Yellowing lower leaves - Should I be worried or is this normal?

MCAmnesia

Hi,

Here is the info:

Strain: Northern Lights Feminised (Sensi)
Indica
Two plants
Vegetative stage for about 1 month
Indoor, in soil, 5L pot
6 x overdriven 24W 6500K fluorescent T5 tubes (per plant)
I have a fan and carbon filter, so yes there is ventilation
Temperature is much much too high, Usually about 35C, down to 28C at night, and sometimes upto 42C - 44C in the day due to the hot weather.
RH is about 50%
pH of runoff was 5.3 last time I checked
No pests that I know of
Watering every three days. Giving nutrients every second watering, or, about weekly.
Using 2mL of Plant Magic OldTimer Grow in every second watering.

Growing in a cabinet, this is why the pot is probably too small, as an attempt to stop the plant from getting too big, also because there isn't really enough room for a bigger pot.

I have two plants, the smaller one is doing fine but she is much smaller due to a slow start.
The bigger one is about 8" tall, and seems generally healthy, but the lower leaves are yellowing, and I have read that this could be a nitrogen deficiency, however I suspect that this is not the case due to the nute burn on some of the leaves, maybe. (Not sure about this logic, but the plant is quite small so it seems unlikely to me that there are any deficiencies)

Could there be some lockout due to the pH of 5.3...
Would you recommend adding some pH up to raise this a bit?
Should I make the water significantly alkaline (pH 12 for example), or should it be done more gradually?

The leaves are quite dense, so could they be yellowing due to the lack of light getting to them?
Also some of the leaves are touching the edges of the cabinet a little.

Here are some pictures

20170622_162533.jpg

20170622_162526.jpg

20170622_162454.jpg

20170622_162429.jpg

20170622_162421.jpg

20170622_162413.jpg

I'm worried specifically about the lighter, yellowing leaf in the fifth picture, because it is higher than the other yellowing ones...

Do you think this could be a serious problem or should I leave her alone to see what happens?

Thanks a lot for your help

:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom