1st grow and desperately needing help

RoyMoss1987

I am trying my hand at growing so I can hopefully, eventually, supply myself with a steady medicinal supply of what actually works for me. Right now the random stuff I get is way too hit or miss, and my state is behind on legalization.

With that said, I am just trying to grow 1 plant for now to get a feel for it. I went through CKS, Crop King Seeds, and I have a fem auto strain called Revolver (NYC Diesel x White Widow). It germed, I planted, and it popped up on May 16th, so it's just over 4 weeks old.

I started the grow with the same grow medium and 5 gallon bucket. I was trying to avoid transplanting since it's an auto. Also, at the start of the grow I was just using a 27 watt cheapo LED flood light type grow light. It was about 8 inches away, which is way too close for an LED. I found that out a little later than I would've liked, so I changed over to CFLs around 2 weeks into the grow. I have been running my lights 20/4, with my lights out in the evening (this is a stealth grow since my house is being remodeled by my father in law). I changed it to 18/6 last night thinking that may help.

Everything was going smoothly growing out in my garage until we had a heat wave last week. My self-made grow cabinet (32"H x 18"W x 21"D) got up to 120 on the worst day with 7 23W 65K CFL going about 6 inches from the top of the plant. I did have a fan in the cabinet, but all it I couldn't do anything about it until this week, so I moved the cabinet into my closet, have kept the cabinet open since I'm far more worried about heat stress than light loss, and have kept it between 70-80 with 45-60% humidity since then. I went down to just 4 23W bulbs and raised them another 6 inches, as well as installing a small fan that blows air just over the bucket and just under the lights along with a fan outside the cabinet pulling cold air in and circulating the air in the closet.

It was growing like crazy before the heat wave and maybe I've just been checking on it so much lately I'm not seeing it grow but I feel like it should be much bigger by this point, so I'm worried I didn't get it out of the heat soon enough.

Im growing in a 5 gallon bucket with holes drilled in the bottom and sides near the bottom. It is 2/3 filled with FoxFarm Ocean Forest. I hadn't used any nutes until yesterday (I thought I had a Nitrogen deficiency first, still not sure) and I used Espoma Organic Grow! at 2/3 strength.

In my search to figure out what I need to do to save my girl, I realized I underestimated the importance of what water I used and it's ph level. I do not have a tester yet, and probably will not be able to get one until Tuesday. The water where I live is pretty hard and I have just been using straight tapwater, not letting it stand first or anything.

After some research I am wondering if using hardwater has raised the Ph too high locking out Potassium?

420-magazine-mobile1467031321.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2097984316.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1646155176.jpg
420-magazine-mobile741788317.jpg

If anything it looks nitrogen toxicity. Dark leaves tips pointing down. I had the same issue when i used ffof. I really cant see anything else. Just hold tight and watch for any other signs. Looks good.

I'm not experienced but those cfl lights should be a lot closer...can be within few inches of her....can do the hand test if it seems too hot that close

If anything it looks nitrogen toxicity. Dark leaves tips pointing down. I had the same issue when i used ffof. I really cant see anything else. Just hold tight and watch for any other signs. Looks good.
Thank you, that actually goes right into what it looked like originally, which was nute burn (I removed a lot of the burnt parts of the leaves before realizing I shouldn't do that). I didn't think that was possible since I hadn't added nutes when the burn first showed, but have read about soil hot spots so it is possible. I'm just letting the soil dry out between waterings now and it looks like she's doing better.

The peeps on here are very helpful and I'm learning from them....if they chime in take notes
The lights are too far right now, I'm working on installing exhaust so I can drop them lower without losing control of my temps. Right now it gets too hot with them any closer.

Back
Top Bottom