the same time you may have to gently till your soil to keep mildew from forming.
I did my last batch of clones with a 13 w T5HO and it did amazing things ( all of $30 and sits on top of my dome) so I'm assuming it would work the same for lil seedlings. Hope this info helps. Good luck :)

Thanks mate I'm a new grower and always willing to try great tips . .

One more quick thought about your setup. It looks like the containers are sitting directly on or very near the concrete floor. Is that correct? If so, raise the containers up 4-6 inches off the floor. The concrete acts like a heat sink and sucks the warmth out of the soil.

Cheers,
/Obi

Looking closer perhaps that's not concrete I see >.<

Trying to think of all the easy fixes :)

Looking closer perhaps that's not concrete I see >.<

Trying to think of all the easy fixes :)

Yeah not concrete but it is on wood of some sort but it is an elevated floor from solid ground so I guess temp could be a factor in this case. I have since all of today's helpful ideas , taken all advice and used three different seedlings and tried each persons advice and applied it to individual seedlings and see what happens. I am already feeling more positive due to everyone's help. Fingers crossed

Back
Top Bottom