Deficiency question

suparobg

I need some help identifying this problem. its the yellow lines on the leaves

here are a few pics
image2-7.JPG
image3-5.JPG
image4-3.JPG
image1-12.JPG

It looks more like light bleaching than a deficiency. The other larger leaves I can see in the pics don't seem to be affected so it's not N or Mg. When leaves go yellow from lack of those the yellowing extends to the outer tips on the leaf edges not just at the center of the space between the veins. Unless that is happening to leaves in the same stage of growth all over that plant then it's most likely an environmental cause like a hot spot under the light.

Four pics of what looks like the same leaf aren't as helpful as a variety of pics including at least one of the whole plant. And I can't get a larger view of the pic either.

Some info about growing conditions would also help to figure out what might be going on.

Doesn't look serious.

i moved the led fixture COB's and will see tonight if that helped overnight for them.
a buddy of mine thought light bleaching, top most branch in flower 12 inches to 18 inches max. lights seem to powerful ( they are pulling from the wall over 500 watts from a "800"watt custom build.
i have 4 vero 29 gen 7's coming next week. It's a full kit driver , sliding rails for the heatsinks( passive cooling) with a small 6 inch fan clipped somewhere to be determined at a later date.

my room has 5 plants left in flower , 2x 600 HPS . "800" watt LED fixture. 300 watt LED chinese and 200 watt CFL 5000K for lighting in a 7x 10 room. 2 x 6 inch on charcoal filters. 8000 btu air conditioner in the basement to cool the room
2 isolating fans. 1 passive 16x24 inch passive intake near the ground with a furnace filter on the front of my "darkroom" macgyvered passive intake.

this new 800 watt LED is my first real high powered 3500K LED plus 2 x 100 watt red spectrum LED.

i will check tonight. if it is bleaching will the bleaching go away? or will it " scar the leaf" or should i pick it off i am week 4 flower so i do pick off the occasional leaf if it is blocking light from lower nodes.

thanks

The leaves are a bit damaged but are still working so I wouldn't take them off unless you have to.

I don't use LEDs so can't guide you there at all. I use a laser thermometer to make sure my 1000W HID doesn't bake the leaves that are closest. Should work for LED lights too. $100 on on sale for $20 so I grabbed it up. Found the cold spot that was freezing up my water pipe to the house finally too. :)

Minor war wound and I've seen lots worse.

Back
Top Bottom