Need help! She's hurt can't figure out pH!

Blackpanth

What Strain is it? not to sure it's a bag seed.
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Think it's sativa
How Many Plants? Just 1
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Vegetative
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? From germanation to now she's about 2 months 1 week old
If in Flowering Stage... How Long?
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor and outdoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If Hydro, Reservoir size?
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature?
If Hydro, what type of Medium?
If Hydro, what type of Setup?
If Soil... What is in your Mix? Just happy frog soil and that's all. just transplanted her into this from the oceans soil seemed like she didn't like that quite to much. Also I thought the ph of the frog soil was suppose to be from 6.3-6.8 or something that's why I got it and it was at 8? Not to sure why...
If Soil... What Size Pot? Just transplanted from 3 gal to 5 gal
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? One 125 cfl
Is it Air Cooled? There is a fan in there.
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? Outside temperature
RH of Room/Cabinet?
PH of Medium or Reservoir? See this has been the problem since day 5 haven't been able to figure this out it's stuck at around 8-7.4 wherever the needle is seems like it's between those two numbers but I watered her with 6.5 phed water and the run off is about 7.4-7.7 with the water ph meter not to sure why that is so I let the water all drain and and now I'm letting her sit to dry out a little.
Any Pests? No
How Often are you Watering? 4-7 days depending or until the top of the medium is dry...
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? Only useing that happy frog soil stuff thought there were bites already in it
Size or Square Footage of Room? 6x4 tent
image38093.jpg
image38094.jpg
IMG_068550.JPG
IMG_067953.JPG

Just my humble opinion, but those cheapo three way meters are maybe good for a ballpark figure, or at least sometimes they might be close ;). Soil more forgiving far as PH goes (again IMHO ;) :rofl:), personally I PH my water 6.0-6.3 range (but I'm using the PH tape color stuff so it's as accurate as the drops but still more so than those cheapo multi meters) if it is in the 6-6.5 range I leave it alone and use it. So far that has worked for me far as I know, but I don't have a year under my belt yet either and I've been thru about all the other issues possible pretty much ;) (you can meander thru my Anti Journal Journal and see them and results I have had so far).

And go by the new growth as that is the tell tale sign (old leaves can be previous problems or just the plant using them up to put the energy into new growth), can't completely tell by the pic but it looks a healthy shade of green to me (upper leaves).

Thanks you for the reply but it's the soil I don't know how to drop the ph in it to6.5.. so question if I put 6.5 it's coming out 7.4 if I put in 5.6 will it come out 6.5? Or even more like 5.0 water and it comes out 5.9 even idk I'm just confused

I wouldn't go much under a 6 for PH on the water personally. You don't want to do too many things at once as you won't know what the problem was if it gets better, as from your other thread it looks like you transplanted it yesterday and that kinda puts them into shock as it is. Hopefully someone will chime in that worries about the PH of the soil as it's not something I worry about personally, as IMHO it is a weed and grows out in the wild and I can't imagine the conditions outside being anywhere near "stable" all the time far as moisture and PH and PPM's and all that good stuff ;) . Again just in my opinion, but I think you can kill the plant faster screwing with too many things or trying to overthink it than if you just ride it out, my plants in that thread went thru some issues but I still got some decent buds off of them, too much water and feeding nutrients too often are what I worry about and try and control (wait till pots light to water and use just regular water w/o nutrients every 2nd or 3rd feeding depending on how they look after feeding).

Thanks on the quick reply again and that's what I'm scared I'm doing is killing her but hopefully I can get it figure out yeah I was just going to let her sit out for a couple days till she dries a little and see how she does I'll go ahead and just put 6.0 water in her then to see if that changes anything I appreciate the help! And if anyone else knows about the soil ph thing that would be great to know as well I heard sulfur drops ph but takes awhile to react wish they had something that reacted faster lol but who knows..

I think your plant is fine- and your soil is fine. Just throw that meter in the garbage. If you stop worrying about your soil ph and just forget the whole issue, you'll both feel better. Ph in soil isn't normally much of an issue, and you're using a known mix. The ph is fine. That meter is the problem.

Okay just makes me wonder when stuff pops up like I'm not doing something right lol alright I'll just let it sit for awhile and I'll see how she turns out

Well your plant looks happy. So I think you're doing fine. No need to implement emergency measures till there's an actual problem. If you're still worried about the ph, and I see no reason why you should be, then I think it would make the most sense to get a good meter as step one. I doubt if yours is reliable - because those kind generally aren't.
Here's something you can try- test it against something with a known ph. These numbers may vary a little but should be close.

Lemon juice- 2
Vinegar- 2.2
Wine and beer- 4
Cheddar cheese- 5.9
Distilled water- 7
Baking soda- 8.3

I didn't really get that question- but what I was trying to say is that often the cheaper soil ph meters, like the one you pictured, are not reliable. Maybe test it to see if it actually gives an accurate reading. The way you do that is to test something with a known ph such as I listed, or with ph calibration fluid, to see if the meter is saying what it should.

I'm with Weasel. Your plants look fine. I was having an issue with one of my plants and turns out 99% of the problem was me over thinking it and staring at her til I created an issue in my head, lol. Give her time, let her dry up a bit. As someone else mentioned, if you do try to correct an issue (whatever it may be), don't throw everything at your plant at once or you'll never learn what caused the issue or how you fixed it.

Thanks you for the reply but it's the soil I don't know how to drop the ph in it to6.5.. so question if I put 6.5 it's coming out 7.4 if I put in 5.6 will it come out 6.5? Or even more like 5.0 water and it comes out 5.9 even idk I'm just confused

My experience so far has led me to understand the importance of a consistant environment. The way I think about it is your plant is as confused as you. It keeps getting a new environment to adjust to. I was told this by an experienced grower. Spend more time creating and maintaining the plants home and less time overthinking a few numbers on a questionable piece of equipment.

My experience so far has led me to understand the importance of a consistant environment. The way I think about it is your plant is as confused as you. It keeps getting a new environment to adjust to. I was told this by an experienced grower. Spend more time creating and maintaining the plants home and less time overthinking a few numbers on a questionable piece of equipment.

A cheap ph test kit is all you need. Keep things very basic.

That plant looks great to me, lets settle into this, get her into a happy environment. I wouldnt give her anything but bottled spring water till you get rid of any variables and get her stabilized. I dont see any indication of sex yet from the pics. I would put her in veg conditions, assuming its female, lights 19/5 at 20 inches give her some plain bottled water and go away for three days. Check her a couple times a day but otherwise order that basic grow book and obsess over that and leave the plant alone.

Okay thank you everyone with a reply I'll post a picture in a week and I will keep you updated on the progress I do appreciate all the help everyone!

Hey there BlackP, everyone here is pretty much rite on. PH is important so I would do as they say and get you a good ph meter and if you can a soil tester. Some good ones do both. But just R/0 water for now to kinda reset everything. Really just leave it alone a couple days and see what it does. It really isn't that bad. Looks good. Here's a graph also that might help you out. Good luck!
420-magazine-mobile656231389.jpg

Hey there BlackP, everyone here is pretty much rite on. PH is important so I would do as they say and get you a good ph meter and if you can a soil tester. Some good ones do both. But just R/0 water for now to kinda reset everything. Really just leave it alone a couple days and see what it does. It really isn't that bad. Looks good. Here's a graph also that might help you out. Good luck!
420-magazine-mobile656231389.jpg

And it's companion piece
420-magazine-mobile1290288130.jpg

And it's companion piece
420-magazine-mobile1290288130.jpg
Let me interject here for a second GTR.....if i may......so if each of the minerals on the left is the cause, how did the minerals on the right get affected? Are they usually lower or higher? And if so, how do you lower or higher their Trace Amounts in your soil?

Let me interject here for a second GTR.....if i may......so if each of the minerals on the left is the cause, how did the minerals on the right get affected? Are they usually lower or higher? And if so, how do you lower or higher their Trace Amounts in your soil?

Dont put too much of anything in and you wont have to worry about takin anything out

Back
Top Bottom