Is this mold?

jueyman

I had some problems with an auto strain. Had some calcium problems(again) and almost all the leaves turned yellow. The problem I see is that I see some white little dots on the sugar leaves from the bud, not sure if is mold or is a result of the deficiency. I posted some pics too see if someone can help me to see if I can keep the plant or cull it.
20170427_143558_1_.jpg
20170427_143558_1_.jpg
20170427_143421_1_.jpg
20170427_143147_1_.jpg
20170427_143138_1_.jpg
20170427_143133_1_.jpg

Even yellowing those still look yummy
How'd you know it's calcium?
(I ask cuz I have a couple yellowing ones too)

This one probably had other problems too, but this is my 2nd grow and the 2nd time I had calcium problems. Hopefully will fix the issue in next grow.

No, its not mold. It's spider mites. If you look in the 4th picture at the top of the bud you can see the webs very well. You are infected pretty bad too.

I checked the whole plants and didn't see webs. Spider mites can be seen with plain eye? If it would be the case of spider mites , there is something I can do?

They cann be seen with your eye but they are hard to spot...very tiny. I also think I can see a few leafs that are still green with tiny white spots all over them? If that is right then that further verifies mites. I will let someone else chime in with ways to get rid of them.

They cann be seen with your eye but they are hard to spot...very tiny. I also think I can see a few leafs that are still green with tiny white spots all over them? If that is right then that further verifies mites. I will let someone else chime in with ways to get rid of them.

Yes, there white dots on the leaves, that was my concern. The thing is that other plants dont have those white dots and are fine. But that one I got worried about the the white dots. Here is already 2m so tomorrow I will do an extensive check. Thanks for the input, I will update the thread with more details tomorrow.

After checking the whole plant carefully , it seems it does have spider mites and although the other plants doesnt have as much as the one in the pic , they are starting to show signs. One thing I notice is that the fan I had in the tent, wasn't working and I didn't notice so probably helped with the spider mite thing.

So my question now is, what should I do? The plant can be saved?

Never had them. Only read bout them. If you google how to get rid of spider mites growweedeasy dot com has a lengthy article. One suggestion is Alcohol and Water mixed together (9 parts water to 1 part alcohol) will also kill the bugs on contact and shouldn't hurt the plant. You will want to use a spray bottle or mister.
You have to worry bout bud rot at this stage. Check that article out over there.

Never had them. Only read bout them. If you google how to get rid of spider mites growweedeasy dot com has a lengthy article. One suggestion is Alcohol and Water mixed together (9 parts water to 1 part alcohol) will also kill the bugs on contact and shouldn't hurt the plant. You will want to use a spray bottle or mister.
You have to worry bout bud rot at this stage. Check that article out over there.

Thanks for the link. My fear is regarding the buds not sure if spraying will hurt the buds.

ok So I have read a few possible solutions. The problem I'm facing now is that I dont know if it should be safe to mist the plants with buds. If anyone have any experience with spider mites in flowering state please any advice.

You'll def want to have good airflow on the buds after spraying. I'd use the alcohol-water to start. Hopefully someone experienced will help. Good luck.

You'll def want to have good airflow on the buds after spraying. I'd use the alcohol-water to start. Hopefully someone experienced will help. Good luck.

I bought another fan and there is a good airflow again. In the article from the url you showed me , they talk about Insect predators as 1 of the solutions, maybe I can try that before trying to use any spray that can hurt the buds.

I bought another fan and there is a good airflow again. In the article from the url you showed me , they talk about Insect predators as 1 of the solutions, maybe I can try that before trying to use any spray that can hurt the buds.

I don't think that will help at this point. They're talking about ladybugs. I know someone who bought 1000 ladybugs and they just all flew away.
An alcohol spray will kill a bunch. Just mist. 9 parts water one part alcohol.

I don't think that will help at this point. They're talking about ladybugs. I know someone who bought 1000 ladybugs and they just all flew away.

Good to know. I've never had them either. Everyone I know has had them and I've seen their shit infected with them bad. I always keep stuff on hand for the first sight of them but so far, cycle after cycle it has been clear.
I have heard that once you get them they cann be a pita to get rid of long term.

They mention ladybugs and predatory mites, I did some research and some of the ones I found are Phytoseiulus persimilis and Amblyseius. Using water and alcohol could hurt the buds? I keep asking because I dont see how I can spray or mist the leaves without touching the buds. If is okay I don't have problems trying that.

They mention ladybugs and predatory mites, I did some research and some of the ones I found are Phytoseiulus persimilis and Amblyseius. Using water and alcohol could hurt the buds? I keep asking because I dont see how I can spray or mist the leaves without touching the buds. If is okay I don't have problems trying that.

Water and alcohol will not hurt the buds if mixed like Germinator told you. Just increase your air circulation to dry them up well.

Water and alcohol will not hurt the buds if mixed like Germinator told you. Just increase your air circulation to dry them up well.

will try that and will update later with results, I already got a new fan and increase the speed of the inline fan

Back
Top Bottom