My leaves look like clam shells!

MazGrow

Hello friends, so im a little new to the webseite and not 100% sure im posting in the right forum but ive got a few questions to ask and hopefully someone can help me out, ive been growing for a few years and never came across anything like this before. I recently started half a dozen new seedlings around 2 days ago and theyve grown quite nice, but 2 of them seem to be mutated of some sort i think im not really sure. 1 of them has leaves that are growing like clamshells ?!?! and the other plants leaves are just really deformed looking, there not round like the other one but they just dont look normal. ive came across mutations in clones before but never in seeds before......maybe a rare strand on the one? the other one i think has a deficiency or something im not sure. pictures below.:thumb:
IMG_058257.JPG
IMG_057949.JPG

Hello friends, so im a little new to the webseite and not 100% sure im posting in the right forum but ive got a few questions to ask and hopefully someone can help me out, ive been growing for a few years and never came across anything like this before. I recently started half a dozen new seedlings around 2 days ago and theyve grown quite nice, but 2 of them seem to be mutated of some sort i think im not really sure. 1 of them has leaves that are growing like clamshells ?!?! and the other plants leaves are just really deformed looking, there not round like the other one but they just dont look normal. ive came across mutations in clones before but never in seeds before......maybe a rare strand on the one? the other one i think has a deficiency or something im not sure. pictures below.:thumb:
IMG_058257.JPG
IMG_057949.JPG
I have a couple sprouts like that right now also autos from sweet seeds, I am giving them a lil bit of time see if they fix themselves

I have a couple sprouts like that right now also autos from sweet seeds, I am giving them a lil bit of time see if they fix themselves

thanks for the reply buddy, you have a couple sprouts with the round leaves or the deformed ones? and what auto seeds are they off sweet seeds? I checked the site but they show alot of autos lol.

Haha cool! Gotta love the strange starters. How did you germinate? Rock wool cube or something? I've had a strange start to a sprout, pic will follow.

420-magazine-mobile538473670.jpg

Is a WWxBig Bud auto

ya i thinks the circle leaves look prtty cool honestly, I kinda hope they continue to grow the same shape lol ill post more pics of it in a couple days, and ive always germinated seeds in moist napkins between 2 small saucer plates or a cup of distilled water, once the tap roots are like a cm long i drop them right into some organic soil. never tryed rockwool cubes before tho lol

ya man ill keep ya posted :thumb:
ill check on them later tonight when im home and post a few more photos of the 'clamshell' haha

MrCrab??? How's the clamshells? My backwards baby is chugging along .
420-magazine-mobile358068081.jpg

Ayy Grim! there growing amazing actually....but the leave stopped growing like clamshells lol :C
I think the other plant might be a male but im not 100% sure yet...ill have to wait and see.... lol
and noice sprout buddy...hopefully she pulls through!

ill post a couple pic below of my babys:thumb:
File_00011.jpeg
File_00110.jpeg
File_00212.jpeg

Ayy Grim! there growing amazing actually....but the leave stopped growing like clamshells lol :C
I think the other plant might be a male but im not 100% sure yet...ill have to wait and see.... lol
and noice sprout buddy...hopefully she pulls through!

ill post a couple pic below of my babys:thumb:
File_00011.jpeg
File_00110.jpeg
File_00212.jpeg

Woah man nice, there going along strongly! How long is that since they sprouted?

use LED grow lights man they work the best, and ya there nice and strong, it been a week today i think, i planted them in soil on the 30th and they sprouted on the 1st :thumb:
i have 2 other sprouts out of the 6 i started that survived but there a tad smaller, still very healthy tho and they dont looked all deformed like these 2 odd balls lol xD the one is Kings Kush and i have no idea what the other 3 are haha ill post some more pics tonight if i have the time dude.

use LED grow lights man they work the best, and ya there nice and strong, it been a week today i think, i planted them in soil on the 30th and they sprouted on the 1st :thumb:
i have 2 other sprouts out of the 6 i started that survived but there a tad smaller, still very healthy tho and they dont looked all deformed like these 2 odd balls lol xD the one is Kings Kush and i have no idea what the other 3 are haha ill post some more pics tonight if i have the time dude.

What lights have you got / light schedule / distance? I've got a low watt LED and a high watt LED panel but still working out the best run times / distances for them.

What lights have you got / light schedule / distance? I've got a low watt LED and a high watt LED panel but still working out the best run times / distances for them.

I'm using a Bestva 1000w led grow light, it actually only uses 185 watts but compares to a 1000w hps, it's for a 4.7'x5' grow area, it's at 18'' or 1.5' above my plants. I run a 18 hr cycle, 6am to 12pm. My room temp is around 78-82f and my humidity is around 30-35rh. I water every other day . No nutrients just organic soil. The light was $205 on Amazon I'll put link bellow so you can check it out buddy. LED Grow Light, BESTVA 1000W Double Chips Full Spectrum Plant Grow Lamp for Greenhouse Hydroponic Indoor Plants Veg and Flower:Amazon

If the light pulls 185W - how can it be the same effect as a 1000W HPS? I bought a couple of $200 600W LED's on eBay and also a 300W LED. I'm happy with the results but they are definitely not comparable to the 600W HPS lights I bought for flowering. I think these Chinese LED manufacturers make these claims that are simply untrue. Which is fine, given you get what you pay for - but as long as the buyer is aware of their actual strength and their grow space requirements. e.g. I use all 3 LED lights ('1,500 watts' total) in my 1.2m x 1.2m tent and it is perfect for veg plants. No way could I put 1,500 watts of HPS in that space! Just FYI..
P.S. Regardless of the Bestva claims, your babies are looking really good!!

If the light pulls 185W - how can it be the same effect as a 1000W HPS? I bought a couple of $200 600W LED's on eBay and also a 300W LED. I'm happy with the results but they are definitely not comparable to the 600W HPS lights I bought for flowering. I think these Chinese LED manufacturers make these claims that are simply untrue. Which is fine, given you get what you pay for - but as long as the buyer is aware of their actual strength and their grow space requirements. e.g. I use all 3 LED lights ('1,500 watts' total) in my 1.2m x 1.2m tent and it is perfect for veg plants. No way could I put 1,500 watts of HPS in that space! Just FYI..
P.S. Regardless of the Bestva claims, your babies are looking really good!!

hey man, so im not sure what brand of led's you have but they most likely are lying to you , or the led diodes are very small and only shine in a 45 degree angle, if thats the case you may be putting out more lummens then your 600w hps but only in a area of around 1.5' x 1.5'. anything outside that range will be starving for light. your hps might produce less light then your led's but over a greater coverage area making it a better choice. my LED lights have big 10watt led diodes that shine at 120 degrees, good for almost a 5' x 5' grow area. and yes you do get what you pay for so make sure you do your research on the coverage area and the size of the diodes before purchasing. just beacause it says 600w doesnt mean anything, the actual consumption of a so called ''600w'' led light is probly like 80watts. and also the height of your light to plants has alot to do with it. how close did you run your led lights to your plants??

But anyways thanks buddy! love to hear the good feedback! theyre around 2 weeks old now and looking very healthy, quite a bit bigger then the last photos i posted though, perhaps ill post some new photos tonight if i get the time! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom