Having trouble with seedling humidity: Please help!

saulgoodman18

420 Member
Hi Guys,

I am a first time grower and I am very close to embarking on this voyage.
So like many others I have been researching, researching and you guessed it more researching.
I have completed the grow room setup 1 meter by 1 meter.
I have an intake and outtake fan working through a controller to help maintain temperatures (which is seems to do nicely).
Before I germinate my seeds I wanted to have a fair understanding of the environment and different stages of the grow (seedling, vegetation, flowering).
In regards to manipulating temps and humidity, I have heard I should be aiming for 65-70% RH. with temps of 20-25c during the seedling stage.
Once it is all running I can hit the temps well enough (the intake and outtake fans are cranking to keep the temps in range around 35-45% RH), but the humidity I can't get close to 70%.
To help with this I invested in a 5 liter humidifier, but it does not seem to have made any difference.
I understand that temperatures and humidity go hand in hand yet when I check the temp it's rather cool and breezy, so I wonder how I am to achieve such high humidity during the seedling stage?
I have read it is quite important to have high humidity at this stage so I would like to get it right.
As I do not have any plants in my grow just yet, I feel like all the negative space might be the issue.
Maybe once the plants are in place inside their 8 litre pots it will allow me to bring the humidity within the range I want to hit far easier?
Is my logic here correct or not?
Lastly, I have a Propagator which I could use but I really want to avoid transplanting the plants, as not doing so would be less stressful on the plants as well as less hassle.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Having trouble with seedling humidity, PLEASE HELP!

Hey, thanks for the fast response! What I have been testing today is a Propagator. I seem to be able to hit high humidity with ease! So I think during the seedling stage il have them spend as much time in there as possible. After the seedling stage Humidity levels seem to go much lower from 70% down to 40% throughout the vegging stage. I can hit that level of humidity out of the Propagator nicely I should think. I have thought able turning the intake fan off from time to time, but then I imagine temperatures will rise quite drastically? How do you deal with that? And what temps are you aiming for if you wouldn't mind me asking.

Re: Having trouble with seedling humidity, PLEASE HELP!

Hey, thanks for the fast response! What I have been testing today is a Propagator. I seem to be able to hit high humidity with ease! So I think during the seedling stage il have them spend as much time in there as possible. After the seedling stage Humidity levels seem to go much lower from 70% down to 40% throughout the vegging stage. I can hit that level of humidity out of the Propagator nicely I should think. I have thought able turning the intake fan off from time to time, but then I imagine temperatures will rise quite drastically? How do you deal with that? And what temps are you aiming for if you wouldn't mind me asking.
The temps raise a few degrees when I turn the exhaust fan on, but never above 82 degrees F. I think ideal temps are 70-80

I grow in our house and we keep our temp between 65-75. Humidity level in tent stays about 50% on average. I don't even bother with humidity level except to keep it down after watering plants when the buds are getting big. During summer with indoor temp about 74, I vent the tent otherwise humidity level gets up to about 70% when the plants are big if the tent stays closed up.
I'm a newer grower but grown other plants and it is a plant. Pretty hardy too with just basic care. We tossed out a male and a month later, it was still alive and grown more. Lows at night getting into the 40's. Kinda surprised me.

Back
Top Bottom