Best solution for leaf miners?

KushGod

Hi guys. I'm an outdoor grower based in the UK and this year I've been unfortunate enough to have a few issues with leaf miners, those little buggers that create tunnels in between your fan leaves and conveniently for them are hidden between the plant leaf natural skin walls. I've never had a leaf miner issue before in all my time outdoor growing so my question is this......

What organic/natural pesticide sprays will take care of the leaf miners and how do I apply it most efficiently considering they are actually inside the leaf and not on it?

Is squishing the bug inside the leaf enough or should I remove all the affected fan leaves or leave them on the plant?

Also I've been reading that many different bugs lay leaf mining eggs so how to I prevent further outbreaks best?

I'm reluctant to use chemical pesticides unless they are bee friendly and safe for the earth so what's my best solution guys? I've never really had many bug issues before beyond whitefly and aphids so this issue is new to me, pesky leaf miners will meet their end today but I need the fastest most effective way of elimination.

Thanks in advance for anyone who chirps in with some solutions.

KG

This was the same situation that has happened with my cousin last week. He got all her plants infected with the miners all over. But really thanks to the Davis pest control service who helped him in the recovery of the plant through their pest control. He was first afraid that the chemicals will fully infect his plants, but the team took care of it and gave him a healthy pest control service.

This was the same situation that has happened with my cousin last week. He got all her plants infected with the miners all over. But really thanks to the Davis pest control service who helped him in the recovery of the plant through their pest control. He was first afraid that the chemicals will fully infect his plants, but the team took care of it and gave him a healthy pest control service.

Are these purchasable products?

One of the beneficials that kills leaf miners is a tiny wasp called Leafminer Parasitoid (Diglyphus isaea).

I take it Amazon won't stock those? Lol. I've heard about these predatory wasps but as an outdoor grower I can't contain them in the grow area, the only way I could use them is when they are in the flowering shed during light deprivation dark hours. I'll certainly look into it and appreciate the response. I resorted to crushing them between my fingers whilst they were in the fan leaf yesterday and so far I see no further damage or outbreaks. I'm considering an organic pesticide if any other bugs fancy their chances but in an ideal world I'd prefer not to if possible. Thanks again for the reply and help

Back
Top Bottom