Questionable first pair of spear leaves

Darknesh

Strain: N/A
Indica, Sativa or Hybrid: N/A
How Many Plants: 3
Vegetative State
How Long: May 28th, 2017 Approx 4 weeks.
Indoor
Soil
If Soil: Potting Soil
Lighting: 1 12w LED Flood Full spectrum grow light (warmwhite 2700K, Red 660nm, and 630nm, blue 460nm) and then a normal reptile heat lamp and CFL(?) lamp for extra heat and lighting in hopes that it'll help and keeps the closet 25c.
Is it Air Cooled: There's a fan in there.
Temperature of Room/Cabinet: 25C
Any Pests: None
How Often are you Watering: Everytime it's dry an inch or so deep. Aprrox every 2 days
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used: I give them some Schultz concetrate plant nutirents, 15-5-5 for veg.

Problem:
The first set of 2 spear leaves are flexing their muscles so it seems (drooping down). I read that the leaves naturally age and you should pick off the old leaves so the plant can conentrate on the new ones? I'm wondering if this is the case or if they just need some love, would appreciate expert advice. First time growing and i plan to FIM them once there's 5 or more nodes.

3c4e2c973d0359f7dd1140a25cc0ec80.jpg
8fac8c7f0b2b8d7dbb3674f0bfde6d4f.jpg
4d35ee5e34e0fefafd37930b91de29ab.jpg

They are wanting more light. Get some 5000k or higher led or cfl bulbs. Put about four inches above.
420-magazine-mobile1610058397.jpg
Something like this.

What do you recommend I setup instead? Spent $40 on that grow light hoping it'd be worth it lol. I don't have too much funding for this but im open to suggestion on what I need to improve this, and I have to use Amazon.ca. I'm just using a 2 prong extension cord to get outlets in my little closet thats covered by a blanket hanging infront. I also dont have very much for tools, that growlight is just gorilla taped to the roof and then because the tape sucks i nailed the tape in (lol). Im also watering with half a litre of tap water with 3 drops of schultz orchid nutrients, high nitrogen for veg?
31f683a87223c96dacf37537c5d7e7ac.jpg
8d746b1cca611a671467e65dbf736bae.jpg
217c088eb73f6f46a6c43a1684097e5f.jpg
d3b918e42f55f43f9a86ba9d57002a15.jpg

I do have a great window with plenty of warm sun though i could put them in for hot days?
5e608a53bc10caf5904f2722ab7ead98.jpg

Either of those can get you a couple ounces. Not 8 oz but 2 or 3. I personally have a friend with the first light. He grew some good herb with it. Not huge quantities and not rock solid buds, but damn good herb that he made himself. The second one i have not used but have 2 that are very similar. The good thing is they will barely bother ur electric bill, they won't make it too hot, and they will work! The lights will need to be close to avoid stretching. Lst is gold in my opinion. As far as quality bashers go, there are some for every product on Earth. What matters is what's right for u. If that yield is good for you and the price is good for you.... Best wishes brotha!

Alright, I ordered the Mars one, so I'm thinking I'll just put the tiny flood light underneath to give it some use and to provide some extra light under the leaves or waste of time? I read that the Vipar as much nicer as it looks to me isnt a full spectrum oh.. and apparently they may catch fire as the certificate is fake so I just went ahead with the mars one, more rating and more widely known so I'll trust it more

that led must be lowered ... oh and if you put that led at 4 inch you will fry your plants ... flourescent can go that low even as low as 2 inch

they reason your plant are so stretchy is cause they grow towards the light to get more of it ... and im afraid that 12w led that probably uses about 8 is not giving enough of it ... how much watt is a mars 1 ?

Your placement of lights looks way better. I was in a similar situation on my first grow (tall stretching plants that were very weak). Look up some stress training... it is your best friend. Even if you don't top or fim, some LST helps them grow thicker and stronger. Don't worry about putting down big $, just grow some happy girls with happy flowers!

I plan on fimming them, because I only want to grow 2 good ones so I want to see which I like the most then do something else with the others. When do you suggest I fim? And which stress training would you suggest to make them stronger? I hate that they are so lanky lol

I plan on fimming them, because I only want to grow 2 good ones so I want to see which I like the most then do something else with the others. When do you suggest I fim? And which stress training would you suggest to make them stronger? I hate that they are so lanky lol

the only stress training that i know that really makes them stronger is supercropping ... look it up on youtube to get a idea what that is ... it may look scary at first but you would be surprised what cannabis can take and what it does for your plants...

on the lights ... you get from your plants what you put in ... cannabis will grow and flower under any wattage but... and here it comes ... growers tend to measure their succes in grams per watt ... and only the more experienced growers reach the magical 1g/W ... most growers can reach 0.5 - 0.7 g/W ... you were using a 12w led that usually is set at 2/3 cappacity for longevity reasons but lets count the 12w ... and also like 3x18w cfl ? thats 66W at 0.5g/W you can expect 33g about 1.0 Oz ... now those same plants under 300w Led may yield you 150g .... how much is that when ye get it from the street ??? still think leds are expensive ? i dont hehe cause to me that amount compares to 1600 - 1700 $

And I've also attempted to FIM 2 of them, I'm hoping someone could tell me if I did okay or if I should fix it if I can. I want to put them in flowering stage soon because I dkng want them getting too tall, they are about 5 weeks old, is that okay or when should I.
420-magazine-mobile1702756357.jpg

420-magazine-mobile706596124.jpg

Kinda looks like a topping more then a fim but I'm pretty baked. Congrats on the new light! If I was in your situation I'd let my girls acclimate to the new light before flipping to flower. If you are worried about height maybe try some lst. If the plants think they can't go up they'll grow outwards. Also what size pot is that? I wouldn't flip to flower before they were in their final pots. You are on the way to your own herb, congrats!

Back
Top Bottom