What is going on with my WW?

DemeterCeres

I started a WW seed in a Hydro bubbler setup, she is now in week three of veg. I have no idea what is wrong with her. I have never had nutrient deficiencies before, and I've not changed anything toy setup.

It looks like a magnesium or calcium deficiency for a bit then it sets and curls the leaf ends.

I have just changed out the water yesterday, fresh nutes. I'm using the GH trio and a CalMag supp as well.

What does this look like to you guys?

420-magazine-mobile105398165.jpg

420-magazine-mobile24831358.jpg

A couple of the lower leaves are shot as well, they fell off to the touch...

I'm at an absolute loss. I've done nothing different with this grow. Is there a chance that my GH Trio nutrients went bad? I've had them about 2 years. No sediment at the bottom of the bottles.

To me it immediately looks calcium deficient, but I am adding CalMag to her as well, so that doesn't make sense.

I may just chuck these nutes and get new stuff...
420-magazine-mobile139967463.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1886578395.jpg

I thought so too, sorry I should have mentioned pH. I use destilled water to start, it's perfect 5.8 once I nute it and put CalMag.

I change water out every week, and temps are under 70° always.

I think I'll go ahead and assume these nutes are doing anything. They were stored for the winter in a cooler than normal place, perhaps that affected them?

Just an update to this, I bit the bullet and decided to go with a new nutrient setup. I went with Advanced Nutrients 3-part, and will finish with Bud Candy as well. It's pH perfect as well, so no need for destilled water anymore, and it keeps perfect pH for a week.

I trimmed off some of the destroyed leaves as well to open up light for the bud sites.

I'll post an update pic in a few days once she starts to recover... I hope.

Just an update to this, I bit the bullet and decided to go with a new nutrient setup. I went with Advanced Nutrients 3-part, and will finish with Bud Candy as well. It's pH perfect as well, so no need for destilled water anymore, and it keeps perfect pH for a week.

I trimmed off some of the destroyed leaves as well to open up light for the bud sites.

I'll post an update pic in a few days once she starts to recover... I hope.

Let me know how that works. I think I had PH lockout as well. Had a few leaves start turning from just one night of high PH. I posted about it here (Help! Thought it was a PH Problem.). Looks very similar anyways. But I'm a newb and not quite sure. So do let me know how that nute system works out for you.

Hey Bud your on track for sure but it's most likely a root problem when we grow in Dwc from clone, if we leave the water level to high it rots the stem causing the roots to fall right off that part I'm not exactly sure where the highest you would want water on the Taproot but what we do is a res change let the chlorine dissipate then get some beneficial bacteria in there.

One time we let it get away from us so we did a res change and a dose of h202 then 3 days later we did another res change then added in the benificials then changed the res again and added a normal amount of benificials

There are tons of products out there but we now just always use Great White as the general use, and Plus O is a liquid form of benificials when we need to get it to turn around.
They have pretty much the same bacteria, fungi, and michorizae, but we maintain a population with the Great White and we saturate the population of bad bacteria with non plant harming bacteria with the liquid stuff so hopefully the bad ones die off and basically don't have enough of the resources to live along side the good ones.
Good luck and check out FeralA9x journal he grows dwc from seed
Edit: The reason I keep saying we is I grow medical in a legal state so I got a job growing weed lol

I'm convinced it was bad nutrients, essentially looking the same as lockout. Too bad, I hope this period of time doesn't hurt her too much overall.

The good news is that the AN Trio that I purchased seems to be giving her what she wants. She is exploding. No more brown spots at all. Growth looks lush and green. No messing with ph at all either. The nutrients automatically keep the ph at 5.8 for a week. No messing with teaspoon ratio measurements, and adjusting for bloom... It's just the same amount for the whole grow. The nutrients do the work. So far, it looks to be working well.

420-magazine-mobile892903823.jpg

She is coming back very strong.

And I'm back to square one and losing my mind. As you can see from the images below, she is sick again. I can't figure it out. I'm using distilled water and using the recommended amounts of nutes from AN. It's their pH perfect trio setup. The plant seemed to love the new nutes, however, I'm witnessing again what seems to be deficiencies.

I just did water change Sunday. The day after water change there is a pond like smell in the room, but it goes away after a day or so.

Water temps are 70° or under. Air temp is 72°, humidity at 50-55%.

First week of flower just completed. I wanted to keep her small and bushy, and I know WW is known to stretch.

I just ran out of pH tester fluid, but last night she tested at 5.5-6 range as it should buffer with these nutes.

Any idea what is going on? I'm afraid these issues are going to seriously hurt my yields.

420-magazine-mobile1812807349.jpg

420-magazine-mobile513363479.jpg

My first thought was a magnesium deficiency. Try adding some Epsom salt the next couple of times. Maybe you're actually deficient, maybe you've got an overabundance of calcium that's throwing the magnesium:calcium ratio up and making it appear as though you do. The Epsom salt will add magnesium (and sulfur), but not calcium.

Or... maybe it is some other issue, lol.

I just went through something very similar in my DWC. Couldn't figure out what was going on. My leaves were looking exactly like yours. And it was also an overnight change. Turns out I had a bad PH pen and at the same time wasn't using a PH calibration solution regularly. My girls were knocking on Death's Door. Finally fixed that and my problem went away. I know you said you were going to start using Self-Adjusting_PH nutes, but man it really looks and sounds exactly like the issue I just had. Good luck with it.

Yeah, I agree it looks like lockout to me. I'm going to test her water again today once I get a new pen.

I have been adding 2ml of CalMag per litre to my mix as well. I thought since I was using distilled water that I would need to. Perhaps adding the CalMag is what is causing the issue?

So, after much frustration, I decided to do another clean only this time I ran 10 gallons of distilled water through the plant and its roots to wash away anything and help purify.

I added 3 gallons of distilled water and mixed in AN trio nutrients. I didn't add in CalMag, in hopes that I can rule out the issue as being that.

I defoliated the heavily damaged leaves as they were part of the older growth I was going to remove next week. She looks much better already.

She is about to go to sleep, we shall see how she looks in the morning!

Check back for an update.

420-magazine-mobile1035359972.jpg

Shot underneathe to show training:
420-magazine-mobile562829431.jpg

Back
Top Bottom