Day 20 SnowBud - Too small? Slow growth?

Jonjones420

Hi all,

I've been reading all your contributions for months now and finally decided to sign-up.

I've started growing a SnowBud on my balcony since about 20 days. It's looking healthy but doesn't grow as fast as I've hoped, do you think something is wrong after 20 days? I'll try to add a link to the image.

Thanks,

Jon

Re: Day 20 SnowBud, too small? Slow growth?

qtiXso5_d.jpg

Yea thats small for 20 days. Could be your soil or whatever. I see lots of wood and no perlite not ideal. It needs good airy soil with minimal wood. Hows the temps. Add any nuits yet? Looks healthy tho. Wish you luck.

Yea thats small for 20 days. Could be your soil or whatever. I see lots of wood and no perlite not ideal. It needs good airy soil with minimal wood. Hows the temps. Add any nuits yet? Looks healthy tho. Wish you luck.

Thanks for the reply. I have changed the soil in the meantime, no more wood just soil and perlite and it seems to grow faster now, still looking very healthy. Temperatures look good to me, between 25 and 34 degrees celcius in a dry climate, is that alright?

I am going on a trip for 5 days, hopefully it will stay heathy.

Ill try to get back here and post another image to show how it evolved.

Edit: no nutes yet, should I start giving it nutes?

Idk Celsius its its like 65 80F is a good range i think. I would put it in a lil tray of water or a heavy water if your taking off just in case. You could try a low dose of nuits. What are u using? Is there any nuits in ur soil. Dry climate that could be another major factor for slow growth but im sure it will do just fine. Post another pic when you can.

image38108.jpg

Back from my trip. Before I left I gave it a good watering, no nutes yet.
Looks like she grew a bit and still looking healthy :) what do you think?

I'll start giving nutes in a few days, I have some Plagron Terra Bloom and am planning tu use about 25% of the recommended amount.

image38108.jpg

Back from my trip. Before I left I gave it a good watering, no nutes yet.
Looks like she grew a bit and still looking healthy :) what do you think?

I'll start giving nutes in a few days, I have some Plagron Terra Bloom and am planning tu use about 25% of the recommended amount.
Looks good. Yea start at 1/4 strength and work ur way up.

nice to see the girls after a few days off isn't it. They sure like seeing you, whatever you did to them it worked.
Excellent to see my baby girl after a few days, and still looking great. I'm hoping for some faster growth roght now. Will try to keep you posted and provide some more pictures.

I had the same problem, changing the soil did help plus I gave it some compost tea.
For me I think I was lacking light, now my plant has a good 10-12 hour exposure.
Check out my before & after pics...
20170615_140521.jpg
20170629_121438.jpg

Small upate for those following this thread.

I have started giving 1/4 nutes now, she seems to like it! I'm a little worried about the light she's getting but you cannot change the weather.
I'm seeing some progress on the bottom, are new leafs coming out here?
IMG_016462.JPG

She's about 14 cm in height now, that's about twice the size of 11 days ago. Any advise on speeding this up? More water or more nutes?

Some more pics:
IMG_016263.JPG
IMG_016861.JPG

Back
Top Bottom