Yellow leaves and clawing

JimiGrows

What Strain is it? Sour Jack from CKS
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? 75% Sativa
How Many Plants? 3 SJ plants, only 1 showing the symptom
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? In flower since 25-April-2017 (32 days)
Indoor or Outdoor? Soil or Hydro? If Soil... What is in your Mix? If Soil... What Size Pot?
Indoor soil grow using PRO-MIX all-purpose HP with Mycorrhizae in 5 gallon Smart Pots
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 1, 600W HPS
Is it Air Cooled? Yes
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 70-77F (21-25C)
RH of Room/Cabinet? 60%
PH of Medium or Reservoir? Haven't checked
Any Pests? No
How Often are you Watering? 1-2 times/week
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? General Organics line-up. Added half strength Flower Fuel (1-34-32) to last feeding after I saw first symptoms
Size or Square Footage of Room? 16sq ft (4x4x6.5 ft tent)

I noticed leaves are really yellowing and the lower part of the plant have browned (brown leaves in lower left of pictures). Ends of almost all the leaves are now clawing downwards. This morning I saw that some large roots near the stem are above the soil. I guess I created some erosion while watering it after transplant that I'm now fixing. Is this a Phosphorus deficiency? Thanks!

IMG_20170527_070347.jpg
IMG_20170527_070329.jpg

Adding two pictures using only flash so you all can see the coloring better. The first is a healthier plant, and the second is the sickly plant. Yes, it's way too crowded in there, but I underestimated the sprawl of this sativa.

As another data point, the closest leaves to the light are 16 inches away. Most of the "burnt" and/or clawing leaves are 2ft away.

IMG_20170527_084300.jpg

IMG_20170527_084244.jpg

The yellowing hasn't worsened, but the clawing hasn't gone away either. Tonight I'm feeding them with the normal GO Box flower schedule and adding a full dose of Flower Fuel for the P & K.

This is just me....but I would try flushing them and not feeding for a bit. I found that many of my problems stemmed from not absorbing the right nutes - not that they weren't available. When the PH goes awry, there are certain nutes that the plant can't absorb.

Also, flushing can't really do you any harm. :Namaste:

Everyone is looking really good, Jimi - nice work :bravo:

This is just me....but I would try flushing them and not feeding for a bit. I found that many of my problems stemmed from not absorbing the right nutes - not that they weren't available. When the PH goes awry, there are certain nutes that the plant can't absorb.

Also, flushing can't really do you any harm. :Namaste:

Everyone is looking really good, Jimi - nice work :bravo:

You're probably right... Soaking would have been the safe bet. Unfortunately I just fed them again. We'll see. Last feed didn't make them magically better, but it did stop the yellowing further. The claw-ing is the same, but since I reported this it hasn't yellowed to browned now. I really soaked them good this time :bitingnails:

Oh well, I'm prepared to flush tomorrow if I've made a terrible mistake.

Any updates on the yellowing leaves? I'm having a similar issue with the same strain. As soon as I went into flowering, fan leaves started yellowing and dying.

Well, boosting the P & K while in flowering seemed to help at least stop the spread of the yellowing. It's nice and green near buds when I left them earlier in the week. I watered them with only Ph adjusted water when I left so we'll see how they manage when I get back home soon. They look good from the remote camera, but the color is hard to tell on it.

I honestly think this strain is very sensitive to certain types of stress. During veg I noticed severe yellowing just like this when I topped 2 of them... and only the 2 I topped. I've read that stress can induce a Phosphorus deficiency which is what this looks like. But at this point I'm only making an educated guess. I'm wondering if the massive stretch during flowering also induced a P deficiency.

As always, check your runoff ph and adjust if needed. If the ph is fine add more P&K if in flower (I've been using Flower Fuel for that).

Good luck to you all! I'll update with pictures this weekend.

They definitely stressed out you can see it from the purple stems, a proper flush maybe stop using nutrients for a bit will get those levels looking right again. Putting them on a 12/12 cycle could get them back in shape during there flowering stage.

Adding two pictures using only flash so you all can see the coloring better. The first is a healthier plant, and the second is the sickly plant. Yes, it's way too crowded in there, but I underestimated the sprawl of this sativa.

As another data point, the closest leaves to the light are 16 inches away. Most of the "burnt" and/or clawing leaves are 2ft away.

IMG_20170527_084300.jpg

IMG_20170527_084244.jpg

To me this could also be hot spots from your light your walls look very reflective what kind of light are you running

You have a calcium and magnesium deficiency to start. Raise your light, use a cal mag product. You have a couple weeks of healing, so leave that light far away.

Back
Top Bottom