New grower - Help

medicinalme

I am a new grower. I use marijuana medicinally, I need it or I function at a much lower capacity. I need these plants to grow. I know they are not doing well. heres the breakdown

This is TrainWreck AutoFlower (bought from Cropking Seeds)
Soil: Bumper Crop Gardeners Gold Organic potting soil ( peat moss, perlite etc...)
Direct Sow on April 26, 2017
Food: Age Old Bloom 5-10-5
I started them under LED
They have been under 250 HPS for one week now
They are almost 3 weeks old and look only a week old
I have one in a 3 gallon bucket I did a direct sow
I have 3 in pots direct sow
TW_7.jpg
TW_7.jpg
TW_7.jpg
TW_7.jpg
TW_7.jpg
TW_3.jpg
TW_3.jpg
TW_3.jpg
TW_21.jpg
TW_21.jpg
TW_21.jpg
TW_1.jpg
TW_1.jpg
TW_1.jpg
:green_heart:

Re: New grower......help

Additionally..your soil looks over watered. Are there drainage holes in the bottom of the container? Soil has little or NO perlite in it (for better drainage and less compaction)..
Sigh..what soil are you using anyway?

Thank you for your response. I do appreciate it. I put fans on all the plants last night. One oscillating and one straight on the plants blowing lightly. I kept the lights on all night. Now that I woke up and see the weather is going to be clear and 85 I put the 3 gallon potted TW auto in the garden under direct sunlight. The three smaller pots are on the porch under direct sunlight. Is this ok to do????????You asked in your post to me what soil I was using, I am using Bumper Crop Gardeners Gold Organic potting soil, I got it at the Nursery near my house, it says it is PH'd thats all I know. I will tell you everything is says on the front of the bag k. Master Nursery Bumper Crop Organic Garcdners Gold Potting soil specially formulated for house plants and outdoor containers. All Natural ingredients Sphagnum aged bark, Perlite composted manure, Lobster and crab shells, Ph adjusted

Now that sounds like a good plan..The soil you got sounds great..hopefully does not have time release nutes in it..
Not sure what they mean by "ph'd"..Cannabis soil grow needs PH of like 6.2-6.8 for proper food uptake.
Happy Growing and I hope that I helped you a bit! :)

I suggest during Veg, light on 18hrs and off 6 hrs..when ready to flower..12 on and 12 off..so the plants think winter is coming and flower their little butts off..LOL

Buzzer777

I tested the PH yesterday and it was not good around 5.5, I used PH up by General Hydroponics PH control Kit. Have you had to Up your PH before and if so how did you do it?????

Yeah, the stretching is lack of light- add light! Lol
No more nutes... leave them alone for a while. Just feed ph'd water with no nutes for a couple weeks.
And let them dry a little between watering. Less is more at this stage except for light- 24/0 or 18/6 but keep it constant and more light to keep them from stretching so much.
They will reward you the less you do right now.

Thank you so much for your reply. I will do exactly that. I do Have one question. They are 3 weeks old and I have given them very little Nutes, do you think I should go 2 weeks without Nutes still????????

I use General Hydrophonics PH Up and PH down when needed..
PH in soil grows is nit as critical as it is in Hydro..

Careful..your soil sounds as though it contains enough food for over 30days (crustaceans are excellent).
Suggest no nutes foe maybe 2-3 more weeks..if the tips of the leaves start to turn color or curl..it is the beginning of NUTE BURN!

OMG, I didnt know that thank you, thank you, thank you. No Nutes for sure. and no water for awhile. Ya some of the leaves are doing that. I hope when I PH'd them up that I flushed some of those nutes. I will do exactly what you guys have told me and hopefully in a week I can post some beautys for you, we will see. Is there anything else I should know??????I thank you so very much for all your help:thanks::high-five:

Thank you so much for your reply. I will do exactly that. I do Have one question. They are 3 weeks old and I have given them very little Nutes, do you think I should go 2 weeks without Nutes still????????

Yes...

Focus on light more than anything. Again, if they get dry, let them then water the next day. Just use plain old water. If you were in coco, It would be different, but qualify soil- truth me told- and water and light- will give you medicine. Nutes helps but in good rich soil- not technically needed. A baby, like you have there- just needs you to keep her in a moderate temp, moderate humidity, and lots of light. Soil has everything else.
Now if you want to add nutes- give it a few weeks for her to grow and get beefier, then only do maybe 20-40% of recommended amount- trust me- less is best.. you can worry about testing the limits another time- first just get to know your plants.
So wait 3 weeks before adding nutes- imo- if you were in coco or hydro- totally different answer.

She will be happy and you will be happy!

i just want to say thank you so much for taking the time to help me. This is not something you can just go talk to anyone about and yoru info has been more than helpful.:thanks::green_heart:

Another thing I would add to our friends advice is to allow the water your using (if tap water)to sit for at least a day in a bucket (I use 2), to allow the chlorine in it to evaporate.

know anything about LST

I do. Fimming, topping, manifold and a scrog- plus a ton of lst.
Here's the thing, focus on fat and happy trunk, deep roots and green leaves. Everything comes.
As a new grower, I would suggest learning about manifolding, also called mainlining.
It will increase yields and can teach you about training.
Don't worry about any of that for another month..right now you need to lean patience. That was hardest for me. Wanted to water as soon as they looked dry, want to trim and bend around... all of its fine but you have weeks before you need to do any of it.
I would really avoid any more water for a bit. Let them get dry. Something someone else said got me thinking.. when they are as long as yours, they can get heavy, that's why I say lay off the water. You think it helps support them but doesn't help at all. Just avoid too much air hitting them directly, and no major heat. In a week you will know if they are fighters or just didn't make it.

I think they will thrive like crazy myself! Just Give them a couple days at least to get comfortable.

Lst or stem training is the act of training your plants to grow wide and low while in Veg stage. Once they flip to flower, they will still gain height, but not much (maybe 1/3 of your plants height). There is a forum on here specifically for Auto flowering plants and a lot of advice on training them.

Back
Top Bottom