Help Newby grower prevent bugs!

Robb87

I am about to start using Fox Farm ocean Forest. My last girl I started to have problems with bugs. What steps can I take to prevent bugs in this grow. If possible I would like to prevent rather than treat bug control. I have an indoor grow with tent. I don't want to sterilize due to benifital organisms in soil. Thanks in advance fellow growers.

Hey Robb

What bugs specifically did you have issues with? Starting with a good clean medium with no gnats to begin with helps, I use neem oil as preventative mixed with some soap insecticide its organic and pretty effective against most common bugs, Pyrethyum I believe is also organic but far more toxic. only I only use if I already have a bug problem, used it to wipe out some 2 spotted mites I had awhile back, don't use either of these after a week or 2 into flower.

Hope this helps! Goodluck with your new grow! :thumb:

I'm going all organic for taste. Will sns 209 make a difference in taste?

We grow Organic as well we make our own compost and it is usually loaded with gnats ,but the SNS 209 is good stuff 10 ml. per gallon we use 2 times a week then to 1 time per week until 2 weeks to harvest.They also make some other good products .The SNS can be used in to flower which is a big plus . Happy Growing.

Hey Robb

What bugs specifically did you have issues with? Starting with a good clean medium with no gnats to begin with helps, I use neem oil as preventative mixed with some soap insecticide its organic and pretty effective against most common bugs, Pyrethyum I believe is also organic but far more toxic. only I only use if I already have a bug problem, used it to wipe out some 2 spotted mites I had awhile back, don't use either of these after a week or 2 into flower.

Hope this helps! Goodluck with your new grow! :thumb:

I Had Gnats At First But I used The Play Sand On Top Of My Soil And it Fixed that. I had mealy bugs in last grow and tried the alchol and soap treatment but damaged my girls badly. I just wanna be proactive and prevent before there is a problem.

I used cheap organic soil from walmart so I'm guessing that's the main reason I got bugs. I had fox farm ocean Forest now for next grow.

Back
Top Bottom