Should I remove some fan leaves?

smodgrow

I've got four plants under a 600w HPS. I'm not sure of the strain but I got them as clones from a guy. It's been 18 days since I planted them. I'm a bit concerned that I may have overwatered the plants when I first planted them and now their first leaves are too big. It seems like a couple of the top fan leaves are shading some of the colas underneath so they could be getting much more light if I were to remove the leaves. I've had a look online and all the discussion I've found about removing fan leaves is heavily debated but they don't seem to mention removing just a couple of leaves. I'll attach a few photos and please let me know what you think.
420-magazine-mobile925873781.jpg
420-magazine-mobile150801544.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1087094628.jpg
420-magazine-mobile807230120.jpg

Why dont you start training it. No need to snip that young. Try tucking fan leaves or training. If you had to wouldn't kill it or anything.

Why dont you start training it. No need to snip that young. Try tucking fan leaves or training. If you had to wouldn't kill it or anything.

I was thinking about starting training but this is my first time growing so I didn't want to make things too complicated for myself haha. One plant in particular I was thinking about training. In the first picture on my post I don't know if you can see but I topped it, and now the middle cola is being outgrown by two coming from the side. Should I just wrap some twine or something around those and pull them down a little bit so the middle on is getting more light?

I was thinking about starting training but this is my first time growing so I didn't want to make things too complicated for myself haha. One plant in particular I was thinking about training. In the first picture on my post I don't know if you can see but I topped it, and now the middle cola is being outgrown by two coming from the side. Should I just wrap some twine or something around those and pull them down a little bit so the middle on is getting more light?
Yea i just tie mine towards the top and bend it over to a side with string. Growth is bendy so you wont hurt ur plant. Its a very simple method. I tie right to my pots.

Yea pretty much once it gets goin. Its especially important during flower for even production. These are mine outside all tied up its non stop now full on veg
420-magazine-mobile1115743876.jpg

Back
Top Bottom